The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a rumor, but not sure I feel about it yet.

God of War 4 is in development and will be released in September 2012, according to respected unofficial PlayStation mag, PSM3.

Last month a CV appeared online referencing a "God of War 4 cinematic test" and although the animator in question has since claimed this has nothing to do with Sony's flagship series, in its latest issue, PSM3 says it's learnt more...

"PSM3 has heard from another source that God of War 4 is coming, and will hit in September 2012," the mag reports in its latest issue, which is out next week and with subscribers now.

"Our source works closely with the God of War universe, and let slip he'd be working on a related project at the same time."

While last year's God of War 3 concluded a trilogy, Santa Monica Studio has said it's "not the end" for the hugely popular PlayStation franchise.

The next game in the series has previous been rumoured to feature online co-op gameplay.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/298849/god-of-war-4-release-date-september-2012/

online co-op play? i wonder how they would be able to pull that off

Eh, I like the GoW series, but after 3, unless they truly advance the gameplay, the series has just become stale. 3 was neat but it was far too similar to 1 and 2, it just looked prettier.

I'm about halfway through the game on titan right now, and I agree about the gameplay getting stale. Also, I'm not sure where they could go story-wise.

Did anyone get mortal combat for Ps3? Because I was just wondering if they included a back story for kratos in there?

Eh, I like the GoW series, but after 3, unless they truly advance the gameplay, the series has just become stale. 3 was neat but it was far too similar to 1 and 2, it just looked prettier.

See before GoW 3 came out I grabbed the HD collection and the PSP game. I played all three back to back... then once 3 hit I was like "Meh.. This LOOKS fantastic but I'm bored." I seriously think that, for me, playing through the first two games hurt GoW3's experience for me.

Like you said, far, far to similar. It was pretty much the same exact game with a few new powers and a much prettier picture.

Did anyone get mortal combat for Ps3? Because I was just wondering if they included a back story for kratos in there?

I got Mortal Kombat for the PS3 and yes there is a backstory for Kratos. It is as follows:

"Ancient Greece knew no more bloodthirsty a warrior than Kratos, who for a time was the God of War. Mortal once more, Kratos withdrew from the ages-old clash between men and gods. But his solitude was broken when he was ripped through space and time. As the madness subsided, Kratos found himself in present-day Outworld, kneeling before Shao Kahn. To ensure his victory in Mortal Kombat, the emperor had invoked an ancient ritual, sacrificing the souls of his vanguard to summon and enslave the most powerful warrior of all time. But the spell alone could not contain Kratos, who soon regained his free will. Enraged by Shao Kahn's arrogance, Kratos vowed to rip the warlord's spine from his body. The God of War had returned to battle."

However Kratos does not appear in story mode (thank god). He does have his own ending as well.

With Thor coming out and it's tie-in games sucking (Wii and DS are actually decent though), I would look forward to GoW4 if it was Norse mythology.

I got Mortal Kombat for the PS3 and yes there is a backstory for Kratos. It is as follows:

"Ancient Greece knew no more bloodthirsty a warrior than Kratos, who for a time was the God of War. Mortal once more, Kratos withdrew from the ages-old clash between men and gods. But his solitude was broken when he was ripped through space and time. As the madness subsided, Kratos found himself in present-day Outworld, kneeling before Shao Kahn. To ensure his victory in Mortal Kombat, the emperor had invoked an ancient ritual, sacrificing the souls of his vanguard to summon and enslave the most powerful warrior of all time. But the spell alone could not contain Kratos, who soon regained his free will. Enraged by Shao Kahn's arrogance, Kratos vowed to rip the warlord's spine from his body. The God of War had returned to battle."

However Kratos does not appear in story mode (thank god). He does have his own ending as well.
I liked his ending, but I was a little underwhelmed.
It's totally the opposite of what I imagined. I thought that, after Shao Kahn, [BLACKOUT]he would go after the heads of Raiden and the Elder Gods, but he was congratulated by Fujin and Raiden. I admire their action, but the other way could open more room to Kratos in the sequel.[/BLACKOUT]

i just played MK game at my cousin's house and playing as Kratos rocked!!!! If Mortal Kombat has a DLC they must have Zeus Hades and Hercules and maybe Poseidon as a DLC

IDA. Kratos should be the only guest character. Any and all DLC should be MK centric

To this day I'm not a big God of War 1 fan. I think it's not as refined as the others and feels a lot cheaper.

I was disappointed when I beat it, so skipped II. It wasn't until chains of Olympus that I tried it out again and man did it hit home. Bought/loved the rest of the games after that.

So with that in mind I can't wait to play these again if they're really coming. Ghost of Sparta was a perfect blend of God of War III's over-the-top Hollywood approach and the earlier games' sense of journey. Awesome.

I thought GOW1 had the most epic moments, atmosphere and story. And it's what made me love this franchise more than any other (until Uncharted came).
To this day, I only know the PSP games from watching the walkthroughs on YouTube. I'm looking forward to play them.

Any idea on the price? And How many GB it will take from my HD?

To this day I'm not a big God of War 1 fan. I think it's not as refined as the others and feels a lot cheaper.
funny you say that bc I still think that GoW1 is without a doubt the best game in the series

funny you say that bc I still think that GoW1 is without a doubt the best game in the series

Agreed. I really need to play that again. I made the mistake of never using or upgrading Poseidon's Rage.

My problem is it's just not as polished as the others. II, for me, is a giant leap up. I get annoyed at the cheap bosses and puzzles in the first game where as bosses in the other games are some of my favorite video game fights.

For me it comes down to story. None ofthe following games beat the story of the first. Kratos was also a much more believable and identifiable protagonist in the first game. He became more of an unlikeable *****e with each game

For me it comes down to story. None ofthe following games beat the story of the first. Kratos was also a much more believable and identifiable protagonist in the first game. He became more of an unlikeable *****e with each game

That's true with all but Ghost of Sparta. His quest to save his brother makes for the second best tale of the series.

That's true with all but Ghost of Sparta. His quest to save his brother makes for the second best tale of the series.
speaking of which, I have yet to complete that game. I probably should now with the PSN being down

oldkratos.jpg

Saw this on Facebook and i kind of liked it reminded me of Metal Gear Solid 4

Who is this supposed to be?
Zeus? Kratos as an old man?

Clearly Kratos as it has his signature tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"