Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Thor, Valkyrie, Sif and Tyr are the only notable Asgardians still alive I think.

Loki's alternate timeline doppelganger is having adventures in his show as well I guess.

Lorelei is still around but they are acting like Agent's Of Shield doesn't exist so probably forgot about her and Peter Macnicol's Professor Elliot Randolph.

Meanwhile TLT markering team ramps up their efforts. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that exact imagery in TLAT

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that exact imagery in TLAT

Hopefully for Valkyrie’s wedding to whoever becomes her queen (my money’s on it being Sif or, if we’re lucky, Jane Foster).

Chris Hemsworth did a virtual visit to a kids hospital in Australia in which he answered some questions regarding L&T and dropped some nuggets of information.

One kid favorite Thor movie was Ragnarok. The main reason was because his favorite character(Korg) was in it to which Hemsworth replied.
In the new film you might be very pleased for that reason. He's hilarious.
What can we expect form Thor: Love & Thunder?
Expect plenty more of that humor and that wonderful imaginary insane world that Taika brings to life. You can be sure he'll be in there playing Korg again. When i read TLT it was one of the best scripts i've read so i'm very excited.
Do you know how much we've got to wait now that the movie has been put on hold?
Everything has been pushed back a few months. I don't know exactly how much. But if anything we just have more time to rehearse, rewrite if we need to and do more preparation.

Taika Waititi Teases The Romance In Thor: Love And Thunder
I think it’s going to be really good. We’ve finished, we’ve been writing the script off and on for over a year and I’m just, actually this week, doing another pass on it. It is so insane and it’s also very romantic. I’m into romances now. I just want to make a romance. I just want to make something that I’ve never done or never cared for. I would like to attack something like that.

I’m not surprised TLT will delve into those elements. “Love” is in the title. Also it adds more strength to my sneaky suspicion that it would also be capitalizing on those elements in particular because of basically having a St Valentine’s Day release date.

I’m cool with them bringing the love as long as they also deliver on the thunder. :yay:

Natalie talks a little about Thor: L&T in this conversation with Serena Williams (27:23-29:17). Apparently, the plan is for them to start shooting in Australia early next year (Covid dependent).

Yeh she said that they were shooting at the beginning of next year. And then she basically said without uttering the words that she had around “4 months to...” get in shape that was my take from it.

So it seems that filming could be scheduled for January 2021 by the looks of it.

Filming should take around 3 months more or less like Ragnarok. So they could be done around April with a good amount of post production until February 2022. With these timelines I would even guess for a teaser trailer around September/October.

Last edited:
I assumed that they will still try for end of this year but early next year sounds good. And for purely selfish fangirl reasons, early next year is better for Bale as he’s supposed to shoot his film with Margot before this (I’m positive they will try that this year) and I don’t want him to drop either.

Last edited:
Someone with a Twitter account send this to Taika. :D
I mean if he's looking for a badass aquatic creature to have in space he might as well check aquatic dinosaurs for inspiration, there's a huge amount of cool choices that aren't sharks per say and don't necessarily even look like them either if he would he would choose that...

fb29286f1d940974bc25547d1eb2f086.jpg

Huh. I thought they weren’t shooting until next year?

Huh. I thought they weren’t shooting until next year?
Exactly... According to Natalie Portman herself they where apparently going to start early 2021.

A few guesses, they could be just on holidays or she’s going early to start with her workout regiment over there or they could’ve antecipated the filming of TLT all together.

Exactly... According to Natalie Portman herself they where apparently going to start early 2021.

A few guesses, they could be just on holidays or she’s going early to start with her workout regiment over there or they could’ve antecipated the filming of TLT all together.

I bet it’s a vacation plus maybe scope the place out so they know the best place to stay when they start filming. DM probably just assumed.

I bet it’s a vacation plus maybe scope the place out so they know the best place to stay when they start filming. DM probably just assumed.

Thing is, given the strictness of Australia's lockdown rules (they are only letting 350 people from the entire world enter Sydney each day, who then have to be quarantined for 2 weeks), Marvel might be thinking that its a good idea to start getting the cast and crew out there now, in case Australia reduces the numbers they're willing to allow in even further.

It would be a bit of a hassle to fly all the way out to Australia, spend 14 days in quarantine just to find a place to stay (which could easily be done online), and then go all the way back to the US and have to spend another 14 days in quarantine before going back to Australia a few months later.

I dunno, but I feel that if I was Natalie Portman, I'd probably have better things to do.

Not to mention that living down under for a few extra months isn't exactly a great hardship.

Last edited:
Taika is in NZ and if he’s hotel quarantining then that means he just arrived so Nat being in Australia is most likely not related (yet) to Thor.

Taika is in NZ and if he’s hotel quarantining then that means he just arrived so Nat being in Australia is most likely not related (yet) to Thor.

Not so fast my friend. :cwink:
Nothing like a bit of searching to get some nice nuggets of information. And I found exactly that in this NZ article. It seems like they have indeed given the go ahead on TLT.

All signs point to Thor: Love and Thunder beginning production as Taika Waititi arrives back in NZ
In a recent interview with Ensemble, Waititi’s former wife, producer Chelsea Winstanley, said she had already returned to New Zealand to make a documentary and the girls would join her “when their dad’s work on Thor: Love and Thunder in Australia gets the go-ahead.”

The sequel to Waititi’s highly acclaimed first Marvel outing Thor: Ragnarok is set to be shot at Fox Studios in Sydney – where, according to the Daily Mail, star Natalie Portman touched down with her family two days ago.

New South Wales is currently operating under coronavirus restrictions similar to New Zealand’s level 2, meaning production should be able to commence.

So it looks good for Waititi dropping the kids off with mum and then hopping across the Tasman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"