The Official PS4 Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the controller works fine, it's something with the ps4. It used to charge my controller in rest mode and now it won't. My friend tried to pair his controller to my ps4 and it wouldn't do that either. I tried both USB ports and a different cable to charge it and it still won't work. The weird thing is my wireless headset which is plugged into the USB port works fine. It's very odd. This is the same controller I've had the full year I've had the machine, I didn't play my ps4 for a little over a month or so and when I started playing again it does this now
i'd contact sony although they got some horrible ass customer service

No the controller works fine, it's something with the ps4. It used to charge my controller in rest mode and now it won't. My friend tried to pair his controller to my ps4 and it wouldn't do that either. I tried both USB ports and a different cable to charge it and it still won't work. The weird thing is my wireless headset which is plugged into the USB port works fine. It's very odd. This is the same controller I've had the full year I've had the machine, I didn't play my ps4 for a little over a month or so and when I started playing again it does this now
Hmm, so this sounds like it could be risky since it sounds more like a system issue and I don't want you to have issues trying to re-pair your controller to your system but have you tried resetting the controller? The steps are here https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5121/

Proceed with caution if you choose to try resetting it. Maybe more information is needed :hmm

i'd contact sony although they got some horrible ass customer service

I remember when I got my original Playstation back in the day. I was used to giving my SNES and Gensis a good smacking when I lost (I was an angry child haha) and when I tried that with the ps I broke it of course. I called the Sony customer service and they asked if I kept it on carpet which I did so I said ya, shipped it off to them and they sent it back fixed. Problem with my ps4 is it's been over a year since I got so not sure if they would do anything about it

Hmm, so this sounds like it could be risky since it sounds more like a system issue and I don't want you to have issues trying to re-pair your controller to your system but have you tried resetting the controller? The steps are here https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5121/

Proceed with caution if you choose to try resetting it. Maybe more information is needed :hmm

I don't want to risk it, if I do that and it persist then I won't have any controller for gaming. I doubt it would work anyone because my buddy tried to pair his and it didn't work either. I can still charge it from my wall charger so it's not that big of a deal. Just sucks that if I get another controller it will be useless since I can't pair it

Sorry to hear about your PS4's issues. Been there.

Well I tell you, Persona 5 just became a killer app for me. I don't think I've been as hooked to a game as Persona 4 in years.

Eh, could be worse. If anything it's just a minor inconvenience. Much better than some of the other horror stories I've read

• Reader Discussion: Do You Use Remote Play With Your Vita?

reader discussion
    on Mar 29, 2015 at 01:32 PM
    ps4-icon.png

One of the coolest benefits of owning a Vita and a PlayStation 4 is the option to remote play games. Do you take advantage of it?
    ... More
source: GI

I always feel like I should be into Persona, but I could never really get into them when I've tried. I should try again.

it's a awesome games serise as soap soapy said so's devil surviver .

oh this article also fits here as well.

The PlayStation 4 Gets Samurai Warriors And Resident Evil Faceplates In Japan. March 30, 2015 . 3:13am

Sony have shared on their Japanese PlayStation Blog some of the latest PS4 faceplates, featuring the Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors series.

Following Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia’s recent Disgaea 5 faceplates, or PlayStation 4 hard drive covers, Sony shared on their official blog some of the latest with the Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors series.

In addition to the “Zombie version” shown on top, the Resident Evil series gets another pair with the “BSAA version”. They’ll both come in Jet Black and Glacier White colors.

As for the Samurai Warriors series, the faceplates feature popular characters in Yukimura Sanada and Mitsunari Ishida, and they also come in both black and white versions.

The Resident Evil and Samurai Warriors PlayStation 4 faceplates are currently available in the Japanese PlayStation Store for 2,000 yen each.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

I sort of lost my appetite for traditional turn-based RPGs at some point. I use to like them a good deal back in the PS1 and PS2 days, but nowadays, I don't know. I tried playing the demo of Bravely Default, and I just couldn't get into it.

The only one I ever got into was FFX, which surprised me bc I hated that type of gameplay prior

If they're driven by good stories, yeah. I don't really remember the Persona stories of the two I tried (P3 and P4), but that's probably more because it's been a long time (I tried their original PS2 versions, not the updated handheld ones).

If they're driven by good stories, yeah. I don't really remember the Persona stories of the two I tried (P3 and P4), but that's probably more because it's been a long time (I tried their original PS2 versions, not the updated handheld ones).
word. well it's up to the player to decide if the story is good or not, you know. but there's always that general consensus.

I already figured it was considering Sony got rid of their own music service in favor of fully supporting Spotify within their system

That does sound like a mechanical error. I had some disc issues with mine, but nothing like that. All Sony products have a year manufacture's warranty, so you should still be covered, provided you bought it from a licensed retailer, and have the receipt. I hope your local electronics store didn't do anything too obvious, because if they see that it's been tampered with they might say the warranty is voided.

Still, I would give Sony a call, and see what they say. Can't hurt.

Have you tried updating the machine?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've actually downloaded two updates since the issue started. I talked to with Sony Customer Support a few days ago, they suggested a few things but nothing worked. I sent in a request to have my PlayStation repaired. I should be getting the shipping box soon.

At this point, I am a little worried about anything the repair shop might have done to void my warranty. They told me that they were careful about that when I got the system back from them. But the guy may have just said that to make me feel better. So wish me luck!

my friend is getting me tlour. i wanted to get him minecraft but he's buying that himself.

Persona 4 has a lot of atmosphere. The setting, the music, the designs, etc. I mean really, you don't actually get in a fight for what seems like an hour. And you don't see a dungeon until two hours in. Considering that, it's amazing it kept me hooked. I don't know if many other RPG's could do that.

I found it refreshing how the American version seemed to fully embrace its Japanese-ness. Granted, I haven't played too many RPGs set in the real world, but I am rather used to seeing Americanized animes.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've actually downloaded two updates since the issue started. I talked to with Sony Customer Support a few days ago, they suggested a few things but nothing worked. I sent in a request to have my PlayStation repaired. I should be getting the shipping box soon.

At this point, I am a little worried about anything the repair shop might have done to void my warranty. They told me that they were careful about that when I got the system back from them. But the guy may have just said that to make me feel better. So wish me luck!

Hopefully it won't be noticeable. Keep in mind that Sony probably repairs thousands of PS4's every week, so they might not even care enough to check. Unless it's like something really obvious and problematic.

Hell, you might not even get your PS4 back.

my friend is getting me tlour. i wanted to get him minecraft but he's buying that himself.
I've been trying to get my brother to play The Last of Us since it came out on PS3, but he's always refuse. It's just not his type of game (he doesn't even really like Uncharted). Last week I finally got him to agree to play just the opening of The Last of Us on PS4. Three days later he finished the game and said that it was the best thing he's ever played, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"