Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Let's be honest, this movie will be 100% comedy with a lot of meta jokes just like Ragnarok, there will be no darkness, no seriousness, and these things can only resonate when there is room for them to breathe, and we know Waititi will diminish all those moments right away with some stupid jokes.
Let’s be honest you don’t care or give a flying f about this project and are just here to rock the boat.

Let’s be honest you don’t care or give a flying f about this project and are just here to rock the boat.

Ok, so let's be honest, you like everything about this project and I don't like the fact that Waititi pushes jokes everywhere, every dialogue, every minute must contain a cheap joke or a quip, it annoys me because I like Thor, I love the concept of Jane with mjolnir and Gorr but I know this will not be taken seriously and we will get the same kind of humor like "we have a serious scene, there is tension, suddenly the music turns off and the characters begin to shout over each other, we get awkward looks and reactions ... 3 ... 2 .. 1 ... ok, back to the movie and the story."

Chris Hemsworth - “The film is gonna be bat**** crazy off the wall funny and might also pull a heart string or two. Lots of love, lots of thunder!”

Taika Waititi - "It's very different from Ragnarok," he told the magazine. "It's crazier. I'll tell you what's different. There'll be far more emotion in this film.”

Tessa Thompson: "It's very funny and very touching."

Talk is cheap. Every new marvel movie is the best marvel movie yet, the most funny, the most emotional, i'm numb at this type of statements. Of course they say the same thing because they want to sell the movie and i judge what i know from the previous movie.

If Love & Thunder turns out to be different than I will admit my mistake, but at the moment it's just a talk, humor will be the basis of this film, not emotions or the story itself.

I can see both sides tbh. I loved the spectacle and fun and (some of the) humour but certainly feel there were times it was overdone. Asgard destruction / Korg being the perfect example.

Was Ragnarok we got the one I wanted (dark, apocalyptic)? Nope.

I thoroughly enjoyed what we got though. I do hope Waititi hits more of a balance this time. Hemsworth I feel might be a closet comedian so I hope he keeps that part under control too hahaha

For the record I unabashedly loved this type of interaction in Ragnarok where there’s that playfulness and unpredictable quality. I find it so damn funny/endearing, for example when Thor asks Banner if he wants revenge and he responds that he’s undecided. That litle nod Thor gives him right after, like alright I take it as a yes then… :D Cracks me every time.

Is it a bit awkward and random? Yes and I love it just the way it is.

That goes for the interaction between Doctor Strange and Thor in the Sanctum Sanctorum. The electronic letter bit.

The banter between Thor and Hulk with Valkyrie in the mix. More of this sort of fun and lighter hearted interaction instead of the the usual plain exposition.

This type of funny dialogue and interaction. If I get more of this type of stuff balanced as well with some more dramatic and heartfelt moments then I’ll be a happy camper. :yay:

Ragnarok is the most rewatchable MCU film for me. Is it the best one? Probably not. Is it the most important one? Certainly not. But it might be the most fun of all (Infinity War or Homecoming being a close second), there isn't one skippable scene. And sometimes pure fun is exactly what a movie should be.

Ragnarok is the most rewatchable MCU film for me. Is it the best one? Probably not. Is it the most important one? Certainly not. But it might be the most fun of all (Infinity War or Homecoming being a close second), there isn't one skippable scene. And sometimes pure fun is exactly what a movie should be.
Completely agree.

Could we possibly get a trailer late October, early November to be attached to Eternals?

Could we possibly get a trailer late October, early November to be attached to Eternals?

That would be way too early. Remember, IW/EG both came out in late April of 2018/2019 and we only got their first teasers in late November

Judging by that, I wouldn't expect to see L&T's first teaser before then. Maybe around mid-December? So I'd say it's more likely for L&T's trailer to be attached to MoM, which would be the optimum way to build hype since there's only just over a month between the two movies (March 25 and May 6).

Last edited:
One thing we can absolutely be sure of is that this flick will follow the flat-pack MCU formula to the letter.

That would be way too early. Remember, IW/EG both came out in late April of 2018/2019 and we only got their first teasers in late November

Judging by that, I wouldn't expect to see L&T's first teaser before then. Maybe around mid-December? So I'd say it's more likely for L&T's trailer to be attached to MoM, which would be the optimum way to build hype since there's only just over a month between the two movies (March 25 and May 6).
We will be getting a trailer with Spider-Man in December. No doubt about that in my mind.

One thing we can absolutely be sure of is that this flick will follow the flat-pack MCU formula to the letter.

So what exactly is the MCU formula? Don't the vast majorities of movies stay close to, basically, the same formula? Two of my favorite SH movies are Iron Man and Batman Begins and I see a lot of similarities in the structure of those movies.

Last edited:
Apparently this episode will be chock-full of cameos and easter eggs. We already saw The Grandmaster, Korg, Topaz, Jane Foster… I bet it will hint at a lot of stuff related to TLT.

”I don’t know anything about horse gods”

i-see-what-you-did-there-steve-carell.gif

Watching the fight between Thor and Captain Marvel in the newest episode of What If..? really makes me wish that at some point we could get a fight with live-action Thor similar to that. I'd love to see him summon a tornado again, and fight in mid-air while flying as well.

I'm not saying I want a Man of Steel rip-off. But at the same time, I do wish that MCU Thor wasn't always fighting on the ground. Like, he can fly. It's one of his abilities. So why shouldn't he use it in combat? And we should also see him use more of his other elemental powers besides just lightning.

Here's hoping for L&T, I guess?

Lisa Marra also worked on these MCU movies:
- Infinity War
- Avengers: EG
- Captain America: CW
- Captain America: TWS
- Captain America: TFA
- Black Widow
- Iron Man 3

Last edited:
The visual effects teams are working on TLT as we speak. I saw a tweet from someone working on the project.

I’ll go ahead and guess he’s geeking about:
C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n B-a-l-e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"