The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham's win today has all but secured top 4 & CL football for Manchester United, Liverpool & Tottenham themselves I feel barring a spectacular collapse from one of them in addition to a flawless run for Chelsea till the end of the season which I just can't see happening.

Eriksen goal was an absolute screamer that redeemed Lloris for gifting such a feeble opener away to Morata. Pure class though from Eriksen.

Good win for United as well yesterday that at least means we don't have to give Manchester City a guard of honour in their own stadium.. but they can win it against us. It's a bit like choosing between which would you prefer, to be **** on ie having to give them a guard of honour or pissed on ie having them win it against you..

Good win for Newcastle as well Iceman :up:, should confirm their safety, I can't see Southampton or Stoke winning 3-4 games out of the last 7, which is what they would need to do in order to leapfrog your current points tally.
Yeah I think top 4 is sealed now as I don't see Chelsea doing anything flawless and Spurs and Liverpool still have much better form than them.

Thanks! I finally feel safe for the first time, partly because I don't think Southampton will get enough points to put us under pressure. And even if they did there are many other teams who might slip up beneath us too.

Juve Real tonight :cool:

Yep should be a decent game and be interesting to see how Bayern deal with Sevilla, probably a darn sight better than we did. :sly:

Looking forward to it and the big one tomorrow as well, getting to the business end now, time to sort the men from the boys.

Yep should be a decent game and be interesting to see how Bayern deal with Sevilla, probably a darn sight better than we did. :sly:

Looking forward to it and the big one tomorrow as well, getting to the business end now, time to sort the men from the boys.

Yeah tomorrow will be interesting too with Barcelona Roma and Liverpool City. Kind of wish they had been drawn apart though. When 2 PL teams play it doesn't quite have the feel of a Euro tie to me.

Maybe but then we could have had four or five teams left in the Quarters so there could have been several #English matchups going into the quarters and semi's. Im sure the atmosphere will be ramped up for it anyway. Hard one to call that.

The man steps up yet again in a big match!

Maybe but then we could have had four or five teams left in the Quarters so there could have been several #English matchups going into the quarters and semi's. Im sure the atmosphere will be ramped up for it anyway. Hard one to call that.

Yeah, of course if there's no other option then it has to happen. But when only 2 teams left better to keep them apart IMO. Just keeps a continental flavour to as many games as possible.

Somehow still only 1-0 at HT. How Juve didnt score only they will know but then Madrid have hit the crossbar as well. Great stuff so far.

1-1 in the other game. Bayern with that away goal.

Yep, great tie. Juve need to get a goal next half or it's going to be difficult 2nd leg.

2-0 Ronaldo with an incredible moment. Juve fans standing up to appload, astounding!

Dybala red card. All going wrong for Juve here. That Ronaldo second has stunned them.

3-0 Marcelo. Juve done.

2-1 Bayern now as well. Seville not all that great then...

Ronaldo's second was such a good bicycle kick. He is the Champions League GOAT.

Cristiano Ronaldo. The one and only.
A goal for the ages.

DZ4rjiVX0AIBtp8.jpg:large

One of the best goals I’ve seen for a while, hands down.

Best Cristiano Ronaldo goal ever.

I dunno about that, his free kick against Arsenal in the CL and his long ranger against Porto also in the CL are pretty high up there. But as far as goals that look good for the camera this is probably his best.

Ronaldo is just too much. What a goal.

I dunno about that, his free kick against Arsenal in the CL and his long ranger against Porto also in the CL are pretty high up there. But as far as goals that look good for the camera this is probably his best.
Those 2 where definitely top notch as well. All of them are epic in their own way. This one in particular has a special flavor for me.

I'd still go with his one against Porto. I feel like he is the only player in history who could have scored that goal.
Not saying it wasn't an insane goal that one but plenty of other players have done similar long distance goals like that. And even better too.

[YT]2WwRNyZTwOM[/YT]

^Seedorf scored one very similar as well when he was at Real Madrid I believe it was

Those 2 where definitely top notch as well. All of them are epic in their own way. This one in particular has a special flavor for me.

Definitely, doing it in the quarters of the CL against a team like Juve and a keeper like Buffon is incredible. Undoubtedly going to be the goal of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"