The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Whats everyone's most anticipated movie this summer?

Strangely enough......I think I'm most curious about Kevin Costner's 2 part Western epic. Does that make me weird? :funny:
That's my most anticipated as well. :yay:

And then Furiosa.

I'd be completely fine with Esposito taking over as Kang. Anything's better than ditching the character entirely after that Quantumania post credits scene. They made that bed, now they gotta sleep in it.

It would be hokey, but there's still a way I would spin it as to where Kang screwing around with the multiverse and the ending of Loki Season 2, forces the Beyonder to step in to clean the mess up. It would all lead up to Secret Wars where he brings all the heroes and variant heroes to Battleworld for a big clash or else their realities will be destroyed.

It would be hokey, but there's still a way I would spin it as to where Kang screwing around with the multiverse and the ending of Loki Season 2, forces the Beyonder to step in to clean the mess up. It would all lead up to Secret Wars where he brings all the heroes and variant heroes to Battleworld for a big clash or else their realities will be destroyed.
Whichever way they decide to do it, I'd just rather they not leave Kang in the dust all because of Majors.

I think your simplest explanation is Kang didn't die at end of Quantumania and he got sucked into some kind of multiverse crap and he was there for many years, hence the aging, and now he is more powerful than ever. That's how I would write it

Strangely enough......I think I'm most curious about Kevin Costner's 2 part Western epic. Does that make me weird? :funny:

Costner's Horizon is definitely on my list as well. Deadpool & Wolverine I'm interested in, but I don't know about genuine excitement. I want to see all the X-Men stuff, that's for sure. Furiosa is very high on my list, and I'm glad it's finally coming. The Bikeriders is up there as well. Alien: Romulus looks very promising, can't wait for that one.

Oh, and Twisters! I'm not even a megafan of the original film, but Lee Isaac Chung is a remarkable director, and I'm excited to see what he does with the material.

I liked Dial of Destiny, but there just isn't a big enough market for Old Indy. The film did make money. It did $380 million. So there was some interest. But you cannot spend $300 million+ on a film like that and need a billion to make a profit. It was way too expensive.

Yeah but life sucks and then you die was never what I went to Indiana Jones for. Mad Max? Sure. Maybe even Highlander? Sure. Indiana Jones? Not a good idea to make a movie about growing old and dying when you're trying to sell action figures and players to children. No child wants to be like "No Helena, I just want to stay and feel the sweet release of death wash over me" with their figures lol
Personally I loved that we got to grow old with Indy. Life changes as you age and I am glad the movie addresses that because it felt real and relatable. Yet Indy still got to go on one last adventure, kick a bit of ass and witness in person a great historical event that it turns out he is actually part of.

He then got to go home and re-unite with the love of his life and live out the rest of his days happy. Sure he had some help with that, but Indy has always needed help to succeed.

I didn't see it in theaters (life got in the way) but we watched it at home and man, that's one of my favorite movies I've seen in a while. I have nitpicks but overall, great closure for a character I've loved since before I could even remember.

Same. I saw it in theatres, loved it there and loved it at home as well.

I am equally curious about that. Simply because it's so rare to see something like anymore, and somewhat interesting.

As for as actual anticipation/excitement? MaxXxine, Longlegs, and Furiosa for me.

Of the summer? Furiosa. Of the year? Nosferatu. Now that Dune is behind us, anyway. Sadly, Furiosa is also currently the ONLY summer movie I have any hype for.

The summer is pretty dry for blockbusters for me, but at least there's Furiosa. Looking forward to Inside Out, Hit Man, Cuckoo, and I Saw the TV Glow too, but blockbuster-wise, this is a quiet summer.

Its sad. I should be excited about Deadpool 3, but turning it into multiversal cameo hour soured me on it real, real quick.

New The Boys trailer is out if you are into that kind of thing. And as usual, the language is the part I am least concerned about posting on these forums....

That is going to be one rough farm visit.

For me with big blockbusters, I'm looking forward to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa, Alien: Romulus, A Quiet Place Day One, and Deadpool & Wolverine.

But everything else I'm kinda looking forward to more like:

MaXXXine
The Watchers
Trap
Kinds of Kindness
Hit Man
Longlegs
I Saw the TV Glow
Cuckoo
The Bikeriders

I keep seeing these takes on Twitter, so I ask, Who’s on your comic book supervillain Mount Rushmore?

For me it’s Magneto, Lex, Joker and Dark Phoenix.

Comics: Joker, Norman Osborn, Frieza, and Black Beard/Kurohige from One Piece

Movies: Darth Vader, Heath Ledger's Joker, Killmonger, Michael Fassbender Magneto

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"