Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

82aede83de05b4ceacfe448772ff24ce.gif

Maybe Miek is Valkyrie’ queen...

Seems like they are going to film some action scenes in that asgardian circular set.

Last edited:
So more parody of thor’s parents dying. Taika is making fun of the two moments of sadness for him with his mom and now dad dying.

I dunno man. This style isnt for me. Ill wait for the next director up to do thor and see what he can do. I was slightly excited when gorr got announced with christian bale but clearly its gonna be a joke as well.

So more parody of thor’s parents dying. Taika is making fun of the two moments of sadness for him with his mom and now dad dying.

I dunno man. This style isnt for me. Ill wait for the next director up to do thor and see what he can do. I was slightly excited when gorr got announced with christian bale but clearly its gonna be a joke as well.
You don’t have to be into it. Like there’s plenty of people that aren’t into the new goth “silver tape” version of Batman. It is what it is.

Where was his mom even mentioned? Putting on a play for Asgardians showcasing how their Allfather of CENTURIES died (which they didn't witness) is probably something the people would like to know. Theres not even a hint of Comedy in the set pics.

Someone is on the case... :D

I hope that the Age of Ultron cave vision of Thor and Heimdall in Hel comes true. Hela wants to keep Thor there. Thanos is in love with Hela who doesn't love him back.

We'd also get cameos from Jeff Bridges, Colm Feore, Christopher Eccleston, Lee Pace, James Spader, Frank Grillo, Made Mikkleson, Kurt Russel, Michael B Jordan, Corey Stoll, Gemma Chan and everyone who played a Black Order character even if they don't get any lines. Aaron Taylor Johnson and Karl Urban both return and help Thor escape Hel and come back to life.

I hope that the Age of Ultron cave vision of Thor and Heimdall in Hel comes true. Hela wants to keep Thor there. Thanos is in love with Hela who doesn't love him back.

We'd also get cameos from Jeff Bridges, Colm Feore, Christopher Eccleston, Lee Pace, James Spader, Frank Grillo, Made Mikkleson, Kurt Russel, Michael B Jordan, Corey Stoll, Gemma Chan and everyone who played a Black Order character even if they don't get any lines. Aaron Taylor Johnson and Karl Urban both return and help Thor escape Hel and come back to life.

200.gif

Those headlines are somewhat misleading. I was hoping to actually see Nat in her costume.

But it's definitely cool to get our first look at her, and it seems to basically confirm what I said earlier that Jane's probably gonna visit New Asgard early on. Maybe she has some kind of reaction when she comes into proximity of Mjolnir's remains and that's what we're seeing here?

I would've loved to see this two-time Oscar nominee actress with a proper role in the MCU. Too bad it's only a cameo.
What if her role is not episodic? Or will people like it so much that it will then be expanded into other films or shows? You can expect everything from the Marvels ...:cool:

I saw an article somewhere online that made the interesting point that they clearly aren't trying to make Jane look ill or sickly here, which kinda makes me think that she doesn't have cancer after all. Or at least, that she doesn't have it when these scenes are taking place.

Natalie Portman transforms into Chris Hemsworth's Norse god character during filming in Sydney | Daily Mail Online

A few takeaways from this last batch of behind the scenes pictures:

- Looks like the asgardians built a structure in honor of Odin. They built it on the cliff and surrounded the rock where he last sat with Thor and Loki. The overall structure is composed by what looks like and altar to that rock and a big circular square with a "marble bowl" (covered in a glass dome) in the middle of it.

- Because the location where Odin died and Mjolnir was destroyed is the same, one can assume that the hammer remains are likely inside that bowl.

- Jane Foster seems to be possessed by what's inside the "marble bowl". A scene that looks almost similar to when Malekith took the aether from Jane Foster in TDW.

- There's, what seems like, an asgardian military force unlike the Einherjar. Their clothing is earthly looking almost like a special forces unit with tactical gear. Their weaponry is composed not only by the traditional spears, swords and shields but also by technologically advanced guns.

- This asgardian special unit seem to be guarding the bowl. Whatever happens to Jane Foster sends a shockwave that throws that unit off their feet.

- Valkyrie wears a black suit while riding her white/grey horse(could be her pegasus).

it’s not creepy - Starlord had alien girlfriends too

Im feeling some serious deja vu here... I love most things Taika has created, including Ragnarok being one of my MCU faves, and yet what I see and hear about the production so far makes me somewhat cautious and unsure

but at least this time I can keep repeating the mantra “In Taika we trust”.

if I haven’t seen Ragnarok I would sceptical if it’s not not going too far and be too weird.
But after seeing Ragnarok and JoJo I have 100% faith in that guy

Deja vu of what?

Deja vu of the feelings I had before Ragnarok... taika proved me wrong then, so Im hopeful he pulls it off here. Only difference is I dont care for the Jane character, either in the movies or the comics

Deja vu of the feelings I had before Ragnarok... taika proved me wrong then, so Im hopeful he pulls it off here. Only difference is I dont care for the Jane character, either in the movies or the comics

Ok, I see.

Same here, but I love Natalie Portman and think she’s a great actress (besides the Thor films yet).
Taika will give her a great development and story

Filming indoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"