The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

At the same time.
TVs should really bring back picture in picture.
TTS_yk.gif

So after finally watching The Flash last night, I finally caught Aquaman 2 tonight. And similar to last night, AM2 wasn't the best CBM ever but it wasn't the worst either. Wans visuals were still a treat, and Momoa still brings a lot of fun to the character.

I liked the darker story line also, with the evil kingdom corrupted by greed and dark magic, it added a bit of stakes. Orm and Manta were the standouts though, and when they have a better arc than the main hero it kinda says something.

Also did Temura Morrison just not even try with his American accent this time? It was laughably non existent.

I did like how the movie ended though, with Atlantis coming out of the shadows. It would have been nice to see the pay off of that. An enjoyable movie overall, but you could tell Wans heart wasn't entirely in it like the first movie.

So after finally watching The Flash last night, I finally caught Aquaman 2 tonight. And similar to last night, AM2 wasn't the best CBM ever but it wasn't the worst either. Wans visuals were still a treat, and Momoa still brings a lot of fun to the character.

I liked the darker story line also, with the evil kingdom corrupted by greed and dark magic, it added a bit of stakes. Orm and Manta were the standouts though, and when they have a better arc than the main hero it kinda says something.

Also did Temura Morrison just not even try with his American accent this time? It was laughably non existent.

I did like how the movie ended though, with Atlantis coming out of the shadows. It would have been nice to see the pay off of that. An enjoyable movie overall, but you could tell Wans heart wasn't entirely in it like the first movie.
I'm so behind, just got too much stuff on at the moment. Still haven't seen Aquaman 2, Godzilla, Wonka, even Dune 2 which was supposed to be a day 1 must-watch. Actually when even was the last time I went to the cinema? :waa:

I'm so behind, just got too much stuff on at the moment. Still haven't seen Aquaman 2, Godzilla, Wonka, even Dune 2 which was supposed to be a day 1 must-watch. Actually when even was the last time I went to the cinema? :waa:
Not seeing Dune on the biggest screen possible is heartbreaking. :csad:

I told my brother this case he skipped Dune Part 1 cause he wasn't sure it would do well and Part 2 would not be made. But then it did and I told him many times he HAS to watch Part 2 in a theater, and he never caught up. Massive loss IMO

I told my brother this case he skipped Dune Part 1 cause he wasn't sure it would do well and Part 2 would not be made. But then it did and I told him many times he HAS to watch Part 2 in a theater, and he never caught up. Massive loss IMO
Hope he has a good home theater setup...

You have to at least manage to watch Dune in cinema somehow!
I would have given up many things to make this happen, wouldn't have minded even if it was the only film I saw this year, but unfortunately got a lot of bad news recently and have to see my folks on weekends while still time. Missing the others was a minor inconvenience but Dune 2 really is a shame. I was still very happy to hear that it totally lived up to expectations and read how much everyone enjoyed it in the thread. :up:

I would have given up many things to make this happen, wouldn't have minded even if it was the only film I saw this year, but unfortunately got a lot of bad news recently and have to see my folks on weekends while still time. Missing the others was a minor inconvenience but Dune 2 really is a shame. I was still very happy to hear that it totally lived up to expectations and read how much everyone enjoyed it in the thread. :up:
Sorry to hear that, Iceman. Hope you enjoy it as much as you expect to when you finally get to see it.

I'm sorry to hear. Obviously there are more important things than movies.

There's always a chance for re-releases before Dune Messiah/Part 3?
I just think bro is just not gonna end up watching them at this point, lol! Not unless I force him to whenever he would visit, but not sure when that will materialize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"