Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

To put a nice tidy bow on this whole thing i'll say this. As explained above that poster wasn't official, but i've heard from legit people that the art in it is indeed real. The poster itself is most likely promotional art done in poster form for merchandise purposes.

Now i theorize that since it showed quite a lot quite early and it was perceived by alot of people like an official thing, they had to put the breaks on all of this by issuing some sort of disclaimer. As we all know an official poster is normally perceived by a trailer and where simply not there yet with TLT because Doctor Strange: MOM still has the priority since t's next in line regarding MCU's release schedule.

Now it's just a matter of time and it won't take long now until we get confirmation on the accuracy of that imagery/art through upcoming merchandise leaks and eventually the first official poster and Teaser Trailer.

Last edited:
To put a nice tidy bow on this whole thing i'll say this. As explained above that poster wasn't official, but i've heard from legit people that the art in it is indeed real.

The depictions of Thor, Jane and Valkyrie all certainly look consistent with what we saw on that t-shirt that was given to the crew.

And we also already knew that Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder were in this.

Now it's just a matter of time and it won't take long now until we get confirmation on the accuracy of that imagery/art through upcoming merchandise leaks and eventually the first official poster and Teaser Trailer.

Hopefully no more than 2 months away from that first teaser!

RG0BS1U.gif

It’s a merchandise poster hence the busy look. Most likely all of those elements in the poster will be turned into some sort of toy/merchandise. I for one loved this first look at the characters and creatures. Hats of to the comic book accuracy/colours of the costumes and I think Thor’s magical goats will be a lot of fun. :D

RG0BS1U.gif

It’s a merchandise poster hence the busy look. Most likely all of those elements in the poster will be turned into some sort of toy/merchandise. I for one loved this first look at the characters and creatures. Hats of to the comic book accuracy/colours of the costumes and I think Thor’s magical goats will be a lot of fun. :D

Also, its obviously all based on official concept art, so we can officially confirm that this is our first chance to see how the characters will look in the movie!

You know what's really wild about that poster? It's that it only features a glimpse of what to expect.
There's a ton of stuff we haven't seen or even heard of yet.
- Gorr The God Butcher
- The Guardians of the Galaxy
- Sif
- The Grandmaster
- Miek
- Zeus

Plus other gods, return of old characters, new characters/planets/alien races/creatures...

You know what's really wild about that poster? It's that it only features a glimpse of what to expect.
- Gorr The God Butcher
- Sif
- The Grandmaster
- Miek
- Zeus

Plus other gods, return of old characters, new characters/planets/alien races/creatures...
Haha, this film is overloaded with awesomeness, just the way I like it.

- Gorr The God Butcher
- Sif
- The Grandmaster
- Miek
- Zeus

L&T is gonna give No Way Home a run for its money as "biggest solo movie of Phase 4".

To put a nice tidy bow on this whole thing i'll say this. As explained above that poster wasn't official, but i've heard from legit people that the art in it is indeed real. The poster itself is most likely promotional art done in poster form for merchandise purposes.

It's just one of those posters sold at Walmart using whatever visuals they're given at the time. Sort of like those fugly Marvel tin signs you see at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. The actual posters will hopefully not look like total crap.

Looking at the poster/art/whatever made me realize for some reason- its gonna be weird to have a Thor movie without Loki.

There’s rumors that the Doctor Strange teaser trailer could be dropping as a post credit scene for Spider-Man:NWH. We should get confirmation soon enough. If that drops in December then I think the likelihood of the TLT teaser Trailer being released in January increases considerably.

Once we get that DS:MOM teaser I think we get and even better idea of when to expect the teaser for TLT. Right now, late January or early February seem like solid guesses.

L&T is gonna give No Way Home a run for its money as "biggest solo movie of Phase 4".
Yeah once people start focusing on everything that’s in this film after the buzz of NWH & MoM have passed they’re going to realise how crazy/awesome this film is going to be too.

Looking at the poster/art/whatever made me realize for some reason- its gonna be weird to have a Thor movie without Loki.
Loki has been great but it’s about time IMO. Can allow focus to all the other supporting characters and meanwhile he gets his own show.

