The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sony Paris Games Week 2017 press conference detailed, pre-show to host seven new game announcements[/FONT]
Published 17 hours ago. 106 comments.

"E3 was only half the story."

PGW-SIE_10-27-17.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Paris Games Week 2017 PlayStation Media Showcase, which will kick off at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET on October 30, will host “an exclusive look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles,” the company teased in a PlayStation Blog post.

But an hour before the press briefing begins, at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. PT, Sony will host an introductory live stream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR.

The official PlayStation Twitter account teases that, “E3 was only half the story.”

After the briefing, the PlayStation Blog will “dive deeper into the biggest announcements” that come out of the show.
The PlayStation Media Showcase and introductory live stream at Paris Games Week 2017 will be live streamed on live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

[FONT=&quot]
source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

Great thing about selling my ps4 a few years ago is I have lots of cheap games to catch up on. Picked up DMC an SF V today.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]-XcdlKR3i4g[/YT]

Spelunky 2 and More Games Announced! - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]832 views7 hours ago Published on 10/30/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]"Today in the Rundown, we cover all the games that Sony announced at Paris Games Week, including Ghost of Tsushima and Spelunky 2! We also find out who is playing [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]DC's Shazam, get the latest on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, follow up about GameCube titles on the Nintendo Switch, and finally, learn just how popular the Nintendo Switch really is! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
source:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

Alight so my other sister that was supposed to have her operation had it and she's fine. the fibroid was the size of base ball she's recovering and she'll ne out in 3 days. the weird thing is one of my uncle's is now having chest pain the same day and we had to pick him up to night too and get him check outthe rest of the week. man what a week. Here's what new.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Experience 2017 keynote set for December 8 [Update][/FONT]
Published 7 hours ago. 49 comments.
Plus some other information about the annual event.

PSX17_11-06-17.jpg

This PlayStation Experience 2017 keynote will be held on Friday, December 8 at 8:00 p.m. PT / 11:00 p.m. ET, Sony Interactive Entertainment America announced.

PlayStation Experience 2017 itself runs from December 9 to 10. All Early Bird” ticket holders will be granted access to the keynote, during which PlayStation Worldwide Studios Chairman Shawn Layden will provide an update to attendees, we’ll meet some special guests, along with a few surprises and game updates.”

The PlayStation Experience keynote is usually held at 10:00 a.m. on the first day of the annual event, so this is a change to the status quo.
The show floor itself will allow attendees to go hands-on with “the next wave of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR games” and “dive deeper into some of PlayStation’s biggest games by means of immersive interactive experiences that blend the world of game and reality.”

Developer panels will return for PlayStation Experience 2017, including more insight into announcements from Paris Games Week 2017 and beyond. The list of participating developers is still being finalized, but Sucker Punch Productions will appear to talk about the newly announced Ghost of Tsushima, Media Molecule will appear to talk about the 2015-announced Dreams, and more.

The floor space this year has been expanded by about 50 percent accomadate these new activities, which will also include new competition areas for Gran Turismo Sport, a larger PlayStation Gear Store with merchandise unavailable online, and more.

More information about PlayStation Experience 2017 will e shared in the following weeks, including more details about developer panels, autograph signings, merchandise updates, Capcom Cup 2017, other activities, and more.

Update 8:15 p.m.: Sony Interactive Entertainment America social media director Sid Shuman has provided clarification on the keynote, calling it smaller scale than previous years.
“On Friday night, we’ll have a special presentation with opening remarks, special guests and game updates to talk about,” Shuman said. “We’re not calling it a Showcase given that we’re coming a few weeks off of Paris Games Week, but we’ll have some cool content to share.”

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][YT]kVURqcj6oro[/YT] [FONT=Roboto !important]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Console Upgrade Cycles? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important]457 views4 hours ago Published on 11/10/2017[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]With the new Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, will gamers be seeing more frequent and incremental console updates in the future? That's the topic of the latest EP Fan Question of the day [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[YT]B_CIUIdOFPU[/YT]

Playstation 4 Gift Ideas! - Holiday Gift Guide 2017 - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1.9K viewsv5 days ago Published on 1/22/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Vic shares some of his best gift ideas for Christmas. In this episode, he focuses on the Playstation 4!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
source:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Awards 2017 live stream[/FONT]
Published 1 day ago. 4 comments.

Sony to honor the top-selling games of 2017 in Japan and Asia.

PS-Awards-2017-Live-Stream_11-30-17.jpg

PlayStation Awards 2017, which is being held at Konron in the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo, will begin shortly.

The awards show, which has been held annually since 1995, honors the top-selling games across the Japan and Asia regions. Prizes are awarded across Platinum, Gold, PlayStation Network, Users’ Choice, PlayStation VR, and Indies & Developer categories. Read more about each award here.

Generally, the PlayStation Awards is strictly an awards show and does not act as a platform for new game announcements. In 2014, however, the show hosted the announcement of the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition.

This year marks the first year that the PlayStation Awards is being streamed with a live English translation.

Watch the live stream below. (Starts at 17:00 JST.)
English

[YT]1rb-2I46vVc[/YT]
Japanese

[YT]-1rImCRSWzo[/YT]

Also with

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Awards 2017 winners announced[/FONT]
Published 1 day ago. 49 comments.

The top-selling PlayStation 4 titles in Japan and Asia are...

PS-Awards-2017-Winners_11-30-17.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has announced the winners of PlayStation Awards 2017.

The PlayStation Awards is an annual awards show that rewards PlayStation format titles based on sales.
Get the winners below. See them them win inthe former articles video above.

