Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I’m trying to think — it’s based on the graphic novel of the Mighty Thor. She’s going through cancer treatment and is a superhero on the side.

Is she confirming then then that the cancer storyline is getting adapted?! :awesome:
Looking at Taika’s previous work(blending humor with gut wrenching stuff ) it would make total sense if they did adapt that particular storyline. I mean how could you not, it’s something so incredibly important to that character and it just transcends the world of comics.

I think this is gonna be more emotional than people are expecting.
I think so too. Those real life struggles can really add a lot of pathos to the story and give the affected people, those around them and the general audience something very humanly relatable to latch on to.

Ragnarok was heavy on the comedy while the drama took a bit of a back seat. I could see TLT being more balance in that regard which in turn should elevate the story.

Looking at Taika’s previous work(blending humor with gut wrenching stuff ) it would make total sense if they did adapt that particular storyline. I mean how could you not, it’s something so incredibly important to that character and it just transcends the world of comics.

I think so too. Those real life struggles can really add a lot of pathos to the story and give the affected people, those around them and the general audience something very humanly relatable to latch on to.

Ragnarok was heavy on the comedy while the drama took a bit of a back seat. I could see TLT being more balance in that regard which in turn should elevate the story.

Also keep in mind, the script for Thor Ragnarok was already written when Taika came on board that film. This film, from the ground up, is all Taika, so we should definitely expect a good balance of his comedic material and more dramatic stuff he’s capable of like in Jojo Rabbit.

Also keep in mind, the script for Thor Ragnarok was already written when Taika came on board that film. This film, from the ground up, is all Taika, so we should definitely expect a good balance of his comedic material and more dramatic stuff he’s capable of like in Jojo Rabbit.
The script for TLT was also co-written by Jennifer Katyin Robinson but I do agree that he’s much more involved with this one.

Ragnarok was Taika on MCU training wheels (and still, awesome result). This time he can go for broke!

I’d find it strange to bring this character on screen and not use her defining storyline, at least at some point. Also if done well it could hit home with many who have been affected by cancer or seen their loved ones affected by it. It’s not a common topic in blockbuster filmmaking.

I’d find it strange to bring this character on screen and not use her defining storyline, at least at some point. Also if done well it could hit home with many who have been affected by cancer or seen their loved ones affected by it. It’s not a common topic in blockbuster filmmaking.

It could also have an added resonance on a meta level for the MCU as a whole, given what happened to Chadwick.

It could also have an added resonance on a meta level for the MCU as a whole, given what happened to Chadwick.
Oh, I didn’t think of that. Very good point. :up:

Last edited:
Natalie Portman shops in Byron Bay with husband Benjamin Millepied and daughter Amalia, three | Daily Mail Online

I think they where suppose to film in Sidney but there where reports that they could be moving to the Gold Coast and film there instead. It seems to be the case since she’s already up there.

Also, doesn't Chris live in Byron Bay? In fact, those pictures from the other day of him with Taika were in Byron Bay as well, so they're definitely all in the same area.

Also, doesn't Chris live in Byron Bay? In fact, those pictures from the other day of him with Taika were in Byron Bay as well, so they're definitely all in the same area.
Edit:

He lives there. It seems that way.

So Bale’s other movie (the one that was originally supposed to be shot prior to this) now shoots in January. I don’t know what that means for Bale in TLT. Maybe he can join the gang now? Or is he joining after? I suppose it doesn’t matter as long as he doesn’t drop!

Last edited:
So Bale’s other movie (the one that was originally supposed to be shot prior to this) now shoots in January. I don’t know what that means for Bale in TLT. Maybe he can join the gang now? Or is he joining after? I suppose it doesn’t matter as long as he doesn’t drop!

I have said this before and I will say it again: Bale is NOT going to bail. He is contractually locked in at this point and is therefore obligated to fulfill his side of the deal.

Not to mention that as others have pointed out, he won't need to be on-set for the full shooting period to film all his scenes, since villains are generally in the movie less.

Eh... He can if it’s stipulated in the contract that he needs to fulfill his duties with his prior commitments. And it’s not that uncommon to drop out for scheduling reasons... Hoult had to drop out of Mission Impossible after he was already officially announced due to COVID related scheduling conflicts. Bale has dropped out of projects for one reason or another so this nothing new for him. And it’s not like he’s the lead so a project this big will not move mountains just to accommodate him. I’m not saying that he would but don’t be surprised either if he bows out due to scheduling conflicts.

This just adds to the speculation that TLT is rumored to start filming this month. Since his schedule is now open then it would make sense for him to join the cast in Australia.

I have said this before and I will say it again: Bale is NOT going to bail. He is contractually locked in at this point and is therefore obligated to fulfill his side of the deal.

Not to mention that as others have pointed out, he won't need to be on-set for the full shooting period to film all his scenes, since villains are generally in the movie less.
I really hope Bale doesn’t ........bale on the project. :D :O

Article from Syndey's The Sunday Telegraph claiming that Natalie is working with Hemsworth's regular coach, Luke Zocchi:

C9F50998-0569-47B2-8210-5E800DC7654B.jpeg

Link here: PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

If I’m being honest Portman looked a bit wider around the shoulders in those beach photos which is part of the course when someone is bulking up so that afterwards they can gradually “shave” of that extra weight into a more lean and solid/toned figure.

Anyways NP looked fine. And for the role she probably just needs to get into the sort of shape that Tessa/Valkyrie was in for Ragnarok. Which like Tessa herself mentioned is kind of that Linda Hamilton/Terminator figure.

tmp_MRiCcr_db69e17cf445d3f0_MCDTHRA_EC048.jpg

CH is definitely reaching that peak Thor look. I wouldn’t be surprised if Liam also had a part in TLT since the third Hemsworth brother was already in Ragnarok as Thor in that asgardian play. I mean Liam could even be BRB, there’s definitely irony in that... Regarding his injury I hope he heals well.

EkFW9VEU0AAc71-

EkFUXeAXYAEGpay

He was send to earth to mocking about male humans. :D

THR
Hemsworth is due to begin shooting Thor: Love and Thunder in January.

Deadline

Hemsworth is star of Marvel’s Avengers and Thor franchise; the latest sequel Thor: Love & Thunder filming next March in Australia

tumblr_omlws6P8LE1tz8mito1_400.gifv

Thor: Love and Thunder Begins Production in January
Thor: Love and Thunder will begin production in Australia in January of 2021. Conflicting reports about the start of principal photography on the fourth Thor movie from Marvel Studios surfaced after it was revealed its titular hero actor Chris Hemsworth would be appearing in the Furiosa movie. However, the correct answer to the question regarding when the cosmic entry to Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will roll cameras is January

Wait is TLT working title “The Big Sallad”? :D
If so then a nod to The Big Lebowski and...

EXo727OU8AEXhml.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"