• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

They're already cashing in on these mascot horror games like Five Nights at Freddy's and Poppy Playtime. Sonic, Pokémon, Mario, Zelda are at least staples in gaming. Fallout, Last of Us, and Halo have their shows. I can see why this trend is happening. I personally can't wait to see a Metroid movie.

How can a Metroid movie avoid being an Alien movie?

Capcom's got a goldmine of stuff that could make killer adaptations if done right. Street Fighter, Megaman, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil... even something like Dead Rising could be fun.

Literally all of these could make for great movies if done right.

And that's just Capcom. Not mentioning the likes of Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Armoured Core, Soul Calibur, Bayonetta, Legacy of Kain, any number of Final Fantasy games, DOOM and many, many more.

Honestly I think that Mortal Kombat 1 and 3, Mario, Sonic, Resident Evil were perfectly fine movies. Id rather watch those than say Iron Man 2 or Amazing Spider Man 2 or Rise of Skywalker.

Literally all of these could make for great movies if done right.

And that's just Capcom. Not mentioning the likes of Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Armoured Core, Soul Calibur, Bayonetta, Legacy of Kain, any number of Final Fantasy games, DOOM and many, many more.

I recently replaced Final Fantasy IV and VI, which admittedly would not be among the choices for an adaptation, and I can't see them in movie form. They might work as TV series.

You guys are all missing the big picture.

Street Fighter and its expansive lore is right there.
View attachment 90016

Mortal Kombat is a real film franchise waiting to happen, but WB can't see the forest for the trees with what they have.
If they got my fighting games right (they have all the coolest characters :D), I might forgive some of the clown shows that have been served up when translating many of my favourite games.

There is only one FF game that deserves adaptation....

CHAOS!!!!!

There were Final Fantasy games before VII?

the-more-you-know.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"