Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, don’t know what the point of doing Clayface is unless he’s the clay-monster. If he’s just going to be a serial killer just use Zsasz or some other character who couldn’t potentially be visually interesting to use.

I actually agree.

We just had a non-powered classic Batman villain as Fincher-esque serial killer with scary mask in The Batman.

Having a non-powered Clayface basically playing a similar character trope would feel like a retread, albeit one that fits snugly into Reeves' aesthetic for his version of the Bat-Verse...

C'mon Matt. You've made movies about giant Kaiju, child vampires, and talking apes. This is BATMAN we're talking about here, for crying out loud!

Give us the more fantastical version of Clayface, it won't kill ya :D

Still think it's a mistake to have two different Batman film franchises co-existing at the same time.

And this is the crux of it. I agree with you and I'm sure Gunn & Safran do too...

As I've said here before, I believe The Batman 2 will sadly be the last we see of Reeves' version of the character. I'm sure the film is only moving forward because it's too far along in pre-production to cancel. Same situation with Phillips' Joker sequel probably...

Gunn can go on about Elseworlds projects all day long, but WBD doesn't have limitless resources. How many films a year can they realistically produce? Will Gunn really want two Batman franchises running concurrently?

I know it's not likely but I'm crossing my fingers that The Batman 2 does over $1 billion internationally. That way WBD may force Gunn & Safran to scrap their Batman and weave Reeves' version into the new DCU :cwink: :up:

I actually agree.

We just had a non-powered classic Batman villain as Fincher-esque serial killer with scary mask in The Batman.

Having a non-powered Clayface basically playing a similar character trope would feel like a retread, albeit one that fits snugly into Reeves' aesthetic for his version of the Bat-Verse...

C'mon Matt. You've made movies about giant Kaiju, child vampires, and talking apes. This is BATMAN we're talking about here, for crying out loud!

And this is the crux of it. I agree with you and I'm sure Gunn & Safran do too...

As I've said here before, I believe The Batman 2 will sadly be the last we see of Reeves' version of the character. I'm sure the film is only moving forward because it's too far along in pre-production to cancel. Same situation with Phillips' Joker sequel probably...

Gunn can go on about Elseworlds projects all day long, but WBD doesn't have limitless resources. How many films a year can they realistically produce? Will Gunn really want two Batman franchises running concurrently?

I know it's not likely but I'm crossing my fingers that The Batman 2 does over $1 billion internationally. That way WBD may force Gunn & Safran to scrap their Batman and weave Reeves' version into the new DCU :cwink: :up:

I may be completely wrong about this, but I don't think Gunn's Brave and the Bold will happen, at least not any time soon. In fact, I don't think Superman: Legacy is going to start some huge universe either. Like you mentioned, WBD does not have unlimited resources and combine that with the fact that the company's financial position is not good as is, and I believe there will be more talk about projects than actual films being released

I’m glad that you could put the comforting hand on @BoredGuy shoulder…and then you can both be wrong together. :D

I love Logan and First Class

I loved Logan too, but I get where Shaw's coming from
But nah, First Class was a visually stylish turd. So sorry. ;)

Keep shuttin’ ‘em down, Jimmy.

Logan Lerman right now

awkward-smile-freddie-highmore-pxkjoiq88fscsd53.gif

Just throwing darts at a board listing names of white actors with dark hair, it seems.

I actually agree.

“You've made movies about giant Kaiju, child vampires, and talking apes” - well when you put it like that. :funny:

As for Batman II being the last, I choose to ignore any potential realities and dream that we are still getting a nice helping of Reeves films, would be happy with 5, thanks. :D

Quality beats out fatigue IMO. If we'd had The Batman come out just before TDK would people have had a Quantumania fatigue type reaction to TDK? And that's with 2 somewhat similar versions of the same character which doesn't need to happen between Battinson and DCU Batman.
I agree however, blame the release window/HBO Max, or coming off the DCEU Batman, but I feel the Batman should have done better.

I'm pretty much watching anything Flanagan (which counts for more given I'm absolutely not a horror guy), and I never expected Clayface to be getting his due like this. Always had a soft spot for the character.
I think Growing Pains was one of top Season 4 episodes of BTAS.

Joe and Anthony reading this saying
View attachment 63697

But keep talking Alonso… I’m here for the messiness.

[looks at their post MCU movies]
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that....

I mean, come on guys, this isn't anything new. Does no one remember what the first potential director for Black Widow said about their conversation with Marvel. Marvel handles the action.

This is just textbook DV abuser-victim dynamic.

Yeah, how the **** do you get strangulation injuries from grabbing a phone. As usual, domestic violence is very, very messy.

His lawyer put that out? I'm not sure that gives me the impression they think it does.

Probably going with the Johnny Depp strategy. Build up enough sympathy for Majors, to put more and more pressure to keep her from changing her mind.

Hobgoblin would be fun because you can play that as a "Whodunit" murder mystery like Ghostface in Scream.

I'd be open to taking liberties and not having it necessarily be Roderick Kingsley when they do adapt Hobby.

This is what I've been saying they should do for years, if they absolutely have to have a goblin. Ditch the entire Osborne angle entirely, and make the mystery of Who Is The Hobgoblin the centerpiece for a whole trilogy. All you need to do is introduce enough characters that its not immediately obvious in Movie 1 who will turn out to be the Hobgoblin in Movie 3.

Just because Reeves directed a couple of the Apes movies doesn't mean he wants that same kind of thing for his take on Batman. Simple.

And in this day and age where cape**** dominates the industry, I want these Batman films to feel as separate from those as possible. A gigantic poop monster would just be more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"