The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe we have a chance of signing Bale this summer. Would it be a good signing? Well, only time will tell.

For the long term, probably not. Might light things up for a couple of seasons though and be good to watch if he can stay injury free. If you could got have got him a few years ago he would have been huge.

I feel like he doesn't want to be at the club.

He's not the only one, pretty much all our forwards are running themselves into the ground for low payoff and the natural attackers are having all their drive seeped away by Mourinho's negative tactics and his insufferable personality.

I actually believe we have a chance of signing Bale this summer. Would it be a good signing? Well, only time will tell.

There would be little point. We've got one of the best central midfielders in the world and one of the best creative forwards, a crocked winger at 28 isn't going to change our outlook much. We need to get a world class center back, two world class full backs and a assuming Herrera's time is over at the club a proper central midfielder to partner Pogba. Maybe once we have some quality in defense Mourinho will feel comfortable allowing our forwards and midfielders to attack instead of babysitting the center backs.

What's this new international league?

I have the same question?

The UEFA Nations League[1] is an international association football competition, to be contested by the senior men's national teams of the member associations of UEFA, the sport's European governing body. The first tournament is due to commence in September 2018, after the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and the winner will be decided in June 2019. The competition will largely replace international friendly matches currently played on the FIFA International Match Calendar.[2]

According to the approved format (prior to Kosovo becoming UEFA member),[1][7][8] the now 55 UEFA national teams (including Kosovo) will be divided into four divisions (called "Leagues"):[9][10] 12 teams in League A, 12 teams in League B, 15 teams in League C, and 16 teams in League D. In each division, four groups are formed (three or four teams in each group) and play each other both home and away.

In the top division League A, each winner of the four groups go on to play in the Nations League Finals, with two semi-finals and one final to decide which team becomes the UEFA Nations League champion.

Teams can also be promoted and relegated to a higher or lower division. Each group winner (there are four groups in each division) is automatically promoted to the next higher division for the next tournament. Each team placing last in its group is automatically relegated to the next lower division.

DUTdbvpW4AAPV4w.jpg

Well that sounds like an improvement on meaningless friendlies at least. Could be interesting.

For the long term, probably not. Might light things up for a couple of seasons though and be good to watch if he can stay injury free. If you could got have got him a few years ago he would have been huge.

He's not the only one, pretty much all our forwards are running themselves into the ground for low payoff and the natural attackers are having all their drive seeped away by Mourinho's negative tactics and his insufferable personality.

There would be little point. We've got one of the best central midfielders in the world and one of the best creative forwards, a crocked winger at 28 isn't going to change our outlook much. We need to get a world class center back, two world class full backs and a assuming Herrera's time is over at the club a proper central midfielder to partner Pogba. Maybe once we have some quality in defense Mourinho will feel comfortable allowing our forwards and midfielders to attack instead of babysitting the center backs.

Great post, lads.

Kind of negates his 'apologetic' demeanor after he spat on a teenager…Celebrities get an unfair amount of scrutiny considering they're just normal (and often dim) human beings, but he really should've let that one go.

Now the twit is associated with the two Aussies as well since they hung out at a pub together or whatever, not going to do his public image much good.

Palace 1-2 Liverpool

My mate predicted this score and the 5-0 last game.

United looking really sharp this afternoon, but Swansea are not doing themselves any favors.

Lukaku puts Utd 1 up.

Apparently Newcastle playing well so far. Need those 3 points. West Ham 2-0 up against Southampton which is good for us and that Palace result also reduces the pressure.

Newcastle up a goal through Perez :up:

So relieved to have won these last 2 games. The table looking very healthy right now after other results also went in our favour. 7 points off the drop with 7 to go.

So relieved to have won these last 2 games. The table looking very healthy right now after other results also went in our favour. 7 points off the drop with 7 to go.

