Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I seriously doubt Thor is going to walk around in that outfit for the whole movie. I think that's just his Guardians outfit. It looks like something Quill would wear so maybe it used to belong to him. I'm actually most surprised to see Kraglin there. I didn't expect to see him again until Vol. 3. I knew Sean Gunn was there for filming but I figured that was just to do his usual on set Rocket mo-cap stuff.

Exactly. Wasn't he sporting up to three different outfits in the last movie, one of which was an Earth-based "casual look?" I could be wrong, but I get the sense that what we're seeing here is merely an updated/different take on that.

main-qimg-fa40ea29ee30df60d603167eec988d45

Seeing the set photos makes want to see this even more.

Also, I get it. For some of you, if Taika’s brand of storytelling and humor isn’t your thing, I understand. But if all you saw in Thor Ragnarok was him making fun of and poking at the mythology and characters with silly jokes, to be perfectly frank, you missed the point and some of the deeper subtext of the film. I’m not saying it’s Kubrick or Welles, but it has some interesting stuff to say.

The fact that people are disappointed or frustrated they didn’t get their epic, serious Lord of the Rings-style fantasy film that treats the mythology of Thor super seriously “like it should be” makes me want Waititi to lean even more and go further into the 80’s, sci-fi goofiness. Frankly, I’m really tired of too much self-seriousness in comic book films catered to fans that have a misguided and naive understanding as to what constitutes as “SeRiOuS”.

Also, we already have an epic fantasy film series; it’s called “The Lord of the Rings”.

Exactly. Wasn't he sporting up to three different outfits in the last movie, one of which was an Earth-based "casual look?" I could be wrong, but I get the sense that what we're seeing here is merely an updated/different take on that.

main-qimg-fa40ea29ee30df60d603167eec988d45
Yep he had 3 different outfits in Ragnarok. The roadworn look which he uses predominantly in Muspelheim, the causal earth look and the Sakaarian gladiator one. I’m expecting something similar to happen in TLT.

rs_600x600-171020123519-600.thor-ragnarok-4.102017.jpg
Ragnarok-Chris-Thor-Hemsworth-Denim-Jacket.jpg

c99b871ea48bdcaa24e246229d14b254.jpg

On the other hand I think Marvel and Waitiki recognizes some critical aspects of Ragnarok like the unfunny joke 2 seconds after Asgard destroyed and will not repeat those mistakes.

I think its a bad idea going into L&T expecting Waititi to leave out the dark humor. The "foundations are gone" line followed by weeping Asgardians was met mostly by uneasy silence in my movie theater. Which I suspect was the reaction Taika was going for.

They tried doing the serious mythology thing with the first one and Dark World. While I enjoyed them, clearly the Ragnarok resonates more with the wider audience.

Seeing the set photos makes want to see this even more.

Also, I get it. For some of you, if Taika’s brand of storytelling and humor isn’t your thing, I understand. But if all you saw in Thor Ragnarok was him making fun of and poking at the mythology and characters with silly jokes, to be perfectly frank, you missed the point and some of the deeper subtext of the film. I’m not saying it’s Kubrick or Welles, but it has some interesting stuff to say.

The fact that people are disappointed or frustrated they didn’t get their epic, serious Lord of the Rings-style fantasy film that treats the mythology of Thor super seriously “like it should be” makes me want Waititi to lean even more and go further into the 80’s, sci-fi goofiness. Frankly, I’m really tired of too much self-seriousness in comic book films catered to fans that have a misguided and naive understanding as to what constitutes as “SeRiOuS”.

Also, we already have an epic fantasy film series; it’s called “The Lord of the Rings”.

It makes me sad that people regard Ragnarok as nothing but jokes. Yes it's a funny movie, but it also has heart and pathos. People act as if comedy and emotional storytelling are mutually exclusive but that's ridiculous. Just because a comedy returns to being funny after having a sad scene doesn't ruin the impact of the sad scene. Odin's death is very powerful in my opinion. The fact that the movie tells jokes after Odin's death doesn't change that for me.

I an honestly kinda shocked that thor fans like taika’s take on him. Personally dont like it. Like that looks nothing like thor and I can just imagine the amount of self degrading jokes they will be doing to make thor be dumb.

