The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I think they could've easily pulled off something between the Comic accurate suits and the Black Leather nonsense we got

Muted Brown with Gold accents for Logan, Dark Blue for Scott, Ororo's was close enough so no change needed there except to add a tiara, maybe a foresty green for Jean

They could've pulled it off without it being cartoony, they just lacked the creativity
Yeah they definitely could have, just saying I won’t blame them, at least for X1. Even after X1 the costumes never got good, but wasn’t particularly expecting that from someone as conservative as Singer.

Now I can’t unsee it.

View attachment 88936

But we’ve all been where Loki was. :o
Somewhat related to keep the mood spicy, let's not forget that Spider-Man 3 came back to theaters today.

200w.gif

It's kinda nuts how beloved it is these days because when it came out at best people were lukewarm to it and at worst they hated it. I guess that's the power of Gen Z adults who grew up loving it.

I remember back when everyone thought it was a disappointment (I was mad when Topher Venom didn’t refer to himself as ‘We’), but after rewatching it and comparing it to the dumpster fire that was TASM2, I’m like was it reeeeeeeaaaally that bad?

Besides, it had Kirsten Dunst singing, gotta appreciate that. LOL.

I remember back when everyone thought it was a disappointment (I was mad when Topher Venom didn’t refer to himself as ‘We’), but after rewatching it and comparing it to the dumpster fire that was TASM2, I’m like was it reeeeeeeaaaally that bad?

Besides, it had Kirsten Dunst singing, gotta appreciate that. LOL.
While I do think it could have been better especially after how great the second movie was, it also could have been a lot worse and isn't one of the worst CBMs ever made like some make it out to be. There's plenty of cheesiness in it but that was also true for the first two Raimi movies, there was just more of it in 3. It's not as good as the first two but it's still a fun movie.

Yes it absolutely was.

While I do think it could have been better especially after how great the second movie was, it also could have been a lot worse and isn't one of the worst CBMs ever made like some make it out to be. There's plenty of cheesiness in it but that was also true for the first two Raimi movies, there was just more of it in 3. It's not as good as the first two but it's still a fun movie.

Absolutely.

If Venom was the only antagonist and if Raimi’s heart was into the character, he could’ve been a terrifying villain. I’m still surprised Raimi wasn’t into Venom like that, I would’ve thought the character would’ve been in his horror wheelhouse.

But definitely, it was a fun movie regardless.

Yes it absolutely was.

But Flick it was more engaging than TASM1. That movie wished it had a modicum of SM3’s excitement. :o

Absolutely.

If Venom was the only antagonist and if Raimi’s heart was into the character, he could’ve been a terrifying villain. I’m still surprised Raimi wasn’t into Venom like that, I would’ve thought the character would’ve been in his horror wheelhouse.

But definitely, it was a fun movie regardless.

But Flick it was more engaging than TASM1. That movie wished it had a modicum of SM3’s excitement. :o
Raimi likes his sympathetic villains. Venom I guess would be hard unless he pushed the Eddie is a dark mirror of Peter angle. But then he had him pray he would die in a church and that was a no go. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"