Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

EXCLUSIVE

The actor Russel Crowe will be on #ThorLoveAndThunder and will play a God. I think he could be Zeus, but maybe he's any other. We have to see a lot of stories that Gorr has to kill and Olympics have a relationship with Thor in comics.

Illuminerdi?

Illuminerdi?
?

I went and did a bit of digging on if the Russel Crow stuff could be legit or not. The guy who gave that "exclusive" is a spanish comic book guy with a big following on Youtube. From what i saw he doesn't seem to be baiting people in with those fake casting announcements and he actually sounded legit. He just said that he knew RC was in it and nothing more, the rest was speculation... So take it with a grain of salt and let's whait and see.

I wouldn't be surprised if RC was in TLT since Taika is always bringing his name up as part of his usual banter and they seem to like and admire each other work. Also RC is in Sidney.

RC is Australian...not unusual being in Sydney

I hope they use the music from Thor 1 during our introduction to Asgard and the ending of Ragnorok, it’s my favourite marvel theme.

ok, now you have my attention...

So whatever Lena Headey was doing in Australia, she doesn’t seem to be doing it anymore because she apparently traveled back home.

It’s still in question if she’s actually in TLT or not. I guess we’ll get confirmation one way or the other sometime down the line.

Last edited:
Alright, 2 months of filming done and we're about midway through.
I thought it would be fun to do a recap of what we saw and what we might expect to see in the second half of filming.

- As expected we saw the Guardians together with Thor, the Guardians and a Thunderstrike looking Thor where seen in an alien planet.
- Matt Damon and some more well known faces where confirmed to be joining the cast as the asgardian theatre troupe.
- 2 big outdoor sets where built, 1 as an alien planet and another as New Asgard.
- Looking at the creatures, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder where spotted as well as female Miek. We also saw some unknown aliens.
- Some rumored and unconfirmed big casting additions.
- Tessa/Valkyrie in a suit and Natalie/Jane in normal clothing both spotted filming.
- Looking at the amount of time they spent filming, the Guardians have a small size role while Sif has a decent size supporting role.

Some of what we haven't seen yet and could be in store for the upcoming weeks.

- A first look at Christian's Bale Gorr.
- A look at Thor, Jane Foster and Valkyrie in battle armour.
- A look at Korg and a few new different characters and creatures/aliens.
- Maybe some new outdoor sets. Buildings, structures, worlds...
- Some new cast members confirmations.

Alright, 2 months of filming done and we're about midway through.
I thought it would be fun to do a recap of what we saw and what we might expect to see in the second half of filming.

- As expected we saw the Guardians together with Thor, the Guardians and a Thunderstrike looking Thor where seen in an alien planet.
- Matt Damon and some more well known faces where confirmed to be joining the cast as the asgardian theatre troupe.
- 2 big outdoor sets where built, 1 as an alien planet and another as New Asgard.
- Looking at the creatures, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder where spotted as well as female Miek. We also saw some unknown aliens.
- Some rumored and unconfirmed big casting additions.
- Tessa/Valkyrie in a suit and Natalie/Jane in normal clothing both spotted filming.
- Looking at the amount of time they spent filming, the Guardians have a small size role while Sif has a decent size supporting role.

Some of what we haven't seen yet and could be in store for the upcoming weeks.

- A first look at Christian's Bale Gorr.
- A look at Thor, Jane Foster and Valkyrie in battle armour.
- A look at Korg and a few new different characters and creatures/aliens.
- Maybe some new outdoor sets. Buildings, structures, worlds...
- Some new cast members confirmations.
I don't think we will be seeing Gorr for a long, long time unfortunately due to the character being CGI.

Multiverse of Madness seems to be filmed entirely in production studios and we haven’t seen a single photo of this.
I suspect the same for the scenes in L&T were Gorr is included

Today...

ExZufwFU4AMt5xy

Chris Hemsworth and wife with Jeff Goldblum, Russell Crowe at footy

See if you can spot all the familiar faces...

Last edited:
Today...

ExZufwFU4AMt5xy

See if you can spot all the familiar faces...

So that basically confirms that we're gonna take a trip to Sakaar.

And Natalie's there too!

EDIT: I didn't even recognise Russell Crowe at first with that beard!

So that basically confirms that we're gonna take a trip to Sakaar.

And Natalie's there too!
Or we’ll find The Grandmaster somewhere else. Yep NP is also there, as was Tessa Thompson and Russel Crowe which adds more fuel to those early reports that he might be in the film.

Last edited:
Or we’ll find The Grandmaster somewhere else. Yep NP is also there and Russel Crowe which adds more fuel to those early reports that he might be in the film.

I could see The Grandmaster wanting revenge on Thor for overthrowing his dictatorship on Sakaar, and in particular wanting to recapture Korg, Miek and the other escaped slaves. Maybe he even helps out Gorr?

Given how hilarious he is, it's easy to forget that The Grandmaster is a seriously evil dude, so teaming up with another villain is definitely something I could see him doing.

I could see The Grandmaster wanting revenge on Thor for overthrowing his dictatorship on Sakaar, and in particular wanting to recapture Korg, Miek and the other escaped slaves. Maybe he even helps out Gorr?

Given how hilarious he is, it's easy to forget that The Grandmaster is a seriously evil dude, so teaming up with another villain is definitely something I could see him doing.
Exactly. And he has a connection with Beta Ray Bill who was, at one point, one of his prized champions in Sakaar. So that’s also a way of bringing BRB into the fold, maybe The Grandmaster recruits him as some sort of bounty hunter to go after our heroes.

Omg, this confirms Russel Crowe.
Wonder if he really is Zeus or mother god

Exactly. And he has a connection with Beta Ray Bill who was, at one point, one of his prized champions in Sakaar. So that’s also a way of bringing BRB into the fold, maybe The Grandmaster recruits him as some sort of bounty hunter to go after our heroes.

if they go that route o introduce BRB...ManThing ain’t far away. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe (lol)

Omg, this confirms Russel Crowe.
Wonder if he really is Zeus or mother god
Its also worth mentioning that Russel Crowe owns one of the râguebi teams in that match they where attending. But yeh I do think that there’s plenty of clues pointing to his inclusion in the cast.

Also someone online mentioned that he could even play Old King Thor. Wouldn’t that be something special... OKT is one of my absolute favorite versions of Thor.

yeah, but OKT should be played by Chris Hemsworth as well, imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"