The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still too high for his current level of play.

Watching the match, what pissed me off the most, is if Pogba had responded properly, he would have been banned for a year. But that little piece of **** decides he is going to do that to Pogba, and its fine. He is too small to actually hurt him. ********.

I'm amazed Pogba kept his cool and didn't respond - and then the rest of the West Ham yobs start chasing Pogba down like he's the culprit?

Troy Deeney got banned for more than three matches IIRC for something identical against Joe Allen - absolutely moronic decision. It's a rule that raising your hands at an opponent's face is a straight red - why even have the rule if it gets inconsistently applied :huh:

Others get sent off for the slightest thing when it comes to raising your hands. It really needs consistency.

Have to say this is the most boring season since 2007 (the first year I watched football).

Hope we (Man Utd) have a better season next year. I'm desperate to see a genuine winger in our team. Mata drifts centrally all the time and leaves the right flank completely vacant. The same for Sanchez. And with terrible overlapping from both Young and Valencia, our wing-play is virtually non-existant. Martial lacks the intensity of a winger (I see him as a Left Wide Forward, but honestly the way he plays resembles a Striker more than a Winger). Rashford is just meh.

Have to say till this point, Sanchez has been an absolutely pointless signing. We had no RW, while Martial was doing well on the left. Yet we bring in Sanchez. Martial was shifted to RW, played horribly and stayed on the bench since then. And based on Sanchez's performances until this point, he's no better than Martial. At least the French boy can stay wide and offer us width. Sanchez, on the other hand, keep dropping deep and cutting inside. Hence we have no one on the left wing (mind you Young also cut inside all the time. What kind of fecking fullback do that ? (Pep's fullbacks also cut inside but completely different to Young functionally, in a much better way)).

We also have no one on the right, since Mata drifting centrally all the time and Valencia is so hesitant to go forward.

Love to see Bernardo Silva or Mahrez here. Douglas Costa is also a great choice. But he's more of a LM anyway.

Last edited:
Martial isn't even on the bench. Lad's probably gone this summer.

Blind, Darmian both have a goodbye match.

Newcastle go 1 up against Chelsea. Are they really going to go for top 4 seriously today?

Martial isn't even on the bench. Lad's probably gone this summer.

Blind, Darmian both have a goodbye match.

Yeah we're in for another round of clear outs and another season of the squad trying to adapt to one another it seems...

Salah puts Liverpool 1 up against Brighton.

Spurs currently losing 2-1 at home to Leicester though.

Sanchez is abysmal. Keep dropping deep and drifting centrally all the time.

Turning into a field day and glorious last day of the season at the Toon. 3-0 now.

Nice result for you guys Ice :up:

Chelsea were actually in with a shout for a while there because Leicester gave Spurs a serious scare, ended up 5-4 to Spurs at the end - must have been an absolutely epic game to watch.

United with another seemingly tepid 1-0 victory, although I didn't watch so I could be wrong.

Thanks. Great way to go out. We just about scrape into the top 10.

Yeah the Spurs match sounds awesome lol. And Liverpool finished their last game 4-0 so the deserving 2 of the 3 clubs going through to the top 4 there. Also City finished on exactly 100 points.

Haha, definitely going to have to catch the highlights to that match yeah.

Really solid end for Liverpool as well yeah, especially as its leading up to their final against Real in the CL. Unfortunately seems like Milner sustained an injury, hopefully something he can recover from in time for the final.

Arsenal end Wenger's reign on a victory too, which is cool.

Definitely a massive gulf between City and the chasing pack, though - United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are going to have to invest heavily to mount a serious challenge next season.

Haha, definitely going to have to catch the highlights to that match yeah.

Really solid end for Liverpool as well yeah, especially as its leading up to their final against Real in the CL. Unfortunately seems like Milner sustained an injury, hopefully something he can recover from in time for the final.

Arsenal end Wenger's reign on a victory too, which is cool.

