The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also with moralso with more recently to day.,

[YT]v49eYvUdCGI[/YT]

6 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for August 4, 2016

Today in the Rundown, we have the latest rumors on Nintendo's new console the NX, have some legendary details about Pokémon Go, have some bad news for fans of thePlayStation Network series Powers, get an early look at an all-new Sudden Strike game, and finally, find out how humans are returning to the moon like never before!
It looks like Nintendo is bringing out its heavy hitters for their latest console. In what might seem like a pretty obvious move, Nintendo is rumoured to be working on new, AAA Mario and Pokémon games as launch window titles for their new console, codenamed the NX. According to MCV, the new Mario game is being developed internally at Nintendo, while the Pokémon game is being handled by Game Freak, the same studio behind the the recent Pokémon titles for the 3DS. The new games, whatever they are, might not be available on launch day, but are expected to be released within the first six months after the console’s launch. Since Nintendo’s most valuable asset is their characters, releasing exclusive games in these franchises seems like a smart way to drive early interest in the NX. It will also help them avoid repeating the very slow start of the Wii U, which many fans say didn’t have enough big titles at launch. Nintendo is also working on the new Zelda game Breath of the Wild, which will be available simultaneously on the NX and Wii U. Third party publishers like Sega and Ubisoft have already started making their own NX launch titles as well. We still don’t know too many official details about the NX, but it’s rumoured to be a TV-based console that can also be taken with you on the go, making it a combination of a stationary console and handheld platform. This is reportedly Nintendo’s way of bridging the gap between mobile and console gaming, which they hope will bring in new, more casual gamers, especially after the now legendary success of Pokémon Go. The NX is scheduled to hit stores in March 2017.
And it looks like Pokémon Go is a little less legendary, for now. The game’s developer Niantic Labs has removed all the high-powered Legendary Pokémon that have appeared in the accounts of players across the globe. Earlier this week, several players claimed to have discovered the Legendary Pokémon Articuno, but in a written statement sent to IGN, Niantic says that the only way these players could have caught a Legendary Pokémon at this point is by hacking the game. They haven’t yet officially released any Legendary Pokémon, so they’ve removed them from those accounts in order to preserve the game’s integrity and fairness. It’s good to see them take a stand against cheating. So when will the first Legendary Pokémon be released for real? Niantic Labs hasn’t exactly revealed when they’ll be officially released, but hopefully they’ll arrive soon.
Speaking of legendary, don’t forget that a big screen Pokémon movie is currently in the works at Legendary Pictures. It will be based on the new game Great Detective Pikachu, and is expected to feature live action actors interacting with CGI animated Pokémon. Although there have been several Japanese anime movies in the franchise, this will be the first Hollywood adaptation, so hopefully it doesn’t suck. Expect to see it in theatres in the next few years.

The PlayStation Network doesn’t have the Power. Sony has cancelled their PSN original series Powers after just two seasons. Based on the popular comic series by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the show was Sony’s attempt to create original streaming content, kind of like what’s already being done by Netflix and Hulu. Now that they’ve pulled the plug, it remains to be seen if Sony will be as interested in making more original streaming content in the future. Even though Powers won’t be back for a third season, fans will still be able to re-watch the first two on the PlayStation Network whenever they want, and thankfully, Brian Michael Bendis has confirmed that the comic series isn’t being affected by the show’s cancellation. If you want to learn more about Powers, click the link on your screen or in the description below to watch our interviews with the cast and crew at the second season red carpet premiere.
A classic real-time strategy series is suddenly back for another strike. An all-new game in the Sudden Strike series is on the way. It’s called Sudden Strike 4, and as the title suggests, it isn’t a remake or reboot, but a new entry in the existing series. Like its predecessors, it will offer real-time strategy combat on the battlefields of WWII, with players taking control of the the Russian, British, American, or German forces. There is a new developer, though. The original Sudden Strike games were made by Russian developer Fireglow Games, but the new one is being made by Kalypso Media, best known for publishing the Tropico series. It will deploy on the PC and PS4 in Spring 2017.
Humans beings are about to reach for the moon in a whole new way. The private American space company Moon Express has officially been given approval by the US government’s Federal Aviation Administration to launch a robotic mission to the moon. Although several different governments have already sent manned and unmanned missions to the lunar surface, this will be the first one funded and run by a privately held business. Their goal is to send a robotic lander to the surface in order to search for resources that can potentially be mined at some point in the future. Yes, human beings are about to start exploiting other worlds for resources. This obviously opens up a whole new debate about who those resources belong to. A 1967 treaty signed by the US and 100 other nations says that no country or its citizens can claim sovereignty over the moon, so mining its resources will likely be permitted under the same framework as fishing in international waters. It could easily get complicated though. Since the moon and other extraterrestrial bodies might have resources that we’ve never even heard of, mining them could yield untold levels of wealth, which is a good way for people to start fighting over them. This idea has already been explored in countless works of science fiction, and now it looks like we might be living it for real in the next few decades. The Moon Express mission will launch next year

