The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I don't remember the lore for anything I loved as a kid before superheroes. Except maybe Ghostbusters, but there wasn't much "lore" there lol. Transformers, Sonic, Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....I remember loving those to death, but if you quizzed me about the lore, I'd utterly fail.

There are some legit good seasons of PR, MMPR gets the most attention because of nostalgia and that it started the franchise (but it’s not great).

I think you would like later seasons, particularly RPM. I remember flipping channels in 2009 and stumbling upon the first two episodes of RPM on ABC Kids. And I was hooked— they managed to do serial storytelling in a kids show mostly known for repurposing Sentai footage.

Yo but for real, Time Force was actually really good. Granted it’s made for TV-Y7, but the writing for it was really mature and matched the sentai show it came from.
Plus girl leader is as progressive as this show got for the time. 🤭

For folks who are curious about RPM, it’s streaming on Pluto TV for free (along with 15 other PR series like In Space and Time Force). Check out the first two episodes to see if you like it.

I remember when I gave up at In Space because I was already getting tired with Turbo. Came back out of nostalgia and liked Ninja Storm, but that's it. 😆

I did end up reading up on the series, but too much for me to actually sit down and rewatch.
You missed out on some of the better seasons!

For Power Rangers, I stopped at Turbo.
I watched some of Zeo and then tapped out after the Turbo movie, which I didn't even watch in theaters because I was already mostly done with Power Rangers and had moved on to Star Wars at that time.

I've heard that In Space is fantastic, so maybe I should have stuck it out a little while longer.

I watched some of Zeo and then tapped out after the Turbo movie, which I didn't even watch in theaters because I was already mostly done with Power Rangers and had moved on to Star Wars at that time.

I've heard that In Space is fantastic, so maybe I should have stuck it out a little while longer.
So you know the big bad on the Turbo movie that Divatox wanted to marry for ultimate power or whatever... Yeah he's also the bad guy in that one with a different name and can talk. Also somehow King Mondo from Zeo is still alive despite it ending wth him getting killed by the Rangers.

Also, it is always fun to see which actors from the Disney seasons have been able to jump over the american stuff. I think RPM may have the most who have.

This year is the 40th Anniversary of Transformers so Hasbro is doing everything they can to promote the franchise. Right down to a theatrical release of the original G1 series first four episodes being released in theaters as a film

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"