The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like they're all happy with the money being paid in instalments.... but not able to agree what the splits are

Fulham are back in the PL! Dramatic 2-1 win over Brentford in the final.

Fulham are back in the PL! Dramatic 2-1 win over Brentford in the final.
Feel bad for Brentford, but I kind of associate Fulham with the Prem at this point, so nice to have them back.

Feel bad for Brentford, but I kind of associate Fulham with the Prem at this point, so nice to have them back.
Yeah I do too I guess. Brentford played amazingly every time until it really mattered, when automatic promotion was in their grasp after a great run of straight wins, and then in the playoff final.

eI8WNmk.jpg

Be glad when the 10th comes around and the Sancho thing is done... either way... just get it over with

Be glad when the 10th comes around and the Sancho thing is done... either way... just get it over with
Unlikely this is done by then. This could extended all the way to October.

That's the date that BVB have said is the cut off for them.... their pre-season camp either starts then or the day after and they want it solved by then

did they use the Furlough scheme?

Can anyone explain the Bale situation to me, like why did he fall out with Zidane? I just get dazzled by the talk of his wages

Gotta respect BVB if they stick to their guns and don't budge on that cutoff date. I mean I want Sancho as much as most other MU supporters but I always find it ridiculous when these transfer sagas drag out until the last day and a club ends up selling a major player that late. I get these deals take some time and talking to get it over the line but it should not take a month or two, let's be serious.

Gotta respect BVB if they stick to their guns and don't budge on that cutoff date. I mean I want Sancho as much as most other MU supporters but I always find it ridiculous when these transfer sagas drag out until the last day and a club ends up selling a major player that late. I get these deals take some time and talking to get it over the line but it should not take a month or two, let's be serious.
Whatever can be achieved on the last day can be achieved far earlier. I’ve always found it dumb.

Whatever United do, they will end up paying the same amount so we might as well not wait forever. But we suck so... yeah.

Whatever United do, they will end up paying the same amount so we might as well not wait forever. But we suck so... yeah.

Like Maguire waited a whole season & ended up paying £20m more for him than we would have the season prior under Jose or AWB took us the whole window to pay the fee the papers knew we'd been quoted at the end of the season or Fernandes waited 6 months to pay the same amount for him when again, we became desperate.

I like that they're apparently saying we won't be bullied into buying players completely on the selling teams terms & being extorted. However what I'd like them to do is set a deadline for the deal to be done & if it's not done by that date with both parties still remaining firm on their stance, then move onto the 2nd or 3rd choice. Shocking as this is to believe, Sancho isn't the only forward player that could improve us or give us a different dynamic than we currently have.

Pretty disgraceful IMO. Those being laid off are likely to be people people who keep the players & staff, cleaned, fed & well looked after probably earning minimum or slightly above minimum wage.

Say hypothetically those being laid off are on £50,000 a year.. now they're probably more than likely all on half that but lets say it is £50,000. That's just shy of £3m in a year.. Stan Kroenke is a literal billionaire worth £5b or so. You're trying to tell me he couldn't absorb those wages for at least 1 year just to avoid redundancies?

Like £3m is literally nothing to a club of Arsenal's size, I'd imagine the fact they're paying Ozil £300k a week & he's not had a kick since the restart is only making the situation even more infuriating.. although it's not his fault.

This shouldn't be down to the players to save the employees, not when you've an owner worth billions.

Pretty disgraceful IMO. Those being laid off are likely to be people people who keep the players & staff, cleaned, fed & well looked after probably earning minimum or slightly above minimum wage.

Say hypothetically those being laid off are on £50,000 a year.. now they're probably more than likely all on half that but lets say it is £50,000. That's just shy of £3m in a year.. Stan Kroenke is a literal billionaire worth £5b or so. You're trying to tell me he couldn't absorb those wages for at least 1 year just to avoid redundancies?

Like £3m is literally nothing to a club of Arsenal's size, I'd imagine the fact they're paying Ozil £300k a week & he's not had a kick since the restart is only making the situation even more infuriating.. although it's not his fault.

This shouldn't be down to the players to save the employees, not when you've an owner worth billions.

Not his fault, no. But was he the only Arsenal player to refuse to cut his wages during lockdown? Or was it Guendouzi also?

Not his fault, no. But was he the only Arsenal player to refuse to cut his wages during lockdown? Or was it Guendouzi also?
Do you think taking a pay cut would have saved these jobs? Because considering how Kroenke does business, I doubt it.

By the way, how in the hell did Maguire start today? What is Ole thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"