The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony sent out an email to some gamers with stats about their 2017 gaming. Share yours if you got it!

I've been a PS member for 10 years

First Stop
First game - Watch Dogs
1st trophy - Knock You Out

Hours played
799 hours played over 107 different games with the most progress in June with 151 hours

Community stats:
The average gamer played 218 hours with July being the most active with 1.13B hourse

Most played games
1. Injustice 2 - 369 hrs
2. Horizon - 101 hours
3. Uncharted 4 - 98 hours

Community stats:
1. GTA5 - 1.13B hours
2. NBA 2K17 - 767M
3. COD BO3 - 513M

Top genre
Fighting

Trophies
343 earned
Bronze - 287
Silver - 43
Gold - 9
Platinum - 4

November was my highest earning month with 80 trophies
First platinum earned was in Marvel Heroes Omega (that doesnt sound right as I got that just before they shut down last month)

2016 vs 2017: 186 vs 343 trophies

PS Plus
I downloaded 71 games and saved $66.91 in discounts

My most played online game was Uncharted 4 and for the community that was GTA V

That'd be cool to get I know for sure my top game last year was Phantasy Star Online 2.

Welcome, dude!
Now get Bloodborne. :yay:

Thanks dude, heard great things about it, so far have Fifa 18 (footy essential) and a massive fan of the Hitman games thus far on previous PS versions and the PS4 version is :hmr:.

Am sure I'm likes others, that Spiderman is an essential purchase when it comes out, and Last of Us II, Red Dead 2.

Oh, it's pretty cool what Sony did. Here's my recap:

Looks like you really enjoyed playing BLOODBORNE in 2017

You've been pursuing greatness for 7 years.
Here’s your journey through 2017

FIRST STOP: YOUR FIRST GAME
Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played THE LAST OF US LEFT BEHIND REMASTERED, and the first trophy you earned while playing was Brick Master.

NEXT STOP: YOUR TIME ON THE ROAD
Over the months, you played 505 hours over 19 different games, while making the most progress in March with 71 hours of gameplay.

NEXT STOP: YOUR FAVORITE PATHS
Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:

1 BLOODBORNE - 92 hours

2 BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT - 73 hours

3 UNCHARTED 4 A THIEF’S END - 67 hours

NEXT STOP: WAYPOINTS ON YOUR JOURNEY
Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of 350 trophies
(Psst, that puts you in the top 10% off all trophy earners! Way to go!)

March was your highest trophy-earning month with 59 trophies.
Well done, Jick10.
But there was more to your journey.
GREATNESS AWAITS

Can't see my full recap, though.

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Industry, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Jim Ryan named Sony Interactive Entertainment Deputy President[/FONT]
Published 1 day ago. 20 comments.
[FONT=&quot]
Ryan to work with Kodera to 'further accelerate PlayStation business.'

Jim-Ryan-SIE-Deputy_01-16-18.jpg

Jim Ryan, the Head of Global Sales and Marketing of Sony Interactive Entertainment and Prseident of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, has been named Deputy President of Sony Interactive Entertainment with immediate effect, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

In addition to his existing responsibilities, as a Deputy President, Jim will work alongside President and Chief Executive Officer Tsuyoshi “John” Kodera and existing Deputy President Kazuo Miura to “further reinforce and accelerate the PlayStation business on a global scale.”
Find comments from Kodera and Ryan, as well as some background on Ryan, below.
John Kodera
“I’m very happy and pleased to have Jim as Deputy President. Jim has more than two decades of experience at PlayStation and has a great record of success, including the successful launches of PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation VR that he led as Head of Global Sales and Marketing. With his deep knowledge around the game business and industry as well as his understanding of our own culture and strengths, I am confident that he will take our business to an even higher level.”

Jim Ryan
“It’s a huge honor to be named a Deputy President of SIE. I’m looking forward to leveraging the experience that I have at PlayStation, both in Europe and also in leading Global Sales and Marketing, to support John Kodera as SIE strives to further expand the PlayStation business globally. Together with all our employees and partners, I’m committed to continuing to deliver unique entertainment offerings that are only possible on PlayStation.”