source:
GI & EPN.tv

Last edited:
That's a big grain I think.

Is it still not officially announced yet?

I'm a little worried that they'll announce that Neo is needed mostly for VR purposes, so that it can run better, but at the same time, that doesn't really affect me at the moment, so I don't care.

But it would still be a big F-U to fans who already own a PS4 and pre-ordered VR.

I'm a little worried that they'll announce that Neo is needed mostly for VR purposes, so that it can run better, but at the same time, that doesn't really affect me at the moment, so I don't care.

But it would still be a big F-U to fans who already own a PS4 and pre-ordered VR.

yeah. if that ends up being the case, then that would go a long way towards deflating my interest in the Neo, especially if the rumored 4.2 teraflop spec is true. Might as well just wait for the Scorpio then.

I don't really have much interest in VR at the moment, so I hope that's not the case.

otoh, it would save me the hassle of having to trade in my PS4 to upgrade to a Neo........lol.

yeah. if that ends up being the case, then that would go a long way towards deflating my interest in the Neo, especially if the rumored 4.2 teraflop spec is true. Might as well just wait for the Scorpio then.

I don't really have much interest in VR at the moment, so I hope that's not the case.

otoh, it would save me the hassle of having to trade in my PS4 to upgrade to a Neo........lol.
I'll be honest, I tried out the Vive this weekend, and it completely changed my mind on VR. I'd still like to see PSVR first, but I might get VR sooner than I was expecting to, one way or another. I just think it would really suck if the cost to run PSVR efficiently turned out to be double the price of what people expected.

I'll be honest, I tried out the Vive this weekend, and it completely changed my mind on VR. I'd still like to see PSVR first, but I might get VR sooner than I was expecting to, one way or another. I just think it would really suck if the cost to run PSVR efficiently turned out to be double the price of what people expected.

add in a 4K tv to fully benefit from the Neo, and the customer will actually be "triple charged" for the full experience ( VR, Neo, 4k tv ).

Jeez, you're right. :csad:

yeah. :(

which is why, for me as a 1080p tv owner, it will be critical for Sony to officially confirm that the Neo will provide some kind of noticeable, tangible benefit to game performance on non 4k tvs.

The X1 S with its slight power boost over the original X1 already provides a slight improvement in steadier FPS in some games. not a huge, majorly noticeable difference, but apparently it is there - for some games at least.

so, one would think the Neo, with its even more powerful specs, should be able to provide a more noticeable performance boost to games on a 1080p tv.

Sony needs to answer my question of "Why do I need to upgrade to the Neo if I only have a 1080p tv?"

After that, it's "Will it be worth it to upgrade to a 4k tv along with the Neo?"

Last edited:
The one thing they have gamers pegged on is that they MUST have the latest and greatest accessories otherwise their gaming experience means ****.

