The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

7d38e2459dc753788f69aa22a04a07d5d34626c1.gif

7ce4006310e047e8d8175f311b38b448ce49264e.gif

We already have a short preview for What If season 3 so that's not surprising. I still haven't finished season 2. I watched first 3 and haven't gone back

There was Robbie, and... uh... Well, Robbie was cool at least.
After loving the hell out of X-Men 97 I am cautiously optimistic for the new Spider-Man cartoon. Hopefully it delivers too.

I never want or need to see young Peter Parker stories again but Ditko era Spidey is my favourite so that's Something!

Really hoping we get some good Kent family moments in the film.

I wonder to what extent Gunn is reviewing the critiques to Superman Returns and Man of Steel, as opposed to just following his instincts. Hopefully it's the latter.

There was Robbie, and... uh... Well, Robbie was cool at least.
After loving the hell out of X-Men 97 I am cautiously optimistic for the new Spider-Man cartoon. Hopefully it delivers too.

I never want or need to see young Peter Parker stories again but Ditko era Spidey is my favourite so that's Something!
Honestly, after Tobey and Tom I would very much appreciate more of that under a capable creator with more freedom since it sometimes feels like we haven't seen much of that at all.

As for Fantastic Four, I'm still curious if Marvel is gonna flinch or hold on to that July 25 release date. Something is telling me that Superman Legacy is gonna be huge. Like, steamroll everything in its path huge. I have nothing to base this assumption on, just fan intuition...

View attachment 90755

I honestly don’t know if Superman will be the 2025 summer tent pole that blows everyone out of the water. WBD will obviously hitch a lot of their marketing on Gunn’s MCU bonafides and how different it’s from Snyderverse’s Cavill.

But if Marvel is pressed for time, I can see Disney pushing F4 back several weeks to early August or perhaps post Labor Day (which can be very lucrative). They haven’t started filming while Superman has been in production for 2-3 months already.

While they have done good shows, such as the fantastic X-Men 97, historically with their Spider-Man animation Disney has focused on young kids, so I'm not expecting much. Of course, I thought X-Men 97 was going to be a cheap nostalgia cash-in too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"