Jim Ryan Background
Jim joined SIEE in 1994 and has held a number of senior positions over the course of his twenty-three years with the company. In 2011, he was appointed president of SIEE with responsibility for leading the PlayStation business in more than 100 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. He has also served as head of Global Sales and Marketing at SIE since April 2016.
[FONT=&quot]

source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

Of all the games that seem to get 'upgraded' for PS4 from previous incarnations of the PS range, I'd love one game in particular to be released.

Freedom Fighters, developed and released by the same team behind the Hitman games, it was a work of genius and had, for me, the best 'tactical team' control system in a game ever, in terms of control and placement and AI support.

Such a good game, I really hope it would be upgraded and released, but given it's years old, given it's an old PS2 release, it won't. :csad:

Of all the games that seem to get 'upgraded' for PS4 from previous incarnations of the PS range, I'd love one game in particular to be released.

Freedom Fighters, developed and released by the same team behind the Hitman games, it was a work of genius and had, for me, the best 'tactical team' control system in a game ever, in terms of control and placement and AI support.

Such a good game, I really hope it would be upgraded and released, but given it's years old, given it's an old PS2 release, it won't. :csad:
I LOVED that game. I’d love for IO to revive it and make a new entry

I keep getting emails from Playstation about changing my password. I think someone is trying to hack me.

I keep getting emails from Playstation about changing my password. I think someone is trying to hack me.

Go to playstation.com and send them a message that you are receiving multiple emails saying you need to change your password. Ask if they are really from Sony and tell them you are worried about being hacked. They should tell you how to handle the situation.

Played my first career management / player game on Fifa 18 on my new PS4 this evening, having been used to PS3 version. My god, the difference, immersive is not the word. Unbelievable. Its gonna take me a long time. :hmr:

Edit - its very different to the PS3 versions in the amount of negotiations involved, and managed to F up in offering a player £1,000,000 a week in wages rather than £100,000, far say I crippled the club financially, luckily only the start of pre-season so am starting again.

Plus I missed a few transfers off when editing the teams so all in all, not the best start. Fair to say raged, now calmer and start again :exp:

Edit II - Ok, so it's official, I don't know the **** I am doing with the new transfer system on FIFA, whether dealing myself or delegating the task out to my staff. Refused a bid on one of my players and the system has ignored that and accepted a first time low bid anyway. This is driving me mad. :fst: Not playing FIFA from now on in career mode, it's bs.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Two articles from the same place

[/FONT]

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Sony president and CEO Kazuo Hirai steps down[/FONT]
Published 35 mins ago. 4 comments.
Transition in management announced.

Kaz-Hirai-Steps-Down_02-02-18.jpg

Kenichiro Yoshida, the current Director, Representative Corporate Executive Officer, Executive Deputy President, and Chief Financial Officer of Sony Corporation, has been appointed the Director, Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President, and Chief Executive Officer of the company, effective on April 1, replacing the currently President and Chief Executive Officer Kazuo Hirai (pictured), Sony announced.

Hirai will become a Director and Chairman of Sony Corporation, also effective on April 1.

The transition in management was proposed by Hirai to the Sony Nominating Committee, and was approved by the Sony Board of Directors.

Sony said that it will embark on its next mid-range corporate plan starting April 1 under a new management structure led by Yoshida.

Find comments from each party below.
Kazuo Hirai
“Ever since my appointment as President and CEO in April 2012, I have stated that my mission is to ensure Sony continues to be a company that provides customers with kando – to move them emotionally – and inspires and fulfills their curiosity. To this end, I have dedicated myself to transforming the company and enhancing its profitability, and am very proud that now, in the third and final year of our current mid-range corporate plan, we are expecting to exceed our financial targets. And it excites me to hear more and more people enthuse that Sony is back again. As the company approaches a crucial juncture, when we will embark on a new mid-range plan, I consider this to be the ideal time to pass the baton of leadership to new management, for the future of Sony and also for myself to embark on a new chapter in my life. My successor, Kenichiro Yoshida, has supported me closely since returning to Sony in December 2013 , contributing extensively beyond his remit as CFO and acting as valuable confidant and business partner, as we took on the challenge of transforming Sony together. Mr. Yoshida combines a deeply strategic mindset with a relentless determination to achieve defined targets, and the ability to take a global viewpoint. I believe he possesses the breadth of experience and perspective, as well as the unwavering leadership qualities required to manage Sony’s diverse array of businesses, and as such is the ideal person to drive the company forward into the future. As Chairman, I will of course offer my full support to Mr. Yoshida and the new management team, and do all I can to facilitate a smooth transition and ensure their future success.”