OMG, it's finally happening! Sony will add folders and allow us to organize our library in the next update. This one is significant!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...re-4-00-will-feature-folders-ui-refresh-more/

UI Refresh
We’ve made a lot of adjustments and improvements to PS4’s main user interface. That includes some changes you may notice right away, like new system backgrounds and a revised What’s New tab, to smaller changes like updated popup notifications and redesigned system icons. As a whole, it all adds up to a more refined and easy to use UI. The overall look and feel of the UI remains the same — it just has a fresh coat of paint.

Quick Menu
As you know, pressing and holding the PS button on your DualShock 4 brings up the Quick Menu. We’ve overhauled this menu to make it faster and easier to use. One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely.
We’ve added several new items to the Quick Menu, letting you quickly get info without having to back to the home screen. You can see the online status of your friends, and shortcuts to quickly access your Party, Favorite Groups, Communities, and more. You can also customize the Quick Menu, removing or adding items as you see fit.

Share Menu
We’ve given a similar overhaul to the Share Menu, which appears once you press the Share button on your DualShock 4. Like the Quick Menu, it only covers a portion of the screen. It will save the last social network you shared video clips or screenshots to, making the process of sharing a screenshot or video a bit faster and more streamlined.
You can also upload longer video clips to Twitter (was 10 seconds, now up to 140 seconds).

Folders and Library Organization
One of the big requests we get is for more options to organize content on PS4. With this update, we’re adding functionality to create folders on PS4’s content launcher and Library. This will help collect your favorite games and select apps in one place for quick and easy access.
We’re also making some pretty big changes to the Library. We’ve added a new tab called Purchased, which will show all of the content you own — games, applications, demos, and betas you’ve participated in. As a result, the Games and Applications tabs focus on content currently installed on your system. This should help de-clutter your library, and make it faster to find the content you’re looking for.
There are some new sorting tools for your Library as well. You’ll be able to sort content by purchase date or install status, and search for specific games and apps via text input.

Trophy Improvements
This update brings the ability to view the Trophy offline. You’ll see a new “offline mode” option if your system is unable to connect to the network, letting you view your entire Trophy collection without an Internet connection.
We’ve also added a button that will let you view the content of a Hidden Trophy. The Trophy will still be hidden by default, but you can now choose to show the Trophy name and info.
Lastly, we’re changing the icons that show how rare a Trophy is. Instead of four boxes that fill, the icon looks like a pyramid with the ultra-rare Trophies at the top.

User Profile

We’ve updated the look of the User Profile, making it easier to see relevant info for a player at-a-glance. For instance, you can now see your Trophy progress compared with another player right from their profile. You can also add a background image to your own profile — perhaps a screenshot you took in one of your favorite games.

The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.

How about they fix error CE-34878-0 ? It has been an ongoing issue ever since the console was released (almost 3 years already).

Folders and UI Refresh!! Nice!!

didn't see anything about custom backgrounds/themes, so hopefully that is part of the UI Refresh.

I'm hoping we can name our folders whatever we want, and put whatever we want in them. And not just games, but other apps, too.

and hopefully with the UI refresh, they give the browser a refresh too. Some sites, like these forums, are just too small or unreadable.

Its nice that we can put them in a seperate folder now, but I hope they allow us to delete or at the very least hide content. I do not need to keep betas that no longer work or demos for games I now own showing up

^ that would be nice ( and needed ), too.

after Folders and Custom Themes/Wallpapers, external hdd support ( like the X1 has ) is the other feature I want most. I've got a 2 tb external just sitting there......lol.

so, typically, how long do the Beta testing stages for the firmware updates take?

The blog has updated with pics

28387419673_fedb87eb49_z.jpg

28387418663_663db8e5db_z.jpg

28384890644_b33f467401_z.jpg

Oh man the UI is so nice. Can't wait for the update.

I like the new "half-screen" Quick Menu and Share Menu. much more convenient that way.

I wonder what the "Refreshed" UI will look that. looks pretty much the same in those pics.

oh, and with Folders, I wonder if we will be able to position and "pin" them to a certain location on the bar.

hope so, because it would defeat their convenience if they constantly moved around on the bar like the games and apps do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"