The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Definitely not true, but if it were, I'm not sure why Raimi would even consider this or why he's so keen on doing another MCU film. There are so many other interesting things Raimi could be looking to do with his film career.
As a fan my biggest preference I want out of Raimi is for him to give us a couple more small budget, fun zany horror movies before he retires.

I'd take that over a CBM.

I want Raimi to make whatever he is creatively inspired to do. If he wants to do another MCU movie badly, then do that. If it's a small time indie film, do that
Go back to pre-1980s Hollywood, you commie! :o

The best praise I can give the Fallout show is that it feels as good as TLOU so far. I've got barely any time for watching stuff right now so it's good that Fallout and X-Men are making the limited time so worth it - if I was watching some of the weaker MCU shows right now I would have just stopped - they're fine when you have time but otherwise life isn't long enough for average entertainment.

The best praise I can give the Fallout show is that it feels as good as TLOU so far.
200.gif

I've only played a bit of Fallout 4, so idk if it's as faithful to the games as TLOU is, but if it is, then TLOU was just a better game, imo, because this ain't nearly as compelling or human a story for me.

It's kind of insane that he wanted out and they didn't have Kang kill him in the finale. Seriously, I wanna know what the thought process on Kang's fate was. "We're introducing the guy we plan to put over as the new Thanos, so clearly his first movie appearance needs to end with him being soundly and humiliatingly defeated without inflicting any sort of lasting damage on the heroes whatsoever. Audiences will definitely be invested in where his story goes next!"

200.gif

I've only played a bit of Fallout 4, so idk if it's as faithful to the games as TLOU is, but if it is, then TLOU was just a better game, imo, because this ain't nearly as compelling or human a story for me.

Well, my impression of TLOU is that it was made by a dude who wanted to make movies, not games.

Well, my impression of TLOU is that it was made by a dude who wanted to make movies, not games.
Well it resulted in both a great game and a great TV show, imo, that works amazingly well for people who never touched the game that I've watched it with.

As someone who's barely touched a Fallout game, that show isn't really working for me. It's ok, but it feels very try-hard with its style. Kinda like the Boys for me. It's very...Amazon-y, imo. Like it looks expensive and cheap at the same time, not unlike that LotR show. It lacks the....verisimilitude of most HBO productions like TLOU, which is a common issue I've had with Amazon genre shows.

Well it resulted in both a great game and a great TV show, imo, that works amazingly well for people who never touched the game that I've watched it with.

As someone who's barely touched a Fallout game, that show isn't really working for me. It's ok, but it feels very try-hard with its style. Kinda like the Boys for me. It's very...Amazon-y, imo.

I'm sure they are. Walking Dead absolutely burning me out on that type of genre and seeing Druckmann talk about it just wants me to keep far, far away.

I'm sure they are. Walking Dead absolutely burning me out on that type of genre and seeing Druckmann talk about it just wants me to keep far, far away.
Well I'll just say you're missing out. Craig Mazin's the magic ingredient on the show. After this and Chernobyl, I'll follow that man anywhere. And I f***ing hate the Walking Dead lol.

The animation looks nice, and I like the art style. Lore changes are a little weird for Megatron and Optimus.

200.gif

I've only seen 2 episodes of the Fallout show so far btw and haven't actually started Fallout 4, despite owning it since near release (same story for most of my single player collection :waa:). My experiences were with Fallout 3 which I regard highly and New Vegas (the one I really loved). TLOU (game and show) definitely have a much better human story, more so than nearly every other game, while Fallout is for me more of an exploration RPG where your character isn't that important and you can have a wide variety of experiences depending how you want to play it, so your comments are totally in line with what I'd expect. The human story of Fallout is not all that important to why it's a good game, same with Elder Scrolls, while it's crucial to TLOU.

I'm glad you enjoyed TLOU, an amazing translation of the game and finally put to bed the debate of whether great video game shows are possible, and Fallout is at least another positive on that after so many years of absolute duffers being served up and the genre being treated like it's worthless.

I've only seen 2 episodes of the Fallout show so far btw and haven't actually started Fallout 4, despite owning it since near release (same story for most of my single player collection :waa:). My experiences were with Fallout 3 which I regard highly and New Vegas (the one I really loved). TLOU (game and show) definitely have a much better human story, more so than nearly every other game, while Fallout is for me more of an exploration RPG where your character isn't that important and you can have a wide variety of experiences depending how you want to play it, so your comments are totally in line with what I'd expect. The human story of Fallout is not all that important to why it's a good game, same with Elder Scrolls, while it's crucial to TLOU.

I'm glad you enjoyed TLOU, an amazing translation of the game and finally put to bed the debate of whether great video game shows are possible, and Fallout is at least another positive on that after so many years of absolute duffers being served up and the genre being treated like it's worthless.
Gotta finish the show, it's sooo good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"