The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Right now, I am up to Season 2 Episode 9 of X-Men: TAS as I have seen most episodes, but not all of them as a kid! So some I’ve seen for the first time.

Just finished the time travel episodes with Cable and Bishop.

The playground fight in Daredevil is cringe and makes me want to turn it off

I’m currently watching X-men: TAS Season four’s Beyond Good and Evil part one of four .

He is absolutely right you couldn't make Alien today. An exec would demand it set up 100 spinoff films and a cinematic universe. It also starts off very atmospherically. Very 2001 esque. They'd demand that be shortened too. It also would be a bunch of CGI crap and look fake as hell. It's a good thing it was made in the 70s where Scott was allowed to make a timeless classic

Right now, I am up to Season 2 Episode 9 of X-Men: TAS as I have seen most episodes, but not all of them as a kid! So some I’ve seen for the first time.

Just finished the time travel episodes with Cable and Bishop.
I’m glad if it gets more people into the original series or the comics (not likely I know).

For old series I love catching up as being younger (and more disorganised) at the time they released, I wouldn’t have seen every episode.

He is absolutely right you couldn't make Alien today. An exec would demand it set up 100 spinoff films and a cinematic universe. It also starts off very atmospherically. Very 2001 esque. They'd demand that be shortened too. It also would be a bunch of CGI crap and look fake as hell. It's a good thing it was made in the 70s where Scott was allowed to make a timeless classic
Alien 1 is a part of cinematic history for starting the path towards the much-heralded Alien Vs Predator series, so it very much achieved the goals of the average clueless 2010s/20s movie exec.

Alien 1 is a part of cinematic history for starting the path towards the much-heralded Alien Vs Predator series, so it very much achieved the goals of the average clueless 2010s/20s movie exec.
But that happened more or less organically. Studio execs today are clueless as to why things are popular and try to force the 500 spinoffa into existence before they even know what they have in the 1st place

I kind of agree to some degree but what’s your take on this topic? Do we need live action adaptions anymore? Maybe animation is the way to go for comic book adaptations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"