The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know much about him. Is he good enough to start for City or likely to be a squad player.

Could potentially be a starter I guess. As good of a team that City has, they don't really have a good partner to Laporte imo. Ake isn't any worse than Stones or Otamendi.

PiF takeover bid for Newcastle now abandoned. It was going on for so long that it’s not really a surprise. I hope that US guy is still interested.

Could potentially be a starter I guess. As good of a team that City has, they don't really have a good partner to Laporte imo. Ake isn't any worse than Stones or Otamendi.
They’ve really missed a dominant leader at the back like Kompany. Stones and Otamendi just aren’t that good.

PiF takeover bid for Newcastle now abandoned. It was going on for so long that it’s not really a surprise. I hope that US guy is still interested.
Maybe that is why they pulled out? I had read the other day the US bid was gaining some steam and maybe Ashley doesn't want to wait out something that might not happen?

I'm sorry Iceman. While I did not want to see this propaganda project from Saudi Arabia, you and your fellow fans deserve a fit and proper owner. Hopefully you do get one soon.

Maybe that is why they pulled out? I had read the other day the US bid was gaining some steam and maybe Ashley doesn't want to wait out something that might not happen?

I'm sorry Iceman. While I did not want to see this propaganda project from Saudi Arabia, you and your fellow fans deserve a fit and proper owner. Hopefully you do get one soon.
No, I think it’s because the PL were taking forever with their fit and proper person’s test. They should have at least been able to say no by now.

I don’t mind as long as someone buys Ashley out soon. Without Ashley I’ll be able to go back to supporting the team properly. Also btw I hear Ashley gets 17m despite the deal falling through. :dry:

No, I think it’s because the PL were taking forever with their fit and proper person’s test. They should have at least been able to say no by now.

I don’t mind as long as someone buys Ashley out soon. Without Ashley I’ll be able to go back to supporting the team properly. Also btw I hear Ashley gets 17m despite the deal falling through. :dry:
I know this wasn't Ashley's fault, but God does it feel like crap that he got to benefit from the fallout. You know he'd never invest it like he should.

Also how ridiculous is it that it probably was the PL rights issue that probably doomed the whole thing?

Fulham are through to the playoff final against Brentford after losing to Cardiff at home but going through in aggregate 3-2.

I don’t know much about him. Is he good enough to start for City or likely to be a squad player.
Wasn't good enough at Chelsea & at Bournemouth - They've shipped goals left right & centre for the last few years. Although saying that, he is a full Dutch international.
If I was Pep, I'd be looking to spend £40m elsewhere...

Ah sorry mate. :csad:

The playoffs must be a hard way to go out after a whole season of work. Especially as you were up from the first leg.

That first leg gave us false hope.
Over the course of the season, we were nowhere near good enough to go up, but nice to dream. Our squad is full of loans or expiring contracts. We've got a massive re-build job this summer just to remain competitive.

Sheff Wed handed 12 point deduction for next season.

Sheffield Wednesday given 12-point deduction for breaching EFL rules

Sheffield Wednesday: Owner Dejphon Chansiri buys Hillsborough to ensure club makes profit

The 2nd link is supposedly the main reason for the breach, it does note however that
Both Derby County and Aston Villa have also sold their stadiums to their owners, who in turn have leased them back to their respective clubs, in recent months to help meet the spending rules.

So there must be more to it otherwise it wouldn't make sense if Derby & Villa could get away with doing something similar. I can even remember years ago reading that the Glazers wanted to do the same thing with Old Trafford to offset their debt because they were struggling to pay it back quick enough.

Pulisic scores early for Chelsea to give them the lead in the cup final.

VAR.... what a load of ****

We were poor out there today. Injuries to two of our best players, Azpilicueta and Pulisic really didn't help.

And also, Anthony Taylor is absolutely useless.

Chelsea were extremely lucky to even have the opportunity to sub Azpilicueta because he should have been sent off for hauling Aubameyang to the ground for the penalty which really would have put Chelsea in a deep hole for the remainder of the game.

Aubameyang probably signs off with another gift to the club. Arsenal really are something else in the FA Cup. Even without being at their best the last few years they’ve still managed to add quite a few FA Cups.

I’ve got used to seeing matches without crowds and the fake noises, but it is a bit different when it comes to winning a trophy without people present. I guess it could be the same for the EL and CL.

Starting to see a lot of transfer related accounts I follow on Twitter say a deal for Sancho is imminent with Sky Sports & BBC also reporting that the 2 clubs are in the final stages of fleshing out the structure of a deal.

Yeah.. trustworthy people are saying that it's all but done.... Also, others are saying that we may have gotten rid of Sanchez at last

Oh nice. The double Sanch could be on! Getting Sancho in and Sanchez out could be an amazing combined transfer move for Utd's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"