Fear the Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread - Part 1

This season is taking way too long with everything. :( It's a bit of a bore.

This season, which I'm really digging, hasn't dragged at all for me so far. There's more interesting elements and characters driving the plot than that of Season 7 of TWD, imo. Even though FTWD explores similar storylines and themes as TWD, it isn't obligated to the comics as the main show is. Therefore FTWD seems to have more freedom and leverage with characters, stories and pacing than TWD. However, TWD still manages to stretch out story arcs adapted from the comics very thin.

Madison is taking way too long with that water.

The herd at the ranch is taking place at the same time Madison's negotiating for some water from Lola's dam. I think Madison and Walker have been gone for two days. They'll probably be back by the end of the next episode. If this was TWD they would be back by the season finale. Anyways it's not looking good for the ranch. They wasted their ammo and guns that Madison negotiated with Lola in exchange for water. And if something tragic happens to Ofelia they'll make enemies with Daniel. However, none of this would've happened had Madison killed Troy after he attempted to escape his exile.

Also I think it was totally Nick's fault that Jake got bit. He should've stayed out of the confrontation between Jake and Troy. I don't know what Nick (or Madison for that matter)sees in Troy to spare him but it definitely shows they're just as twisted as he is.

So the fact that Fear got to slip in an uncensored F-bomb is now making folks wonder if The Walking Dead may get that same opportunity. Would be interesting if Negan could get it at least once this upcoming season.

when was the F-bomb?

I can't pinpoint the moment, but when Jake and Nick are in the truck and headed to find Troy, it's at the end of their conversation that Nick says it.

I guess we're go full circle to Victor looking out for number one and Nick being a reckless junkie.

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo1_400.gif
tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo2_400.gif

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo3_400.gif
tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo4_400.gif

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo5_250.gif
tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo6_250.gif

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo7_400.gif

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo8_400.gif

tumblr_ox9pvc0ITN1w5yncbo9_400.gif

I mean. :o

Those two guys are crazies. :(

Nick and Troy going all "Fear and Loathing of the Living Dead" was kind of interesting to watch.

I kind of resent them trying to put Alicia in a leadership role this season and feel the character is pretty annoying. Her naivety has repeatedly gotten people killed while she is continually rewarded by her own survival.

I doubt Nick and Troy will become lovers. They're pretty much blood brothers at this point. Which shows us how damaged both characters are b/c Troy tried to kill Nick when they first met. Nick had Troy at gunpoint when Otto allowed him and Luciana on the ranch.

Yeah, i was getting more bromance than romance myself as well. Just besties and nothing more.

Same for Nick. Not a good idea to kill off the only characters I care about. :(

Nick and Troy going all "Fear and Loathing of the Living Dead" was kind of interesting to watch.

I kind of resent them trying to put Alicia in a leadership role this season and feel the character is pretty annoying. Her naivety has repeatedly gotten people killed while she is continually rewarded by her own survival.

Good lawd yes! She's probably the most annoying character there is but yet finds a way to survive. Her getting captured was her own fault. Who TF goes to find them self in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?! Sometimes I think she is only surviving for eye candy.

Nice to see another Deadwood actor show up.

To me he's still the crazy investigator from Sons of Anarchy, lol. :p

I enjoyed the Season 3 finale overall. Am really curious about what happened to the rest of the Clarks, Strand, and Salazar. As well as if Proctor survived or not? And if that’ll be the last we see of Walker and Crazy Dog? Even though the actress recently signed on to the Black Lightning TV series, I hope this won’t be the last we see of Diana (the woman with the pick axe). She seemed like an interesting character that we knew very little about. It’ll be a shame if she was just some plot device for Alicia to cross paths with Proctor and his hijacking of Lola‘s dam.

Season 3 as a whole has been a lot more engaging than Season 6 & 7 of TWD. The characters on FTWD are a lot more grey and complex than most of the TWD characters, who have basically become larger than life action figures/superheroes in comparison. Glad FTWD has seem to found it’s groove this season. Though I’m looking forward to Season 4 I am very concerned about Gimple’s involvement as EP. Hopefully he won’t taint the show with any of his pretentious writing that has plagued Season 6 & 7 of TWD. I’m also concerned about Season 4 being mostly a stepping stone for the crossover on TWD. I couldn’t care less about a crossover. When FTWD first premiered I never thought that there would be a time I'd be defending it over the parent show.

Last edited:
Just finished the season finale and am SOOO disappointed. I don't know if spoilers are alright yet so...

They killed freakin' Troy. I told me wife a while ago that he was becoming my favorite character, and by the end I felt that he had more depth and was more interesting than the rest of the characters put together. I told my wife going in that I don't care what happened in this episode... I just wanted Troy to survive and become an ongoing regular character next season. They could have killed off any other character in the show and I'd be less disappointed. Argghhh!!!

The season overall has been good. Definitely the show's best yet. I like that this show is willing to kill off main characters starting with Chris last season and then Travis earlier this season. I was half hoping Madison would go this episode... especially after...

she killed Troy

Anyhow, this is definitely the first time that I've been disappointed that the season ended. I mean, I'm excited for Walking Dead next week (I still LOVE it despite what others say), but there will certainly be a piece of me eager for FTWD season 4!

