• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I blame the Matrix and the lack of imagination for those damn black leather suits. Never was a fan, although I must admit I did like that they did try to get creative with them in Days of Future Past.

45 too late for ho adventures? :waa::funny:

alfred-pennyworth-batman.gif

Blue Beetle was awesome and they easily incorporate it into the DCU with no issues.

I want this for Xolo so bad. It was an admirable movie.

Not superhero news but posting it here because I'm glad Nia Dacosta is going to bounce back after The Marvels. To be honest I figured she'd be okay because Marvel is such an enormous entity that apart from a few exceptions who experienced career boosts like Ryan Coogler, James Gunn or Taika Waititi, I think it's generally accepted that the director(s) of any given MCU movie is mostly just another cog in the machine for the most part regardless of the movie's success.

Not superhero news but posting it here because I'm glad Nia Dacosta is going to bounce back after The Marvels. To be honest I figured she'd be okay because Marvel is such an enormous entity that apart from a few exceptions who experienced career boosts like Ryan Coogler, James Gunn or Taika Waititi, I think it's generally accepted that the director(s) of any given MCU movie is mostly just another cog in the machine for the most part regardless of the movie's success.

You had one ****ing shot Gunn!

It wasn't a big success in theaters but it might have gotten more eyes on it through streaming. Gunn has said that Xolo's Blue Beetle will be incorporated into the DCU so at least it could have a soft reboot sequel with the same cast.
Yeah, was very happy to hear that Xolo was making it across to the DCU. Good point, hopefully more people liked the film and character from streaming.

It's funny because as much as I wanted to see the X-Men in more comic accurate outfits in the movies I still liked the black leather suits and I actually would have felt some nostalgia seeing Jackman in that again because unless I'm forgetting something, those suits haven't been seen since The Last Stand 18 years ago.

It wasn't a big success in theaters but it might have gotten more eyes on it through streaming. Gunn has said that Xolo's Blue Beetle will be incorporated into the DCU so at least it could have a soft reboot sequel with the same cast.

I would take Gunn's words with a massive grain of salt.

It's funny because as much as I wanted to see the X-Men in more comic accurate outfits in the movies I still liked the black leather suits and I actually would have felt some nostalgia seeing Jackman in that again because unless I'm forgetting something, those suits haven't been seen since The Last Stand 18 years ago.

People were too afraid of George Lopez spittin' those facts about Batman!

I am just glad 28 Days Later is getting sequels. Yeah, I have been whining about IP legacy sequels, but this is actually being spear headed by Boyle and Garland and toss in Nia in there, and this is one of the things coming I am most excited about! 28 Days Later is one of my favorite horror films.

I would take Gunn's words with a massive grain of salt.

He went out of his way to say lots of people aren't coming back and that certain people were coming back, Xolo being one of them. I think he already knew Beetle was in something, that thing being S2 of Peacemaker.

Not to be a broken record but I am sure Blue Beetle is planned to be in the Booster Gold show. That’s as much a given as Iron Fist and Luke Cage crossing over with each other imo.
It's the other BB who hangs out with Booster right?

It's the other BB who hangs out with Booster right?
Technically yeah, but Jaime and Ted are both in the more recent Blue and Gold comics, and Jaime is the Blue Beetle of this universe, so it will be him by default.

Peacemaker is Beetle's mentor in a run I read. But either would work.

Yeah but hey Andy Muschietti, here’s the new Batman franchise!
I don't blame Muschietti for how The Flash turned out and I still don't think he's a bad director. The first IT is a genuinely great horror movie and while Chapter Two is a significant step down, IMO there's still more good than bad about it.

OT: I strongly recommend Spaceman, starring Adam Sandler, on Netflix. It's the best work of his i've seen, it's a rather slow film about the meaning of connection, a lot of similarities to Moon and Europa Report.

So I finally watched “I Am Heath Ledger” tonight and while it’s rather superficial and lots of happy talk — it’s so earnest and the last 10 minutes recounting his death on January 2008 is wrenching.

Hearing about how he loved playing the character and how he loved working with Nolan, I have no doubt he would’ve played the Joker again in TDKR if he lived. And yes, he still would’ve won the Oscar.

Sony is wise to court Nia for 28 Years Later Part 2.

I haven't seen Candyman yet but everyone I know who has loved it, and I thought The Marvels was delightful :up:

View attachment 87252

I finally saw The Marvels on Wednesday while flying to a work conference. Not the best viewing experience, but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. Unlike Quantumania, the film has a bunch of standout scenes and I thought Nia DeCosta and the gals really did a bang up job.

I don't blame Muschietti for how The Flash turned out and I still don't think he's a bad director. The first IT is a genuinely great horror movie and while Chapter Two is a significant step down, IMO there's still more good than bad about it.
We are not risking Batman with this man!

1713061161491.gif

Why wouldn't you blame him? He's the one that spent most time working on that movie than anyone else on the planet. Not to mention, unlike the Ayer case or the Snyder case or the DeCosta case, there are absolutely zero reports, leaks, or crew testimonies of any kind to suggest that control got taken away from him at any point during production, or that he was forced to do very extensive reshoots, or that he was rushed, or anything of the sort. He also proudly boasted about how the cameos were his idea. The only scene that was ever reshot was the Clooney scene, which was brilliant.

Mamá was a dog**** movie too so I don't know why it's unbelievable to accept The Flash was bad because he's a bad director. He is a bad director.

I blame the Matrix and the lack of imagination for those damn black leather suits. Never was a fan, although I must admit I did like that they did try to get creative with them in Days of Future Past.

The only x-man who looked a little out of place with the leather suit was wolverine.
the rest weren't that far off their original costumes, i don't know what your griping about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"