• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

rRf49lM.gif

I think scoopers are trash, so I say put them all out of business. Right now we have an atmosphere of misinformation and it is a major societal problem. And yes, this mostly applies to the people who make crap up and know they're making crap up and just do it for cheap clicks and self gain, but these people scooping this stuff are not doing so altruistically either. We need a return to actual journalism. Where people report things based on research, real sources, and good information. Not a system that actively rewards the opposite and any moron can do from their couch.

I think scoopers are trash, so I say put them all out of business. Right now we have an atmosphere of misinformation and it is a major societal problem. And yes, this mostly applies to the people who make crap up and know they're making crap up and just do it for cheap clicks and self gain, but these people scooping this stuff are not doing so altruistically either. We need a return to actual journalism. Where people report things based on research, real sources, and good information. Not a system that actively rewards the opposite and any moron can do from their couch.

I presume they're not going after clowns like Mike Zeroh.

Disney's long term preference is almost certainly a media landscape dominated by groverlers and social climbers who just want "access", definitely not "real journalism".

I expect this to work in the short term but not in the long term, as social media will gradually grow international.

I presume they're not going after clowns like Mike Zeroh.

Disney's long term preference is almost certainly a media landscape dominated by groverlers and social climbers who just want "access", definitely not "real journalism".

I expect this to work in the short term but not in the long term, as social media will gradually grow international.
I am not talking about what Disney wants or whatever, I am talking about change that is needed at a societal level. Right now journalism doesn't exist. In its place is a system that rewards stories and clicks, not one by quality of research or accuracy. The populace of the world has never been so simultaneously able to get information but also told so many lies. Something about how we operate needs to change. I don't care about what Disney wants or these scoopers who sit at their computer and make crap up want. I care about the free flow of ACCURATE information. Which currently in the social media age, hasn't been figured out yet. On here, we are just talking bad information on movies casting and such. Minor problems. But there is real harm being done all over the world cause of the free flow of misinformation. It's a major issue

Sorry if I got too real in this thread just now, but this is an issue that's bothered me for years. I have been blocked on FB so many times for calling out people spreading obvious lies and I throw shade whenever casting rumors get posted anymore cause I feel like this needs combatted.

Tyrese is gonna be waiting for that call like Seymour from Futurama. :weeping:

d9dddfc7bdfac015bbc04a0b4956dfc7.gif
Why did you have to post this? I have marathoned Futurama several times in my life, and I always skip this one. I just cannot watch this. It just hits me too hard and this gif alone is giving me PTSD from this episode!

I hate you right now :o

Why did you have to post this? I have marathoned Futurama several times in my life, and I always skip this one. I just cannot watch this. It just hits me too hard and this gif alone is giving me PTSD from this episode!

That episode will make the hardest of people cry.

c7e68d7b-5f4b-49ce-a7a8-69842808120a_text.gif

I am not talking about what Disney wants or whatever,
I am not talking about what Disney wants or whatever, I am talking about change that is needed at a societal level. Right now journalism doesn't exist. In its place is a system that rewards stories and clicks, not one by quality of research or accuracy. The populace of the world has never been so simultaneously able to get information but also told so many lies. Something about how we operate needs to change. I don't care about what Disney wants or these scoopers who sit at their computer and make crap up want. I care about the free flow of ACCURATE information. Which currently in the social media age, hasn't been figured out yet. On here, we are just talking bad information on movies casting and such. Minor problems. But there is real harm being done all over the world cause of the free flow of misinformation. It's a major issue

Sorry if I got too real in this thread just now, but this is an issue that's bothered me for years. I have been blocked on FB so many times for calling out people spreading obvious lies and I throw shade whenever casting rumors get posted anymore cause I feel like this needs combatted.

Ok thank you for elaborating. I understand your point !

Don't worry they have like 2 or 3 episodes post-first cancellation that ruin it. 😜

I found season one of this show to be pretty boring, but I guess that's more evidence of my tastes being bad and/or iconoclastic. Perhaps I was just in a bad mood at the time ... I don't remember lol.

Screenshot_20240511-183834.png

This doesnt have anything to do with anything but I decided out the blue to watch Arcane finally and WOW, the show lives up to the hype. easily one of the best animated series ever made. It took me a couple episodes to get into the world, lore and characters but once I became invested it was a wild ride.

I'm now on an animation kick and need more good stuff to watch!

We’ve been over this. It ain’t shiny armor, which makes the base concept completely different. I’m sure she referenced it because it has a collar + trunks, aka, the only similarity. So I’ll give her the point, but it still wasn’t remotely spot on.

Guys hear me out.

The unreleased Fantastic Four movie is still the best one.
maxresdefault.jpg
I just spent part of this boring, cold ass Saturday rewatching this movie for maybe the third time ever. Yes it's low budget, yes it's very 90s b-movie, but it really does have a lot of heart and charm. They're also the only ones that completely nailed live action Doom.

Now I have a mind to look at the Generation X movie from Fox lol.

Tyrese is gonna be waiting for that call like Seymour from Futurama. :weeping:

d9dddfc7bdfac015bbc04a0b4956dfc7.gif

I don't even know the story and I'm not even an animal person, and even this broke my heart for 30 seconds.

Guys hear me out.

The unreleased Fantastic Four movie is still the best one.
View attachment 90158
I just spent part of this boring, cold ass Saturday rewatching this movie for maybe the third time ever. Yes it's low budget, yes it's very 90s b-movie, but it really does have a lot of heart and charm. They're also the only ones that completely nailed live action Doom.

Now I have a mind to look at the Generation X movie from Fox lol.

I don't even know the story and I'm not even an animal person, and even this broke my heart for 30 seconds.
The 90s FF movie IS good. You just have to remember it's budget limitations. But for low budget superhero film, it's a very solid effort and the people making it clearly cared and were trying. Which makes it more fun

The 90s FF movie IS good. You just have to remember it's budget limitations. But for low budget superhero film, it's a very solid effort and the people making it clearly cared and were trying. Which makes it more fun

And for its budget and the time period it was in, I thought they did an admirable job with the look for the Thing. Looked like he did in the comics more than Michael Chiklis did.

1994 F4 is indeed the best Fantastic Four movie, hands down. They had no money but you can tell everyone involved cared and WANTED to make a good F4 movie and did the best they could with the pennies they had. God, if only Corman could've just thrown 'em a couple million bucks extra, they probably could have made a pretty solid movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"