The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I am working so no free comics for me :o

Alien: Romulus is a movie one would think I was hyped for cause Alien and Aliens are 2 of my favorite films ever. But the Alien series has been meh to garbage basically since Alien 3. So I won't care about Romulus unless reviews and such are good. Prometheus had amazing trailers and was crap. So yeah, that's one that has prove it's worth watching to me

Its sad. I should be excited about Deadpool 3, but turning it into multiversal cameo hour soured me on it real, real quick.
I'm looking forward to it (Jackman in that costume alone is enough to do it for, sad to say) but yeah I'm all filled up on multiversal stuff. No Way Home scratched that itch just fine. Hopefully it will be more than just a fun two-hander with a ton of cameos but my expectations aren't that high.

For me with big blockbusters, I'm looking forward to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Furiosa, Alien: Romulus, A Quiet Place Day One, and Deadpool & Wolverine.

But everything else I'm kinda looking forward to more like:

MaXXXine
The Watchers
Trap
Kinds of Kindness
Hit Man
Longlegs
I Saw the TV Glow
Cuckoo
The Bikeriders
For me it's probably

Alien Romulus
Furiosa
Deadpool & Wolverine
Kingdom of The Planet of The Apes
MaXXXine
Hit Man
Bad Boys Ride or Die

What does it even mean for a movie to be the opposite of Barbie?

According to him, he wanted to make a movie that Kellogg’s would never show to advertise their products. But I mean, that makes me think he didn’t even see Barbie because that movie took a lot of jabs at Mattel and the concept of Barbie dolls in general.

Speaking of happy meals, Unfrosted looks like one of the worst movies of the decade.

I'm a little bit excited by how bad this looks. Jerry Seinfeld and Amy Schumer? Talk about a topical cast. There's a song in the movie by Meghan Trainor and Jimmy Fallon. This was the first project Hugh Grant sent an audition tape for in 30 years. It sounds like an absolute trainwreck, I might just have to watch it immediately.

Okay...I never saw that trailer before. But now that I have....I honestly am much more excited to watch that than Twisters or most of the blockbusters this year. Don't get me wrong, this looks awful. Like...dreadfully awful. But I may have some fun laughing at how bad it is. It at least doesn't look boring

I'm actually somewhat happy that this summer is more tame on blockbusters. I think the industry needs a bit of a break and reset from constant superhero movies and blockbusters in general. Blockbusters arent special when you get them every single week. Remember when we were all younger and the summer time had those one or two MUST SEE movie events that blew up the box office? I feel like thats how it should be.

Ugh, at 37 years old, I've officially entered the "back in the good old days" phase of my life :funny:

I know they say he’s playing an original character, but someone posted this on Twitter and I can’t unsee it:

View attachment 89305

Giancarlo would kill it as Norman, but too bad it’s already been done.
I'd still prefer that to him playing a completely original character and I hope that's just a red herring. There are still plenty of established characters left to populate the MCU, why do we need another new one?

I'm actually somewhat happy that this summer is more tame on blockbusters. I think the industry needs a bit of a break and reset from constant superhero movies and blockbusters in general. Blockbusters arent special when you get them every single week. Remember when we were all younger and the summer time had those one or two MUST SEE movie events that blew up the box office? I feel like thats how it should be.

Ugh, at 37 years old, I've officially entered the "back in the good old days" phase of my life :funny:
But it's not really light on blockbusters. It's just light on one's that look and sound interesting. There is a big difference. It isn't like they're filling a blockbuster void with smaller and more interesting movies. They're just releasing a bunch of uninteresting blockbusters that will mostly flop

According to him, he wanted to make a movie that Kellogg’s would never show to advertise their products. But I mean, that makes me think he didn’t even see Barbie because that movie took a lot of jabs at Mattel and the concept of Barbie dolls in general.
To be fair, though, success of the Barbie film unsurprisingly had a huge boost in Mattel products. And most people I've seen, after watching the film, they pretty much celebrated the Barbie culture that was on the surface despite the crystal clear messages against it. It's one thing what a movie tries to do and another how it's perceived by audiences when it has such a massive appeal.

Re: most anticipated projects of 2024,

If I were still going to theaters it would probably be Dune 2, Romulus, Apes, and Furiosa.

Since I'm reliant on streaming until the kids are older, it was/is:
Sweet Tooth season 3
Rebel Moon
The Empress season 2
The Witcher season 4
Stranger Things season 5
Cobra Kai season 6
Squid Game season 2

Surprisingly, the Accolyte looks good.

But sometimes the original projects catch me by surprise and leave me moved, for example Spaceman, and I'm happy my girls got Unicorn Academy.

Last edited:
I'd still prefer that to him playing a completely original character and I hope that's just a red herring. There are still plenty of established characters left to populate the MCU, why do we need another new one?
Agree. Get all the important Marvel characters done right first before trying to add characters that don’t exist. Even do the smaller characters ahead of that to pay off lifelong fans and reward reading those random issues where a little-known character appeared.

The only reason I mind it slightly less in Marvel compared to for eg fantasy novels that don’t have ongoing content is that characters introduced in films can then be translated back to comics/animation/games going forward as Marvel has a mass media ongoing product.

Agree. Get all the important Marvel characters done right first before trying to add characters that don’t exist. Even do the smaller characters ahead of that to pay off lifelong fans and reward reading those random issues where a little-known character appeared.

The only reason I mind it slightly less in Marvel compared to for eg fantasy novels that don’t have ongoing content is that characters introduced in films can then be translated back to comics/animation/games going forward as Marvel has a mass media ongoing product.
My thing is there's nothing wrong with introducing a new side character in the movies every once in a while (Coulson, Darcy, Luis, etc.) but when you have someone like Giancarlo Esposito he'd be much better suited to play an established heavy hitter like Galactus, Norman Osborn or one of the various X-Men characters.

And speaking of X-Men, I just watched episode 5 of '97...

Bad-Boys-2.gif

This show is pretty damn awesome in general, but that was one of the best episodes of Marvel TV I've seen yet.

My thing is there's nothing wrong with introducing a new side character in the movies every once in a while (Coulson, Darcy, Luis, etc.) but when you have someone like Giancarlo Esposito he'd be much better suited to play an established heavy hitter like Galactus, Norman Osborn or one of the various X-Men characters.

Bad-Boys-2.gif

This show is pretty damn awesome in general, but that was one of the best episodes of Marvel TV I've seen yet.
Good point. It would be painful if we get an awesome performance from Giancarlo as a made-for-film character and then a poor translation with one of Prof X/Magneto/Norman, especially as he seemed to be very keen to take on Xavier.

Yep, one of the best episodes of Marvel TV and the whole season is one of the best seasons.

Bad-Boys-2.gif

Except for the ending. :waa:

Bad-Boys-2.gif

Check you out getting all caught up.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"