Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

sorry, I don’t get it

It’s a scene from Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Gina, on her high school reunion, said that she’s a film scriptwriter (she isn’t). She’s faking a phone call there.

There's two ways... one, Marvel is trying to change things during filming or two, Marvel is calling to praise what they're already doing.

EnormousBouncyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

why? has production stopped in Australia?

why? has production stopped in Australia?

Because like most MCU movies, most of the filming is done indoors in studios rather than real sets, so the chances of many more set photos are minimal.

What's more, we already know pretty much the entire cast for the movie, so there isn't a whole lot more to find out. That is, until we get that first teaser (hopefully at Comic-Con in July).

Because like most MCU movies, most of the filming is done indoors in studios rather than real sets, so the chances of many more set photos are minimal.

What's more, we already know pretty much the entire cast for the movie, so there isn't a whole lot more to find out. That is, until we get that first teaser (hopefully at Comic-Con in July).
I’m hoping for a few more set photos. It’s fun to check and debate some of that stuff. I could see them having more sets built close by and even some on location shooting.

Oh I think there’s plenty more cast members we don’t know about. Also alien worlds, aliens, creatures, costumes... I think that before the Teaser drops we’ll likely see quite a bit more info related to the movie. Set pics, casting announcements, set visits articles, official pictures, merchandise stuff...

I’m quite surprised they haven’t announced one last big name casting because I’m almost positive there would’ve been one more. Or is that Damon? Assuming he’s not playing the Loki actor.

We haven’t gotten anything from Shang Chi or Eternals which are next up. Gonna be a long time before we get something official from this.

no not at all

I’m quite surprised they haven’t announced one last big name casting because I’m almost positive there would’ve been one more. Or is that Damon? Assuming he’s not playing the Loki actor.
I also expect a few more relevant names to be announced. For example, whoever is playing/voicing BRB(providing he’s in this) is probably gonna be a big name because I can see them using the character in the MCU future.

I’m still skeptical that Matt Damon would be returning only for the asgardian actor role. I guess they could make something funny with Matt Damon, Sam Neill and Luke Hemsworth as asgardian actors leaving on a flat on earth... but I would prefer if it was something else.

It could be a location for New Asgard.

EDIT: Looks like they set up shop in a golf course in NSW Sidney. Seems like the “The Coast Golf and Recreation Club”.

Last edited:
Now it clearly looks like we’re going to have another asgardian theatre play and by the background painting and that rock on set it very much looks like they’re going to redo the death of Odin scene from Ragnarok which would makes sense since Thor(Luke Hemsworth), Loki(Matt Damon) and Odin(Sam Neill) are the same asgardian actors. I guess they could even feature Hela(Lena Headey ?)too since she showed up right after.

Also that circular asgardian set is very much alike the asgardian circular square from Ragnarok. So we are following some of the same beats from before which kind of makes sense... that they would create something similar to what they had in Asgard, just that now it’s less opulent and more subdued.

Circular asgardian square from Ragnarok with similar looking arches seen atop of the stairs in the Ragnarok set and still being built in the New Asgard one.

thor_set_3.jpg

latest

main-qimg-c42445c739ec270e45b29062458a4e47

Last edited:
I love the Asgardian play, long may it continue. :hehe:

Idris Elba in the house.
He’s in Australia filming another movie but that doesn’t mean he can’t be, in some capacity, in TLT too... Seems like he’s showing up in the Loki series so...

EvSRiB0XAAIwP8H

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if we have the first look behind the scenes at Jane Foster, Valkyrie, Sif... in that new set being built. Similar to that first look we saw with Thor and some of the Guardians.

I'm a little surprised that Valkyrie would be holding a play though, since she doesn't strike me as being someone who would be into that sort of thing...

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if we have the first look behind the scenes at Jane Foster, Valkyrie, Sif... in that new set being built. Similar to that first look we saw with Thor and some of the Guardians.

Maybe Jane arrives in New Asgard while everyone is watching the play, like when Thor returned to Asgard in Ragnarok?

I saw someone theorizing online that the building could be another Bifrost structure. To me it looks a similar version to the asgardian square in Ragnarok but when you look at the middle of this new structure there’s something missing, could very well be a Bifrost sort of thing like the one that Heimdal’s sword connected too.

Now Heimdall is dead and his sword is gone so I wonder what’s going on there. Thor had Stormbreaker to summon the Bifrost so I guess it has to be something else then. Could they’ve found and retrieved Heimdall’s sword?

EvRWY3LWgAksFkk

Idris Elba in the house.
He’s in Australia filming another movie but that doesn’t mean he can’t be, in some capacity, in TLT too... Seems like he’s showing up in the Loki series so...

EvSRiB0XAAIwP8H

My goodness... Chris is a BEAST!!

Thanks @HammerDown for all the work digging up these photos and keeping up with the news. It's fun to see everything, but at the same time as I'm trying to keep my hype down because the release of the film is so far away (and I guess still not certain) so I'm not being all that active myself yet. I can still give credit where credit is due though.

Speaking of the Bifrost and Stormbreaker, it will be interesting to see how they handle the new weapon in L&T. It was built up as such a powerful weapon in Infinity War but in Endgame I can't say that I noticed it being anything special. I hope that we get Stormbreaker and Thor himself in their full glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"