Yeah I can imagine, the outlook is a lot brighter now. Just got to avoid some losses and hopefully pick up points against some of the teams around you :up:

Yeah I can imagine, the outlook is a lot brighter now. Just got to avoid some losses and hopefully pick up points against some of the teams around you :up:
Southampton don't look like they will be able to put us under that much pressure either. Not looking good for them.

Southampton don't look like they will be able to put us under that much pressure either. Not looking good for them.

Which is surprising, they looked so good for the last few seasons, it would be a huge blow for them to go down again.

Chelsea v Spurs today is a nice dramatic fixture though. If Chelsea are going to try and usurp Spurs in the CL spots they'll need a pretty emphatic victory today - can see them kicking lumps out of each other again.

Bland Arsenal again.... no way should it have been a 3-0 win.

Which is surprising, they looked so good for the last few seasons, it would be a huge blow for them to go down again.

Chelsea v Spurs today is a nice dramatic fixture though. If Chelsea are going to try and usurp Spurs in the CL spots they'll need a pretty emphatic victory today - can see them kicking lumps out of each other again.

If Spurs win top 4 for Chelsea will be pretty much over.

Yeah after all that good work they could end up relegated and not guaranteed of coming back quickly.

Good win today. Poor first half but good second. Some lovely goals. Hopefully this should see us secure top 4 now.

Good win today. Poor first half but good second. Some lovely goals. Hopefully this should see us secure top 4 now.

Yep. I think top 4 is safe now and well deserved.

Tottenham's win today has all but secured top 4 & CL football for Manchester United, Liverpool & Tottenham themselves I feel barring a spectacular collapse from one of them in addition to a flawless run for Chelsea till the end of the season which I just can't see happening.

Eriksen goal was an absolute screamer that redeemed Lloris for gifting such a feeble opener away to Morata. Pure class though from Eriksen.

Good win for United as well yesterday that at least means we don't have to give Manchester City a guard of honour in their own stadium.. but they can win it against us. It's a bit like choosing between which would you prefer, to be **** on ie having to give them a guard of honour or pissed on ie having them win it against you..

Good win for Newcastle as well Iceman :up:, should confirm their safety, I can't see Southampton or Stoke winning 3-4 games out of the last 7, which is what they would need to do in order to leapfrog your current points tally.

Tottenham's win today has all but secured top 4 & CL football for Manchester United, Liverpool & Tottenham themselves I feel barring a spectacular collapse from one of them in addition to a flawless run for Chelsea till the end of the season which I just can't see happening.

Eriksen goal was an absolute screamer that redeemed Lloris for gifting such a feeble opener away to Morata. Pure class though from Eriksen.

Good win for United as well yesterday that at least means we don't have to give Manchester City a guard of honour in their own stadium.. but they can win it against us. It's a bit like choosing between which would you prefer, to be **** on ie having to give them a guard of honour or pissed on ie having them win it against you..

Good win for Newcastle as well Iceman :up:, should confirm their safety, I can't see Southampton or Stoke winning 3-4 games out of the last 7, which is what they would need to do in order to leapfrog your current points tally.

I actually preferred dele's goal. Although not knocking eriksens.

Good weekend for several teams this weekend, United managed a decent display, we seemed to only be play well for 45 minutes at a time rather than a full 90 but it was at least something to lift the mood and Sanchez needed a MOTM performance along with Lukaku keeping up form and Pogba getting a game and also playing decent by all accounts. Gives us something going into next week but City are still better than us so already writing that off as a loss anyway, cant see them letting the chance of winning the title at home against us slip through their fingers.

The Spurs/Chelsea game was a cracker though, Spurs fully deserved their win and end their winless streak at the Bridge. The result certainly helps all of the teams in the top 4 now but Im not sure who has to play who yet so might not be cut and dry for everyone yet. Eriksen was a different class yesterday, stunning goal of the season contender and then some deft passing for the 3rd goal I think it was. Alli also on fire means Spurs really arent totally reliant on Kane and bodes well for them.

Juve Real tonight :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"