Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perlmutter is gone from Marvel.

NY Times - Disney Lays Off Ike Perlmutter, Chairman of Marvel Entertainment
Disney confirmed the move. Mr. Perlmutter, 80, was told by phone on Wednesday that Marvel Entertainment, a small division centered on consumer products and run separately from Marvel Studios, was redundant and would be folded into larger Disney business units, according to two Disney executives briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive personnel matter.
Since then, Mr. Perlmutter’s future at Disney has been a topic of water cooler debate inside the company, with most employees concluding that his days were numbered. On Wednesday, Disney also laid off Rob Steffens, co-president of Marvel Entertainment, and John Turitzin, chief counsel for the division.

This could have ramifications on the comics side.

Last edited:
DeadPool-Applause.gif

Oh thank the lord Ike Perl is done, hopefully.

Considering he was backing the attempt to force the conservative activist investor onto the board, I somehow doubt he is done. Done with direct influence, sure. But he is going to continue to use his role as shareholder to try and influence things.

Adult Swim!? :wow:

Better than nothing, I guess. Not necessarily a great fit, imo, but they have run other action related shows before

Perlmutter is gone from Marvel.

NY Times - Disney Lays Off Ike Perlmutter, Chairman of Marvel Entertainment

This could have ramifications on the comics side.

I mean, he's laying off 7000 people. Of course Marvel Comics is going to be affected.

I’m glad that you could put the comforting hand on @BoredGuy shoulder…and then you can both be wrong together. :D

I love Logan and First Class

LOL,

Don't get me wrong, anybody with sense could see that they're both great movies. But Logan is more so the best 'Wolverine' movie to me, and 'First Class' felt like an Elseworlds with all the choices they made. I never could get into their reinterpretation of Mystique.

Yeah technically Logan isn't an "X-Men" movie but to me it's the best movie to come from the whole Fox franchise. If we're talking strictly X-Men movies it's a toss up between DOFP or First Class depending on the day.

Precisely Driz. I personally would also add X2 up there with DOFP and First Class.

It’s worth pointing out that while the Clayface most are familiar with is a shapeshifting blob, the original Golden Age version(named Basil Karlo) was a serial killer with a mask and that’s likely the version Reeves will be inspired by for his take on the character.

Last edited:
Totally out of left field but I'd love to see some "classic" directors take on CBMs.

I know many consider the genre 'beneath' them but I'm betting the following would create CINEMA if they were to sign on for some of our beloved characters:

Martin Scorsese - Batman
David Fincher - Spawn
Quentin Tarantino - Punisher
Denis Villeneuve - Avengers
Guillermo del Toro - Midnight Suns
James Cameron - Defenders
Kathryn Bigelow - Daredevil
Peter Jackson - Champions
Spike Lee - X-Men
David Cronenberg - Swamp Thing
Ava DuVernay - Supergirl
John Carpenter - The Authority
Steven Spielberg - Superman

giphy.gif

It’s worth pointing out that while the Clayface most are familiar with is a shapeshifting blob, the original Golden Age version(named Basil Karlo) was serial killer with a mask and that’s likely the version Reeves will be inspired by for his take on the character.

I always liked Clayface, so love it!

I've been begging for Clayface as the next villain for years. So, I'm either going to be through the roof or incredibly disappointed by how that is going to go. Very scared :funny:

Hmm, don’t know what the point of doing Clayface is unless he’s the clay-monster. If he’s just going to be a serial killer just use Zsasz or some other character who couldn’t potentially be visually interesting to use.

Clayface is an interesting choice. Loved the TAS version:

tumblr_mljljj7yHF1qfr6udo1_400.gif

Batman has the greatest rogues gallery. We've haven't even scratched the surface.

I have a feeling Reeves grounded take might disappoint some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"