Fear the Walking Dead: First photos of Lennie James on set

Entertainment Weekly said:
AMC revealed last night on Talking Dead that Lennie James and his character of Morgan would be leaving The Walking Dead at the conclusion of season 8 — which just finished filming — and moving over to companion series Fear the Walking Dead. James himself even appeared on Talking Dead as part of the announcement via satellite from Austin, Tex.

That’s because he had to report to set for filming the very next day. And as if to prove it, the network just released the first two images of the actor with cast and producers. In the first image we see James with new showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, who took over for the recently departed Dave Erickson. And in the second image, James is at a table read with costars Colman Domingo, Frank Dillane, and Alycia Debnam-Carey. (That means their characters of Strand, Nick, and Alicia all survived the season 3 finale dam explosion. Yay for them!)

“The hardest part of it from beginning until now has been leaving The Walking Dead,” said James on Talking Dead. “Leaving that cast and leaving that crew. And I’ve said my goodbyes to the cast and stuff, and I’ve said my goodbyes to the crew.” And now we can see him saying hello to a whole new cast and crew.

3NkfBJF.jpg

HrwGEe3.jpg

Maybe it will perk things up a bit.

This makes me wonder whether Morgan somehow swung over toward Texas prior to rejoining Rick and co. or if he leaves Alexandria at the end of the season and FtWD time jumps to match up with Walking Dead. I figure it might as well. The original hook was that it took place as the apocalypse was first happening. Now that that's past, there's no point in it HAVING to stay in the past.

'Fear the Walking Dead': All the Big Changes for Season 4

The Hollywood Reporter said:
The spinoff will feature new showrunners, cast and a filming location.
When AMC's Fear the Walking Dead returns for its fourth season, the Walking Dead spinoff will look drastically different.

In addition to a shift in its filming location, the Robert Kirkman-produced drama is bringing in new showrunners and adding a number of new castmembers — chief among them Lennie James, who has played fan-favorite Morgan Jones on the flagship series.

In a bid to keep track of all the changes, The Hollywood Reporter has compiled a primer to what's new when season four resumes in 2018.

New showrunner

Showrunner Dave Erickson, who developed the spinoff with Walking Dead creator Kirkman, exited the show after the season-three finale. Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) will take over as showrunners for season four. Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple is also joining Fear as an executive producer.

New filming location

Fear will have yet another filming location in season four as the production is moving to Austin, Texas. The shift was set up in the season three finale's narrative as a new villain (Ray McKinnon) set sail for "what's left of Houston" with Alicia (co-star Alycia Debnam-Carey).

New cast

In its season three finale, Fear left the fate of every major character hanging in the balance. The lone exception: Madison Clarke, played by Kim Dickens, who was seen to have survived the incident. Other confirmed returning castmembers include Frank Dillane (who plays Nick), Debnam-Carey (Alicia), Colman Domingo (Victor) and Danay Garcia (Luciana). That leaves room for a slew of new series regulars as the spinoff adds to its ranks:

Lennie James, who will move from The Walking Dead to the spinoff and continue to play Morgan.

Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope) is a Walking Dead superfan and originally wanted to play Negan on the flagship show. Details about his character are being kept under wraps.

Jenna Elflman (Dharma & Greg) will take on drama after more recent comedy credits including Imaginary Mary, 1600 Penn and Growing Up Fisher. Details about her character are also being kept under wraps.

Maggie Grace (Lost) boards another franchise after roles in The Twilight Saga and the Taken franchise. Details about her character are also being kept under wraps.

New timeline?

As THR's Josh Wigler pointed out in his analysis of the James move, it's likely that Fear will see a time jump when season four returns. There's no reason why the series can't skip forward several years into the future and tell new stories with new characters at a period of time that closely aligns with the current events of the flagship Walking Dead.

See the first crossover photos of Morgan on Fear the Walking Dead

XsjXjOS.jpg

f1nMI6m.jpg

Entertainment Weekly said:
Lennie James’ long, winding Walking Dead journey has reached a new destination as his character of Morgan will be leaving the original show at the end of season 8 and then moving over to companion series Fear the Walking Dead. And we’ve got the exclusive first photos of the big crossover right here. (See both images below).

Of particular note is that Morgan can be seen carrying his trusty fighting stick in both images, assuring fans that it remains his weapon of choice for taking on foes dead and undead. And what does Morgan’s introduction to Fear mean for both the character and the show, which is now filming season 4? Andrew Chambliss, who, along with Ian Goldberg, has taken over showrunning duties from Dave Erickson (with TWD showrunner Scott M. Gimple overseeing) told EW about the process of crossing over the character.

“As Morgan Jones steps into the world of FTWD, he’ll be continuing the journey he began on The Walking Dead way back in the pilot,” says Chambliss. “Ian and I were huge fans of the character when Lennie James first brought him to life back then, again when he returned in season 3, and finally when he became a series regular in season 6.”

Chambliss also spoke about how their initial meetings with James helped guide the path for the character as he jumps from one show to the other. “When we first met Lennie, he impressed upon us how much he cared about the character and how important it was to him for us to take Morgan to places we hadn’t seen before. It’s been a great challenge to set for ourselves, and it’s what we hope to do with the character — to push Morgan to places he could only get by coming into contact with the characters on Fear. They’ll change him. And, at the same time, he’ll change them.”

Both photos confirm that FTWD will do a major time jump (2 years) in order catch up to TWD;s current timeline. Can't say I'm happy about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually consolidate the casts and drop Fear altogether.

Yep! That's primary reason for the crossover (aside from boosting ratings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"