Marvel had 4 movies coming out in less that 6 months in 2021 and I think that impacted their usual trailer release strategy which meant less time between the trailers and the movie release dates. In 2017, 2018 and 2019 they released 3 movies per those years and the same will happen in 2022.

I have a feeling Marvel is going to go back to their usual marketing format next year with a bigger gap between trailers and release dates. Now let’s have a look at that marketing strategy and what I think it could mean for TLT.

2014 - GOTG - Teaser Trailer = February 20th / release date: August 5th
2015- Ant-Man - Teaser Trailer = January 7th / release date: July 17th
2017 - SM: Homecoming - Teaser Trailer = December 8th / release date: July 7th
2018 - Ant-Man 2 - Teaser Trailer = January 30th / release date: July 6th
2019 - SM: FFH - Teaser Trailer = January 15th / release date : July 2nd

So between 7 to 5 and a half months from the release date the teaser trailer would drop. Hence why I’m still leaning towards a January release date for TLT’s teaser trailer since the movie is coming out July 8th.

The Batman Tops IMDb's Most Anticipated Films Of 2022 List
IMDb has released its most anticipated of 2022 lists, and The Batman landed the #1 spot for the movies. IMDb determines its list of the most anticipated titles by the actual page views of the more than 200 million monthly visitors to IMDb. This exclusive and definitive data is derived from the IMDbPro movie and TV rankings, which are updated weekly throughout the year. The full list of 2022's most anticipated movies is as follows:
1. The Batman
2. Scream
3. Thor: Love and Thunder
4. Top Gun: Maverick
5. Killers of the Flower Moon
6. Jurassic World: Dominion
7. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
8. Mission: Impossible 7
9. Uncharted
10. The Flash

Knowing what we know now i think we'll get a Teaser Trailer soon... inside 50 days.
In January, maybe late January or at the latest early February. Either way not that far off.

Here's speculation based on some research:
- Thor will be the most powerful he's ever been in TLT. At the start of the movie he'll be at the level he was in IW but towards the end Thor's power will reach new heights, he will not only play but look the part of King of Asgard as well with the regal red, blue and gold armour which will have a total of 8 "disks" in his armour instead of the usual 6 he had throughout the MCU.

- Jane Foster will become Thor but she won't carry the mantle moving forward. I have a feeling that Jane Foster's story will be a one off sort of thing, pretty much condensing her storyline from the comics and tackling all the beats from the beginning to the very end.

- Grandmaster will turn out to be a celestial being. The Collector and the Grandmaster are brothers and Elders of the Universe in the comics along with Ego the Living Planet. In the MCU the Collector and the Grandmaster are also brothers and their lifespan is the same of Ego... "millions of years old".

- Beta Ray Bill will wield Stormbreaker. Once Thor get's Mjolnir back he'll pass Strombreaker on to its rightful owner and deem BRB worthy of wielding such a weapon.

Last edited:
- Jane Foster will become Thor but she won't carry the mantle moving forward. I have a feeling that Jane Foster's story will be a one off sort of thing, pretty much condensing her storyline from the comics and tackling all the beats from the beginning to the very end.

I agree that they likely won't make Jane the "new Thor" going forward long term. However, I can see them leaving the door open at the end of this movie for her to wield Mjolnir again if there is a positive reception to her portrayal in L&T (and assuming Portman wants to come back for more films).

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY.

What's up guys? It's been years since I've been here. Took some time off. Summer of 2018, I spent 3 months in the hospital recovering from Guillian Barre Syndrome, life caught up. Ol' jaqua met a woman, 3 years later, is now engaged life is settling back down.

I've missed you guys, and certainly have missed some details regarding Love and Thunder.

Any of you all remember me? I'd love to wiggle my way back into this community here.

I checked back:
The last July MCU release, Ant-Man & Wasp (not counting Spiderman HC and FFH because its marketed by Sony) got its first teaser on 30th of January 2018.
So I do expect the first teaser for L&T around this time, probably on Valentines Day

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see if Groot has aged at all. I'm assuming he has and he will look different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"