Fear the Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread - Part 1

AMC announced today that the network is in the initial stages of developing a companion series to its original drama series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in October of 2010. The Walking Dead is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”
“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn't be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

In addition to Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels and Low Winter Sun, AMC recently greenlit two new drama series for 2014, Halt & Catch Fire and Turn. The network today began shooting a new pilot, Line Of Sight, directed and executive produced by Jonathan Demme, and has a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures Television for a spinoff series of Vince Gilligan’s landmark Breaking Bad, based on the Saul Goodman lawyer character with the working title Better Call Saul.
Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on October 13. The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series created and written by Robert Kirkman and published by Skybound, Kirkman's imprint at Image Comics.

The Walking Dead season three out-delivered everything on television including The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, Game of Thrones, Modern Family, and almost doubled The Bible for the broadcast season for adults 18-49.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=109004

Maybe I'm just too deep into Gay Tumblr, but I half expected Nick and Troy to start making out there after their scuffle. :o

I'm liking Troy as a villain. Jeremiah is also shady. The Ranch is an odd, but kinda fun, place.

Yay for the return of [blackout]Daniel!! He's gonna be pissed when he finds out that Strand doesn't know where Ofelia really is, though.[/blackout]

I like that we're learning more about what a bastard Strand is. So he stole from Thomas, the love of his life.

Yeah, he was one of the better original characters. :)

They killed Travis to make way for bad mofo Daniel.

It was ballsy to make an episode almost entirely in Spanish.

I like Daniel so much as a character. I'm so glad he's back and didn't kill those people the way Dante wanted him to.

Ep. 3.4 "100" is the best episode of FTWD yet, imo. It even surpasses most of TWD bottle episodes. This episode alone seems to understand the concept behind bottle episodes better than TWD. Also 100 is a clever title [blackout]b/c prior to this episode Daniel has only killed 96 people but by the end of the episode his kill count of the living moved up to 100.[/blackout]

Ruben Blades (one of the better actors on the show) really carried this episode. Easily gave one of the best performances of the show, imo. I've always liked Salazar but this episode made me appreciate him even more. His character brings a lot of weight and depth to FTWD due to most of the morally grey decisions/choices he has to make to survive. That alone makes Daniel one of the more compelling characters on FTWD. He's up there with TWD's stronger and more fleshed out characters (Rick, Morgan, Carol, etc.), imo. Now I'm really looking forward to the Daniel/Ofelia reunion. Hopefully it'll happen during this season. The only problem is the character development for Ofelia has been really lacking. Hopefully it'll be revealed soon of what happened to Ofelia.

I was very invested in the story and the new characters (Efrain and Lola) dealing with Dante's dam. [blackout]I wonder if it'll be the last we see of Efrain and Lola now that they'll most likely be in charge of the water from the dam due to Salazar putting an end to Dante and his oppression.[/blackout]

Also the subtitles didn't bother me or take away from my enjoyment of the episode. It just made this episode feel more personal for Salazar, imo. It's not only very character driven but has a much better structure and understanding of the bottle episode format than most of TWD bottle episodes (which for the most part only go in that direction to begin with to save money), imo. This episode tackled so much in a short amount of time than most TWD episodes (especially Season 6 and 7) do, imo.

Last edited:
The babbling old man with the head wound is the most disturbing thing I've seen on TV in quite some time.

Too bad Strand and Daniel split up. I was kind of enjoying their tense, distrsutful relationship.

I actually find this season to be the best yet. And that's simply just because of Daniel and Strand. Less Nick and Alicia please.

The promo for next week's two part mid season finale briefly revealed Ofelia and her whereabouts. [BLACKOUT]Looks like Walker's group took her in. And from the looks of it she might've been beaten/abused. Since Jeremiah was the last person we saw her with during the Season 2 finale. I wonder if he had anything to do with those bruises on her face. He might've tortured and interrogated her b/c he assumed she was from Walker's camp. Assuming after Jeremiah released Ofelia she came across Walker's group. And Walker takes her in after finding out they both have a beef with Jeremiah. Should be interesting to see how this plays out with Ofelia and the Clarks on opposing camps. [/BLACKOUT] Anyways after being absent for six episodes this season it's a shame they decided to reveal where Ofelia is in the promos rather than the actual episode.

Really hated Madison in the 1st half of the 2 part mid-season finale. Redeemed herself in the 2nd half.

Outstanding finale.

The return of boss ***** Madison. :hrt: I have always loved her character. She always does what needs doing.

Nick and Alicia were idiots about Jeremiah, though. Yeah he's a racist murderer but if they gave up the ranch where were they going to go? BTW, am I the only person who thought the body would be of Jeremiah's ex-wife?

It was nice to see Strand again. Too bad he split up with Daniel since I wanted to see more of their frenmity.

Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 Official Comic-Con Trailer
[YT]FI2U47UUVjY[/YT]

I found this trailer a lot more engaging than the TWD Season 8 trailer.

iQWhIcu.jpg

Please tell me that we get more Strain in the second half of the season.

BTW, I feel this is the best season by far.

Yeah I found his conversation via radio with the cosmonaut very compelling. And it was nice to see the Abigail one last time. I'm curious of the direction they'll take Strand in 3b. Now that the character has found a new reason/purpose to survive in this cruel world.

I agree Season 3 of FTWD has been very good so far. Hope it keeps it up for 3b. I'm enjoying it more than TWD, which is becoming more and more frustrating to watch, right now.

Madison in this series is basically Rick AND Shane, wrapped into one.

I like it.

Yeah, she's pretty badass and I'm loving it. :)

Fear the Walking Dead Season 3B: 'A Look at the Second Half of Season 3' Behind the Scenes
[YT]1jB18KTtr_Q[/YT]

Looking forward to it. Also less than two weeks left before the mid-season premiere.

I wish they would just air the season straight instead of breaks. less and less people are returning to watch the second half of the season.

Madison is taking way too long with that water.

So the fact that Fear got to slip in an uncensored F-bomb is now making folks wonder if The Walking Dead may get that same opportunity. Would be interesting if Negan could get it at least once this upcoming season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"