The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Sancho was surplus to requirements? Rashford, Martial, Greenwood...

Well I guess its going to be Sancho, Rashford and Martial leading the line next season as things stand so lets hope Ten Hag can get more out of them. At least I have slightly more faith in him being able to than Ole but we shall see. Never a dull moment with us.

Well I guess its going to be Sancho, Rashford and Martial leading the line next season as things stand so lets hope Ten Hag can get more out of them. At least I have slightly more faith in him being able to than Ole but we shall see. Never a dull moment with us.
I'm curious how he deploys Bruno and VdB. They could be the biggest key to our front line working.

I'm curious how he deploys Bruno and VdB. They could be the biggest key to our front line working.

Yeah I assume VDB will get much more of a look in this season now, no talk of him going out on loan so guess he's going to get a lot more game time, another at least TH knows a lot about. Perhaps we will go without a traditional number 9, Im not sure I have seen enough of Ajax to know exactly how he played and set up with them.

Even before this transfer request business I wasn't really big on Ronaldo coming back for us. That's not to say he was terrible last year or anything but I wasn't really for bringing back an old Ronaldo when we should be looking towards the future.

Still crazy to think that IF Ronaldo goes, compared to last season's striker options we'll be down Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and probably Martial (feels very doubtful he will have a resurgence). Meanwhile many other big strikers have already sorted their future and I'm kinda curious, who can we realistically get that would get us excited?

Considering the market for strikers, I'd imagine United would want in return or enough money for one and I have difficulty seeing such a deal existing.

Even before this transfer request business I wasn't really big on Ronaldo coming back for us. That's not to say he was terrible last year or anything but I wasn't really for bringing back an old Ronaldo when we should be looking towards the future.

Still crazy to think that IF Ronaldo goes, compared to last season's striker options we'll be down Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and probably Martial (feels very doubtful he will have a resurgence). Meanwhile many other big strikers have already sorted their future and I'm kinda curious, who can we realistically get that would get us excited?

Goes to show what state we were in when a 36 year old Ronaldo was able to come in and clean up the top scorer and player of the season awards without too much competition and lets be honest this is him asking to leave us, not us kicking him out in our grand plan for a rebuild especially with no world class striker option lined up or even available really (maybe a 33 year old Lewondowski might be a panic buy now but seems unlikely and wouldnt really be any more of a long term vision).

Our options at the moment certainly dont look too threatening without a big turnaround in some players forms, who might get more minutes now, but can Ten Hag place much responsibility in the likes of Rashford and Martial who downed tools for the likes of Jose and Ole, hell of a risk in his first season, doesnt feel like this was part of the plan anyway.

Seems like Nunez was somebody we were in for but once Liverpool came in that was always going to be a more attractive prospect for him, especially when it looked like Ronaldo would still be here. Problems.

No one has criticized Ole more then Carragher. It was a part of his on going torment of Neville. :hehe:

I agree with his assessment. One dude scoring goals, does not a team make. They turned over the dressing room and style of play to make it work, for a 1-2 year guy. And the team got worse.
He also hampered the young players’ development IMO.

Heard reports that Serge Gnabry might be available this summer after repeatedly not signing a contract extension and Bayern having enough and wanting to make at least some cash. Too many clubs let their players leave on frees by dithering too much.

Chelsea also in advanced talks for Sterling. Seems like a lot going on today.

Christian Eriksen verbally agrees to join Manchester United

Also saw Kalvin Phillips has signed for 6 years with City.

Always loved Eriksen and he will be pretty popular in the Mata mould of model pro who will always give 100% and just be a good role model on and off the pitch. The only issue is now at 30 how much he has left in the tank for the Prem but as a free transfer and someone clearly Ten Hag wants then it could work out pretty well for a short while at least.

Be interesting to see how he fits in the team with the other options, will he start from the bench or go straight in the side its hard to tell at the moment.

I honestly feel ok with the Eriksen signing because I like him more than Mata/Pogba/Lingard. Doesn't cost a transfer fee, is PL proven, has experience and has quality. Also allows us to put our transfer budget (which seems fairly restricted) into other positions this summer.

Don't really see a negative with it unless he ends up terrible for us ofc.

Seems like he has good experience of the league. CL will be the big test though. Wonder where Poch goes next.

Doesnt seem like an obvious fit anywhere at the moment. Perhaps we will just hold on for the first couple months of the season and see who gets sacked first. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"