Double Platinum Prize
Software titles with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over two million copies.

• Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition / Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition / Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Mojang / SIE)
Platinum Prize
Software titles with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over one million copies.

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Orca / Square Enix)
  • Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar North / Rockstar Games)
Gold Prize
Software titles with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies.

• Battlefield 1 (DICE / Electronic Arts)
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Infinity Ward / Activision / SIE)
  • FIFA 2017 (EA Canada / Electronic Arts)
  • FIFA 2018 (EA Canada / Electronic Arts)
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games / SIE)
  • NieR: Automata (Platinum Games / Square Enix)
  • Nioh (Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo)
  • Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft Montreal / Ubisoft)
  • Resident Evil 7: biohazard (Capcom)
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Naughty Dog / SIE)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Ryu ga Gotoku Studio / Sega Games)
PlayStation Network Award
The top three network sales titles were awarded. (Between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017.)

• FIFA 2017 (EA Canada / Electronic Arts)
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega Games)
  • Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft Montreal / Ubisoft)
Users Choice Prize
The top 10 titles voted by Japan and Asia users were awarded. (Released between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017.)

• Battlefield 1 (DICE / Electronic Arts)
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Orca / Square Enix)
  • Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games / SIE)
  • NieR: Automata (Platinum Games / Square Enix)
  • Nioh (Team Ninja / Koei Tecmo)
  • Persona 5 (Atlus)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Naughty Dog / SIE)
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom)
PlayStation VR Special Award
Three titles that have contributed to PlayStation VR were awarded. (Released between October 13, 2016 and September 30, 2017, excluding last year’s winning titles.)

• Far Point (Impulse Gear / SIE)
  • Summer Lesson: Allison Snow (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
Indie & Developer Award
Three titles that have contributed to the expansion PlayStation were awarded. (Released between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017, excluding last year’s winning titles.)

• 3on3 FreeStyle (Joycity Games)
  • Touhou Genso Wanderer: Reloaded (Aqua Style)
  • Undertale (Toby Fox)

[FONT=&quot]source: Gematsu[/FONT]

i just bought a PS 4 Pro :awesome:

now i need to figure out how to save all my data from the PS4, transfer it, wipe out the PS4 and sell it to recoup some of what i spent

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]L2Enpv6Zz5s[/YT]

Wipeout and Last Guardian VR Announced - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]967 views11 hours ago Published on 12/11/2017[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have the first details on new VR games from the Wipeout and Last Guardian franchises! We also find out when players might finally be able to change [/FONT]
[/FONT]
their PSN usernames, unmask the new big screen animated Spider-Man movie, find out when Marvel's Jessica Jones will return to Netflix, have an early look at the manga-inspired Alita: Battle Angel from Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron, and and finally, take a look at new content for Street Fighter and Monster Hunter World!

confirming the video above

safe_image.php

[FONT=&quot]
The most-requested PSN feature is (probably) arriving within the year
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]| December 11, 2017[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Fans have been asking for some changes to PSN, and they're finally in the works. [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more [/FONT]
[/FONT]

source:EPN.tv& [FONT=&quot] EGMnow[/FONT]

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PS4 sold 5.9 million units during the 2017 holiday season, worldwide sales top 73.6 million[/FONT]
Published 6 hours ago. 78 comments.
More than 55.9 million PS4 games were also sold.

PS4-Sales_01-08-18.jpg

PlayStation 4 sold 5.9 million units worldwide during the 2017 holiday season, which Sony Interactive Entertainment defined as from November 20 to December 31, the company announced.

Here are the key points, via Sony:

• PS4 has sold through to consumers more than 5.9 million units during the 2017 holiday season.
  • PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 73.6 million units globally as of December 31, 2017.
  • More than 55.9 million PS4 games were sold during the 2017 holiday season in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store. This totals up to 645.0 million copies cumulatively sold as of December 31, 2017.
“Thanks to the continued support from our fans across the globe, we are honored to announce remarkable sales during the holiday season,” said John Kodera, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment in a press release. “PlayStation Network continues to demonstrate spectacular growth, with the number of PlayStation Plus subscribers surpassing 31.5 million, and PS Store recording its largest-ever monthly sales of content in December 2017.”

Kodera continued, “I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our community and our partners for helping us achieve such phenomenal milestones. We promise our unwavering commitment to bring more amazing experiences to our fans, including exclusive games and innovative network services, as PS4 continues to flourish as the best place to play.”

PlayStation 4 is currently available in 127 countries and regions worldwide.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

impressive numbers from PS4!!

it really is the "king" of this console gen.

If I buy PlayStation plus, does it come with a PlayStation now subscription?

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sign-up for the PS4 system update 5.50 beta[/FONT]
Published 21 hours ago. 75 comments.

New update on the way.

PS4-550-Beta-Init_01-15-18.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has opened beta test sign-ups for PlayStation 4 system software update 5.50.

Interested users can register at the following links:

You can sign up anytime between today and January 23. Users must be of 18 years or older and be a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now subscriber to apply.

Finally got round to upgrade from my PS3 and got a PS4 for my birthday. :yay:

Christ... Only 3 of those Onyx controllers on Amazon. Gone within in half a day, and now I'm being told that more will be dispatched within 1-2 months. ****

i just bought a PS 4 Pro :awesome:

now i need to figure out how to save all my data from the PS4, transfer it, wipe out the PS4 and sell it to recoup some of what i spent

congrats

there's about 10 gigs of cloud storage you can use to transfer stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume