The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get why the governor killed all those soldiers. Able, trained men seem like something very useful to have. And since he saved their buddy, they owe him.

Those soldiers would all need to be fed and kept up. Not to mention they would need to fall in line with the procedure of the governer and his town. Those enlisted men may have trouble following orders from a civillian that to them wouldnt deserve their respect. He would need to prove himself before they would follow him and even then it would be questionable.

He had to go after them for the weapons and equipment but he couldnt take them in. Not saying it was right but it was a calculated decision.

But would they take kindly to taking orders from a civilian? Probably not. Therefore...

I see that as debatable. Aside from the fact that their regular Supreme Commander is a civilian, the governor is basically the closest thing this world seems to have to an elected leader.

But I think they just wanted to make it clear that he was evil, and capable (taking out a group of armed soldiers).

I see that as debatable. Aside from the fact that their regular Supreme Commander is a civilian, the governor is basically the closest thing this world seems to have to an elected leader.

But I think they just wanted to make it clear that he was evil, and capable (taking out a group of armed soldiers).

The supreme commander may be a a civillian but you take a group of enlisted soldiers in a combat zone remove their CO that theyve fought and bled with and replace him with a civillian they dont know from adam and hasnt earned his authority and you will have trouble. Trust is all youve got in the trenches and they wouldnt trust him.

The Governor may want to repopulate the world, and he can't have a bunch of soldiers to compete with.

His spin doctoring back at Woodbury was classic fear mongering on the populace. The soldiers didn't have "walls" so the biters got them.

the gov sounds like Liam Neeson, when Neeson does his American accent

There's obviously some things going on behind the scenes that the Governor needs to keep secret and bringing in soldiers that are not in the know could seriously threaten the status quo at Woodbury. It really isn't that debatable.

Taking on seven of them, heavily armed, at one time while you've also got two new women in the community is a bit of a stretch. I can understand the thinking and the tough decisions in that kind of environment.

One of the guys I watched with tonight said the same thing about Liam Neeson.

So yeah, Michonne is officially my favorite character now. Complete badass

"We should stay to get our **** together."
"My **** never stopped being together..."

Awesome.

So yeah, Michonne is officially my favorite character now. Complete badass

"We should stay to get our **** together."
"My **** never stopped being together..."

Awesome.

I can't stand her at all. She reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez. Trying to act tough and constantly giving "tough guy" looks to everyone. Ridiculous...

Episode 3x04 Preview:
[YT]aDgkCTqRi7s[/YT]
Oh, Daryl... Glenn could interpret that question in so many ways... :funny:

Why does she keep the sword on her back?

You can't draw a katana from your back (note she never does it, for that reason).

Well, unless you have freakishly long arms.

Amateur.

Last edited:
I like the change they've made with the Governor. He's almost like a charismatic politician so it makes sense for him to be able to organize and lead Woodbury so easily. He's a likable guy and that makes his darker actions that much more disturbing.

"My **** never stopped being together."

I love Michonne.

I can't stand her at all. She reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez. Trying to act tough and constantly giving "tough guy" looks to everyone. Ridiculous...

Yeah it's getting old.

She makes a better mysterious character instead of a main character who's always giving people the "whatchoo talkin bout Willis?" face.

Wasn't impressed by michonne. Give the woman some (T-dog gets more) damn lines.

She doesn't need lines. Unlike T-Dog, she has a presence.

Indication of how much of an impression T-Dog makes....my roommate has watched Walking Dead for the entire series and I had to Google image T-Dog before he remembered who the **** he was.

Indication of how much of an impression T-Dog makes....my roommate has watched Walking Dead for the entire series and I had to Google image T-Dog before he remembered who the **** he was.

Well, that's not surprising. He's had no character development. We know nothing about him. Dale had a dead wife. What's T-Dog got?

To be fair, Carl's hat has more of a presence than T-Dog.

Qu5Ib.gif

*sniff* No T-Dog "Moments to Shine" in this episode :( I'll be off in the corner crying

I didnt really like this episode, too many live people walking around and i already missed ricks group 10mins through this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"