Definitely a massive gulf between City and the chasing pack, though - United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are going to have to invest heavily to mount a serious challenge next season.

Yeah, nice 2 last games for Wenger. I think even his biggest critics wouldn't really begrudge him that.

Really hope Liverpool now have the momentum to go for it against Real. They really have a chance with their forward line all firing.

Hopefully the league is closer next season but congrats to City this year for remarkable consistency.

Thank goodness the seasons over, feels like the last few weeks have dragged.

Looks like the cup final is going to be a battle of who can be the least incompetent rather than two top sides going at it but there you go, hardly going to change much for either team, both miles away from City now in the league but then who isnt.

CL final will probably be better, not really sure how to call that one, both teams have excelled in that without pulling up trees in their leagues, pretty similar sides both have one man who is head and shoulders above the rest.

Then the WC, not really exactly pumped for it at the moment, but I fear problems on and off the pitch in that one.

Hope everyones teams did ok, think most round here will be happy with Newcastle and Liverpool's seasons I guess. United fans I guess we will never be happy until we win another treble, right?

Looks like the cup final is going to be a battle of who can be the least incompetent rather than two top sides going at it but there you go, hardly going to change much for either team, both miles away from City now in the league but then who isnt.

CL final will probably be better, not really sure how to call that one, both teams have excelled in that without pulling up trees in their leagues, pretty similar sides both have one man who is head and shoulders above the rest.

Then the WC, not really exactly pumped for it at the moment, but I fear problems on and off the pitch in that one.

Hope everyones teams did ok, think most round here will be happy with Newcastle and Liverpool's seasons I guess. United fans I guess we will never be happy until we win another treble, right?

:hehe: All pretty much spot on - although I'm fine with just genuinely competing for the league for now, although I think we need to be setting our sights on Europe within the next two or three years. Unfortunately I feel like we're going to take two steps forward and two steps back in terms of transfers, since quite clearly the likes of Blind, Darmian, and Martial are moving on and we're going to get more Mourinho type players coming in. We'll have to see how the squad shapes up after the WC.

I'm strangely also very subdued about the WC - I'm sure I'll get into it when the time comes but just the fact that it's in Russia gives me some pause. Hopefully it ends up being an entertaining one on the pitch at least, but with so few genuinely strong sides I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I think the final could still be dramatic and fun with the teams reasonably evenly matched.

The CL final is setup for a really entertaining match though with both teams so attack-minded.

I think the World Cup excitement will turn on like a switch at some point. I'm just really hoping nothing terrible happens off the pitch.

I'm happy with our season, and particularly our finish. Really hope Rafa is given the funds he needs this summer to solidify our position in the top 10 and push on to top 7.

And Liverpool may be quite a lot better next season with the new recruits they have planned. A real title tilt could be possible as I think City will do well but not quite as well as this season.

Jesus Barcelona catching a savage beating off Levante, 5-2 in the 62nd minute. Unbeaten record this season out the window.

Seems like a great way for Salah to finish of the season at home (well ahead of the CL final lol). Gets the 38 game season PL scoring record, and player of the year to go with his golden boot in front of his home fans. Next season the quest to eventually succeed Messi and Ronaldo as World Player of the Year begins! I believe it can happen.

Jesus Barcelona catching a savage beating off Levante, 5-2 in the 62nd minute. Unbeaten record this season out the window.

Finished 5-4. What a way to lose it and in their last away game of the season.

Good bye Premier League.

It was great to begin with, but became a real slog towards the end.

You will all have to put up with Championship updates from me now :woot::woot:

Good bye Premier League.

It was great to begin with, but became a real slog towards the end.

You will all have to put up with Championship updates from me now :woot::woot:
Look forward to it mate. ;)

Time to rebuild and to be fair the Championship is a more exciting league in terms of any team being able to finish anywhere and everyone beating each other. Except Sunderland of course who just lost to everyone (couldn't resist :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"