Even more scared to see how they are going to do Gorr. Like you had potential to make thor a complete badass like in infinity war but they keep pushing him into this weird idiot that has no brain and keeps making jokes.
They had to balance out Thor with the rest of the original 6 in Endgame. Cap was barely in IW so makes sense he had more moments to shine and it was RDJ’s last movie. Hulk was the one who got the most screwed across both movies.

Hemsworth has said the only reason he is still interested in playing Thor is because of Taika. Making Thor more humorous is something Hemsworth actually wanted and he loves Taika's improve style.

Here is Empire's interview with Hemswoth about Taika and Thor

What is it you tap into about Taika’s sensibility?

I’ve been a fan of Taika’s from the moment I saw Boy. His storytelling captures the unique quality of adventure, humour and heart, and that’s exactly what Thor needed a healthy dose of. He was the perfect fit.

When did you first meet him?

I’ve hunted him down six years ago after seeing his films and set up what felt like a very awkward first date. He wasn’t quite sure what I wanted but we hit it off and acknowledged the awkwardness and had a good laugh about it. I was on true stalker form.

You wanted to switch things up with Thor — how did Taika respond to that and develop it?

We got on the phone and talked about what we did and didn’t like about Thor, which was kinda hilarious. We had the same vision and passion for what it could be. We then discussed at length what we loved about the comics and the Marvel Universe and things that did work for the character, then started our quest to expand and explore those things further and ingest a greater sense of vulnerability. I think the humour came from not giving into the restraints or clichés of a superhero, and trying to make him far more human and have relatable emotional struggles. The moment a character becomes all-knowing and wise, there’s not really anywhere to take them. We wanted to have him be so far out of his element and remove a lot of his powers [so] that we forced out a different version of the character.

How did it feel to do so much improvising in a Thor film?

Incredibly freeing. I’d kinda felt creatively that I locked myself into something and was limited in what I could do with the character. The improvisation forced you to throw out any preconceived notion of where the scene was gonna go, because often the improv suggestions from Taika were bat**** crazy. So I had no choice but to derail the previous version of the character which mostly ended in us cracking up and losing the scene altogether, which was so much fun. I think once you’re given the confidence or go-ahead to just have fun and take risks, all of that stuff just organically grows in a beautiful way. The idea of Hulk and Thor sitting on the edge of a bed and discussing their feelings is not only ridiculous but hilarious, and was one of my favourite sequences. The whole shoot was just a festering pool of creativity and fun banter which birthed a lotta fun moments.

As much as I'd love to see more of the Simonson influence, I'm glad to see Taika put his own stamp on it. It's akin to a comic writer putting their own stamp on their run. It's unique and does its own thing but is still Thor. Better Taika sticks with his strengths than trying to force something for its own sake.

That being said, there's so much you could do with Thor that I wouldn't mind a TV show. What we've seen is the tip of the iceberg.

Love that Thor is getting his due but I really want Marvel to give Hercules some love and respect.

why that crying smiley - I think it’s awesome, if everyone has a mount. Valkyrie probably on that Pegasus again

That crying smiley is like the “OMG YASSSS” one. :cwink:

I‘m sure, there‘ll be some payoff. The MCU takes those transitions between movies very serious.

It really looks like the same hotel and she's doing quarantine. Also check out the weights in the corner... everyone else in the cast who's staying at these hotels during quarantine have also been getting training gear. Not to mention that both Jaimie Alexander and Lena Headey are interacting with each other. She also used the hashtags, #thebiglebowski #quarantineday5

it’s a big city and they shoot probably other projects in Australia. I wouldn’t draw a connection here at the moment

Don't wanna get my hopes up in vain but i would love to see her in this. She's freaking incredible.
She wanted to work with Taika on the What We Do In The Shadows series a while back, so there's another piece of the wishful thinking puzzle...

Apparently Karen Gillian also liked her post.

IF Lena Headey is indeed in TLT and IF the rumors are correct then I could see her being cast as Abigail Brand. Green eyes, arms tattoos, strong female character, leader type...

Cersei's coming to challenge Valkyrie for the throne of New Asgard!

Headey being in this would just make me even more excited to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"