Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Also saw a few days back a picture of Chris Hemsworth hanging out with the hair stylist that works with him on his films.

Last but not least I saw some recent photos of CH and it looks like he’s physically gearing up to be in Thor shape. He’s always in good shape but his size has changed a bit.

So yeh it all seems to be lining up for TLT official green light.

Not so fast my friend. :cwink:
Nothing like a bit of searching to get some nice nuggets of information. And I found exactly that in this NZ article. It seems like they have indeed given the go ahead on TLT.

All signs point to Thor: Love and Thunder beginning production as Taika Waititi arrives back in NZ

Great find! :up:

With the start date seemingly moved (assuming Nat wasn’t trolling when she said that it was supposed to start shooting next year back then) this early, I wonder what Nat will do in terms of bulking up? I’m a bit nervous too about Bale’s involvement. The film he’s supposed to shoot before this was just approved for tax credit so it looks like that one’s a go too. Hope they can work something out schedule wise and he can do both instead of dropping out of one of them.

With the start date seemingly moved (assuming Nat wasn’t trolling when she said that it was supposed to start shooting next year back then)

I actually went back and watched the interview where she said the movie would start shooting next year. Looking at it a second time, she seemed less certain about it than I thought at first. For instance, she seemed unsure that she would even be able to take her kids with her.

It may be the case that in the month since that interview was done that plans changed and Marvel decided to bring everything forward.

I wonder what Nat will do in terms of bulking up?

Go to a gym in Australia? I think part of the reason why she's gone out there so early may be so that she can get her quarantine period out of the way and then get stuck into physical training afterwards.

Heck, maybe Chris is even going to offer her some advice on that front?

Great find! :up:

With the start date seemingly moved (assuming Nat wasn’t trolling when she said that it was supposed to start shooting next year back then) this early, I wonder what Nat will do in terms of bulking up? I’m a bit nervous too about Bale’s involvement. The film he’s supposed to shoot before this was just approved for tax credit so it looks like that one’s a go too. Hope they can work something out schedule wise and he can do both instead of dropping out of one of them.
I guess they will jump start the final stages of pre-production and it should take some time in order to get everything and everyone ready for filming. I guess NP still has plenty of time to get in shape, also it's a movie and nowadays they can pretty much fix everything with that Hollywood "magic".

Regarding Bale's involvement in TLT and that other film, it's all in the scheduling like you said... It shouldn't take too long to get his stuff done for TLT. I think he might have a role similar, size wise, to the one Cate Blanchett had in Ragnarok and that took 1 month to do if i'm not mistaken.

Cool. From what i saw in the Mandalorian that tech seems to be very helpful for the actors and crew, adding another layer of interactivity which should improve their performance...

Cool. From what i saw in the Mandalorian that tech seems to be very helpful for the actors and crew, adding another layer of interactivity which should improve their performance...

It should help Portman especially, given that she has admitted in interviews that she struggled with standard green screen in the first two Thor movies and the Prequels.

Last edited:

20180526175408-8e69753b.gif

A few interesting quotes from that article.
"After reading the script, I can say that I am very excited. For sure there will be a lot of love and a lot of lightning in this production (laughs). I'm glad that after all that happened in Avengers: Endgame, I'm still part of the Marvel Universe and we can continue the story of Thor. Of course, I can't tell you anything about the plot, but to satisfy your curiosity, I'll say that I had a lot more fun reading the script than on "Thor Ragnarok", and that proves something, because this movie was brilliant."
The interviewer also brings up the topic of Thor potentially retiring as a character and passing on the title and hammer to another actor. In a surprise bit of bluntness, Chris Hemsworth denies that this will be his last outing as Thor in the MCU.

“Are you crazy ?! I'm not going into any retirement period (laughs). Thor is way too young for that. It is only 1500 years old! It is definitely not a film that I say goodbye to this brand. At least I hope so.”

That made my day. I love Hemsworth in this role so much. Thor might not be my all time favorite superhero, but damn it, I get a smile on my face every time I see him on screen.

If they want to keep Jane's Thor around, can't we have one Thor protecting Earth and one Thor protecting Space?

If they want to keep Jane's Thor around, can't we have one Thor protecting Earth and one Thor protecting Space?

Aka one Thor for Avengers 4 and one Thor for Guardians 3 :)

I'm extremely happy and satisfied with these news but i can't say that i'm surprised.
After Ragnarok, Infinity War and even AEG i always thought that Thor's future in the MCU was almost a guarantee because of the character's reinvention and the exponential growth in popularity. Thor is a character that people love, they have followed his incredible journey, the ups and downs, all the challenges... Thor is a valuable asset for the MCU, one that people know and can relate to, has a rich and well known history and serves as a natural bridge between the old and new.

This news also shed another light on what Taika mentioned previously regarding Jane Foster. "TLT is Thor's movie, she's in it..." Again and as i suspected, this is not going to be Chris Hemsworth send off... on the contraire. This is another chapter of Thor's story, he isn't getting replace or overshadowed. If anything i think Jane Foster is likely the one to go because of how certain comics played out.

On another note and providing it's successful i wouldn't be suprised if TLT is the second of Taika's own Thor trilogy.

Awesome. Thor was only ok in his first movies - but that changed after Ragnarok (still my favourite MCU movie besides Endgame).
Thor is now one of the coolest and funniest characters- thanks to Taika

Yeah this is great news. Thor has so much more that can be done with him so I’m glad Hemsworth wants to stay around (not like his non marvel projects are successful, lol).

Chris Hemsworth is Thor as far as I am concerned and I don't even know if its possible to replace him. I see no reason why we can't have more than one Thor in the MCU. I honestly wouldn't mind it if they had Jane's Thor on Earth doing missions with the New Avengers while Hemsworth's Thor is out in space hanging out with the GOTG which I hope we see a whole lot more of in the future.

Maybe even leading a new version of the GoTG after the third film.

New Thor film tipped to relocate to Queensland as NSW continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic | Daily Mail Online

Natalie Portman, 39, arrived in Sydney, Australia earlier this month to begin filming the Marvel movie Thor: Love and Thunder.

The film was slated to shoot at Moore Park's Fox Studios, however the filming location is believed to be under review as NSW continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the superhero flick is tipped to move to Queensland.

The publication claims that the film's cast including Natalie and her co-star Chris Hemsworth, 37, are currently awaiting news of whether a relocation will happen.
Filming is scheduled to begin next month.

Last edited:
Filming is scheduled to begin next month.

Well, that is big news (assuming its true). They really must have decided to bring it forward.

This also confirms what I previously thought with Natalie: namely that she isn't really going to "bulk up" and that they will instead use CGI to make her look taller and more muscular.

After doing a bit of digging and putting some puzzle pieces together it seems that Taika has now traveled to Australia.

If the strong possibility is indeed real then it’s another sign that things are moving along towards filming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"