Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

FGVemhAXsAYL3F7
Damn beautiful piece of work that. Jane Thor looking awesome too.

Here’s a slightly better and more centered look at the poster. Unfortunately the colours are a bit darker. I wish they would release a HD version of the poster since photos of the poster are all over the internet now.

FGV8BJDWYAQ5E3P

Last edited:
Slightly surprised we didn’t see Gorr but they might be saving the best for last. Like this first look has more of a wild, fun, rock n’roll sort of vibe and I think when Gorr shows up things will get really dark, really quick… Knowing the comic book source material and some other details about the project I anticipate genuine sadness and heartbreak coming our way when Bale’s Gorr takes center stage. It won’t be all fun and games that’s for sure.

Slightly surprised we didn’t see Gorr but they might be saving the best for last. Like this first look has more of a wild, fun, rock n’roll sort of vibe and I think when Gorr shows up things will get really dark, really quick… Knowing the comic book source material and some other details about the project I anticipate genuine sadness and heartbreak coming our way when Bale’s Gorr takes center stage. It won’t be all fun and games that’s for sure.
Absolutely. I have a strange feeling we might get some merchandise leaks soon.

Last edited:
So is Jane's hammer literally the same hammer from the previous Marvel films reconstructed after Hela destroyed it? All the cracks in it make it look like all the pieces of the previous hammer were welded back together.

So is Jane's hammer literally the same hammer from the previous Marvel films reconstructed after Hela destroyed it? All the cracks in it make it look like all the pieces of the previous hammer were welded back together.
Yeh it’s the same Mjolnir. I don’t think it’s welded together though, just some magical shenanigans going on there, I wonder if it somehow mirrors Jane Foster’s health.

Based on this leaked set footage, it looks like Jane has some kind of reaction after coming into contact with the shards of Mjolnir, and that's what probably results in it reforming itself:

Yep totally legit. It lines up perfectly with the stuff we saw from behind the scenes. It’s official art maybe made for merchandise advertising.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t Thunderstrike, it’s just our Thor hanging out with the Guardians after End Game. He wields Stormbreaker and wears an outfit more in line with the GOTG style, definitely inspired from the Thunderstrike look from the comics.

Also it seems we’re about to get the most accurate comic book look at Thor yet with the red, blue yellow… Incredible to see it in the MCU.

Yeah, no you're right. It looks way too official to be fan-made.

That poster awakened my hype again. I've tried to keep it low since there's so much time left until the film comes out but with every significant bit of info like that I'm going to fall back into it again.

It's a cool look for Thor that feels both familiar and new. The red, blue and gold automatically makes me think of MCU cosmic stuff, so it's appropriate. Jane looks good as well, looking as could be expected if you merge the MCU Thor look with the Jane Thor costume in the comics. Awesome to see the goats make their entry into the films.

Based on this leaked set footage, it looks like Jane has some kind of reaction after coming into contact with the shards of Mjolnir, and that's what probably results in it reforming itself:

I am wondering why Jane is in Norway in the first place.

I am wondering why Jane is in Norway in the first place.

I guess she could just be sight-seeing. The concept art that Taika teased a while back showed that New Asgard has become a tourist attraction.

Given that Gorr the God Butcher is the villain of the movie, it could be kinda cool if they show in the movie that some people on Earth in the post-Blip world have started worshipping the Asgardians as gods like the Vikings did in the past. Then Gorr shows up determined to slaughter all of these false gods and free humanity from their "oppression".

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning that this poster is more for merchandise purposes and not the real/official poster.
A breakdown of the promo art poster:

- From the top: In the background we have the colors of the bifrost and what looks like New Asgard buildings, to the right there's "Thunderstrike" wielding a lightning charged Stormbreaker into battle. Through the middle we have a background of outer space filling the inside of Jane Foster's Thor helmet and Valkyrie wielding her sword Dragonfang while riding her pegasus Aragorn into battle. Next to Valkyrie there's Jane Foster Thor with her traditional helmet, lightning eyes, armour and she's wielding a shattered version of Mjolnir. In the upper left corner we have Stormbreaker.

- In the middle: We have Thor with the lightning eyes and in his new/regal looking armour with all the classic comic book Thor colors, red, blue and yellow/gold. Next to Thor we have Korg in his new armour, with the goat belt buckle and the fur shoulder mantle, he's holding his blaster staff and he seems to have a mustache which could just be just the way the shadow hits the rocks in his face. To the right we have Jane Foster's Thor silhouette of her face and helmet and lightning eyes.

- On the bottom: There's Thor, Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie and Korg aboard a viking space ship. Pulling the ship we have Thor's magical goats, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder. In the right bottom corner we have the shatter version of Mjolnir being held together by what looks like some sort of power/energy.

FGWNE_AVkAAFa5X

Last edited:

So I guess everyone in this film is going to be absolutely jacked, huh? Not that I’m complaining. :O

Is Korg sporting a “mustache”? :funny:

If this poster and everything we’ve heard so for about this film is anything to go by, this is going to be absolutely bugnuts ****ing bonkers in the best way possible.

So I guess everyone in this film is going to be absolutely jacked, huh? Not that I’m complaining. :O

Is Korg sporting a “mustache”? :funny:

If this poster and everything we’ve heard so for about this film is anything to go by, this is going to be absolutely bugnuts ****ing bonkers in the best way possible.

We'd expect nothing less from Taika.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"