Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I enjoyed Thor 2 and would definitely watch a director's cut.

But yeah, never happening.

I would be interested in seeing that, but Marvel doesn't do director's movies, I mean director's cuts :o

@HammerDown do you think we will get our first look at L&T on November 12?
I think we might get some form of first look but not necessarily a Teaser Trailer.

In terms of the MCU release schedule there’s a couple of projects ahead of TLT and Marvel will likely focus on those first. A few things we’ll see first before TLT:
- Spider-Man: NWH Official Trailer
- Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer

If I had to guess I would say that they will probably release the Spider-Man: NWH Official Trailer just before the Eternals hits theaters on November 5th. Probably mid October.

The Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer I think will come out on November 12th with the D+ event.

And before Spider-Man: NWH hits theaters on December 17th I think we’ll finally see the Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser Trailer.

I think we might get some form of first look but not necessarily a Teaser Trailer.

In terms of the MCU release schedule there’s a couple of projects ahead of TLT and Marvel will likely focus on those first. A few things we’ll see first before TLT:
- Spider-Man: NWH Official Trailer
- Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer

If I had to guess I would say that they will probably release the Spider-Man: NWH Official Trailer just before the Eternals hits theaters on November 5th. Probably mid October.

The Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer I think will come out on November 12th with the D+ event.

And before Spider-Man: NWH hits theaters on December 17th I think we’ll finally see the Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser Trailer.
Awesome, always love reading your posts and great insights.

Yeah. Early December is when I'd expect L&T first teaser to arrive. That gives a five-month marketing campaign, which is normal for an MCU movie.

I enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok, but in terms of Taika Watiti movies, it's not in my top three of his movies. The top three are (in this order) Jojo Rabbit, What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. For those upset that the two Thor movies have too much humor, obviously you've never seen any of Taika's other works outside the MCU. His sense of comedy from his smaller films works is evident in Thor Ragnarok.

Yeah. Early December is when I'd expect L&T first teaser to arrive. That gives a five-month marketing campaign, which is normal for an MCU movie.
eXciting we are getting a trailer for Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse and Thor Love and Thunder before the end of 2021.

eXciting we are getting a trailer for Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse and Thor Love and Thunder before the end of 2021.

I'd imagine so, yeah. I can't see them leaving L&T's trailer until January, given that it comes out in early May.

I just remembered that November has another noteworthy date in regard to possible trailers.
12th November = Disney+ Day
19th - 21st November = D23

I've said previously that the D+ day could be a good platform to launch the Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer.
D23 could also be used to premiere the Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser Trailer. Either then or early December.

I just remembered that November has another noteworthy date in regard to possible trailers.

I've said previously that the D+ day could be a good platform to launch the Doctor Strange: MOM Teaser Trailer.
D23 could also be used to premiere the Thor: Love and Thunder Teaser Trailer. Either then or early December.

That's a good point. Spreading out the trailer releases is probably the smartest thing to do.

Late November is a perfectly reasonable time for them to release it. That would give L&T a full five month (Dec 2021-April 2022) marketing campaign, which is similar to what Eternals is getting.

Last edited:
7 months until release date.

d50b004760e4238858ffe5a510c42b24b27bdc2a.gifv

Cast:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Christian Bale - Gorr the God Butcher
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Taika Waititi - Korg
Jeff Goldblum - The Grandmaster
Chris Pratt - Star Lord
Vin Diesel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket
Karen Gillian - Nebula
Dave Bautista - Drax
Sean Gunn - Kraglin
Pom Klementieff - Mantis
Matt Damon - Actor Loki
Sam Neill - Actor Odin
Luke Hemsworth - Actor Thor
Melissa Mccarthy - Actress Hela
Russell Crowe - Zeus
Idris Elba - Heimdall

RUMORED:

Lena Headey
Isla Fischer
Brie Larson
Liam Hemsworth

Oooh I was wondering about D23. Yeah we'll probably going to get a boatload of new stuff from that.

I was going to say anyway, if the first teaser drop date for Eternals is any indication, we'd be getting a Thor: Love and Thunder teaser somewhere around November 22. If it was more like when they dropped Shang-Chi's first teaser then it would be around December 20.

What a day if we get both!

Oooh I was wondering about D23. Yeah we'll probably going to get a boatload of new stuff from that.

I was going to say anyway, if the first teaser drop date for Eternals is any indication, we'd be getting a Thor: Love and Thunder teaser somewhere around November 22. If it was more like when they dropped Shang-Chi's first teaser then it would be around December 20.

All that could change though if the IATSE strike goes ahead and brings everything to a halt for an extended period. As we know, these movies are getting worked on right up until the day of release, so I'd imagine L&T still has a long way to go.

Hopefully the threat of a strike is enough to get the studios to back down and make the basic concessions demanded of them.

Last edited:
All that could change though if the IATSE strike goes ahead and brings everything to a halt for an extended period. As we know, these movies are getting worked on right up until the day of release, so I'd imagine L&T still has a long way to go.

Hopefully the threat of a strike is enough to get the studios to back down and make the basic concessions demanded of them.
Very good point. We gotta watch that closely.

I'm wondering and thinking maybe we won't get our first teaser until Doctor Strange 2 in March...

I'm wondering and thinking maybe we won't get our first teaser until Doctor Strange 2 in March...

No way in heck would they leave it that late. L&T only comes out 31 days after MoM. That would be a ridiculously short marketing campaign.

Only way we won't see that teaser before year's end is if the IATSE strike goes ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"