Kenichiro Yoshida
“I am very grateful to Kazuo Hirai and the Sony Board for their trust and confidence in appointing me as Sony President and CEO, and at the same time feel a great sense of responsibility in taking on this vitally important role. Together with the outstanding talent we have across the Sony Group, I will aim to build on the business foundations established by Mr. Hirai, and execute further reform measures that enhance our competitiveness as a global enterprise, and enable us to realize long-term profit growth. My first priority will be to finalize our next mid-range corporate plan starting in April, together with our immediate business plan for the fiscal year 2018, and then move ahead swiftly with implementation. This is a hugely exciting time at Sony as we look to our future, and together with my management team I intend to determine the best path for us to move forward, and devote my full effort to creating a better Sony that captures the imagination of our many stakeholders around the world.”

Osamu Nagayama, Chairman of the Board and Chair of the Nominating Committee
“The Board is grateful to Kazuo Hirai for his outstanding contribution over the past six years, taking leadership of the company amidst an extremely challenging business environment in 2012, and making great progress in revitalizing Sony’s business. Given these achievements, we were initially surprised by his proposal to step down from the role of President and CEO, but over time and following extensive further discussions we ultimately reached a decision to respect his wishes. The Nominating Committee had been regularly discussing potential management succession plans, and after receiving the proposal from Mr. Hirai, we engaged in renewed discussion, leading to the conclusion that Mr. Yoshida would be the ideal candidate to succeed Mr. Hirai as Sony President and CEO, and lead Sony into the future. The Board also unanimously supported this proposal. Together with Mr. Hirai, the Board will offer their full support to Mr. Yoshida and his new management team, while also closely observing their progress from a shareholder perspective.”
[FONT=&quot]

Also with

[/FONT]

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PS4 worldwide shipments top 76.5 million[/FONT]
Published 20 mins ago. 0 comments.
Nine million units shipped for the three months ended December 31, 2017.

PS4-Shipments_02-02-18.jpg

Worldwide total shipments for PlayStation 4 have reached 76.5 million, Sony announced in its financial results for the three months ended December 31, 2017.

A total of nine million PlayStation 4s were shipped during the three months ended December 31, 2017, which is down 700,000 from the 9.7 million shipped during same period the previous year.

Sony’s forecast of 19 million units shipped in fiscal year 2017 remains unchanged from October.
[FONT=&quot]

source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

Just heard about Kaz stepping down.

looks like good #s from PS4. being down yoy from previous year's period is to be expected given market saturation. but it looks like PS4 is still selling strong overall.

hope the new guy in charge of Sony can keep the momentum and direction going. just don't mess anything up.......lol.

Rumors are flying that this is the first step to Sony possibly selling to another company.

well, rumors have been that MS is looking to buy another company........

hmmmm............

lol.

but seriously, that's the 1st time I've heard rumors about Sony selling itself.

man.....I hope that doesn't happen. :(

IIRC, the PlayStation division has been the only part of Sony that actually makes them money. They lost a large amount of money from their other divisions (Mobile, Pictures, etc.) They had to spin-off their laptop business to stop them from losing anymore money. There are some speculating Apple may be looking to purchase them. (MS too like you said)

I know a few years back, Sony as a whole was in pretty bad state ( aside from the gaming division ), but I was under the impression that in recent years, they've managed to turn the other divisions around too back towards profitably.

Well my info is dated, but I can look it up and see if they're doing better. I still remember reports that the mobile and television were still doing badly, though. Sony Pictures may be doing better with Spider-Man Homecoming and (ugh) The Emoji Movie.

I know a few years back, Sony as a whole was in pretty bad state ( aside from the gaming division ), but I was under the impression that in recent years, they've managed to turn the other divisions around too back towards profitably.
They’ve made a big turnaround but selling a company can happen when you are capable of getting the best price relative to your assets like with the Fox asset sale. They weren’t sold off because they were doing badly but (aside from focusing on news and sports) with the need for consolidation in future to compete on streaming for eg, the value of their entertainment assets was highest right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"