Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think it's a mistake to have two different Batman film franchises co-existing at the same time.
It is definitely awkward having two different versions of the same character competing with each other but as long as they’re different enough from each other it should be fine, and this is assuming Gunn is even able to bring fruition his DCU Batman fans, which remains to be seen as it really depends on whether or not Superman Legacy is a hit.

Still think it's a mistake to have two different Batman film franchises co-existing at the same time.
Dude is in too much demand! Multiple shows like Gotham, Gotham Knights and Titans all looking silly from having no proper Batman. Every film/show needs one. All DC films should be called Batman (featuring character X) :cwink::o

It is definitely awkward having two different versions of the same character competing with each other but as long as they’re different enough from each other it should be fine, and this is assuming Gunn is even able to bring fruition his DCU Batman fans, which remains to be seen as it really depends on whether or not Superman Legacy is a hit.
Go fantastical with DCU Batman. That would be different to Pattinson and we’ve also not really had it before. Superman Legacy is a win or bust. There won’t be any universe if that fails, even if the other films after it are great.

Go fantastical with DCU Batman. That would be different to Pattinson and we’ve also not really had it before. Superman Legacy is a win or bust. There won’t be any universe if that fails, even if the other films after it are great.
Superman: Legacy is probably the most important DC movie in terms of what’s at stake for the future after it.

Last edited:
It's okay. If it fails we can rest assured that the next parent company of WB will put the right people in place to enact the new 10 year plan that was different than the last three :o

Totally out of left field but I'd love to see some "classic" directors take on CBMs.

I know many consider the genre 'beneath' them but I'm betting the following would create CINEMA if they were to sign on for some of our beloved characters:

Martin Scorsese - Batman
David Fincher - Spawn
Quentin Tarantino - Punisher
Denis Villeneuve - Avengers
Guillermo del Toro - Midnight Suns
James Cameron - Defenders
Kathryn Bigelow - Daredevil
Peter Jackson - Champions
Spike Lee - X-Men
David Cronenberg - Swamp Thing
Ava DuVernay - Supergirl
John Carpenter - The Authority
Steven Spielberg - Superman

giphy.gif
Can't imagine the crazy fan reaction if this lineup was actually announced. :funny: The Hype might get busy again!

Dude is in too much demand! Multiple shows like Gotham, Gotham Knights and Titans all looking silly from having no proper Batman. Every film/show needs one. All DC films should be called Batman (featuring character X) :cwink::o
Batman-related series including movies is essentially the biggest issues with live action portrayals. If this was a comic, it's not a big deal to just have an artist draw in Batman. Now, you need someone with an older MCU contract requesting 6+ appearances.

Obviously Sony, has that issue with Spider-Man but just chooses on not using him in all their fantastic spin offs.

Batman-related series including movies is essentially the biggest issues with live action portrayals. If this was a comic, it's not a big deal to just have an artist draw in Batman. Now, you need someone with an older MCU contract requesting 6+ appearances.

Obviously Sony, has that issue with Spider-Man but just chooses on not using him in all their fantastic spin offs.
True, and it massively hurts their villain universe to make it an utter laughing stock (aside from Venom-voice which is the best thing ever).

Yeah, I still don't know how I feel about their being two ongoing Batman franchises which I'm sure is going to create some degree of fatigue when it comes to the character but as long as we are getting quality Batman films on both sides I guess I'm fine with it, but I don't want anything to mess with the Reevesverse right now.

The Clayface news is definitely interesting though and I'd love to see Mike Flanagan get a hold of that character or pretty much any horror-oriented character within the DC Universe, because that's what he's great at.

I've pretty much loved both animated incarnations of the character too from TAS to Harley Quinn and seeing that character on the bigscreen after all this time could be really cool IMO.

Just reading up on the mentorship program this was a part of, that's really cool of Sony to be doing. Great way to bring in up and coming creatives, and it's awesome to see them entrust them with telling a story with their marquee franchise.

Enjoyed Shazam 2 a lot. Real shame it's flopping and would take it over the likes of Love and Thunder and Quantumania anyday.

Levy was good again in the role despite him being a jerk lately.

Umm, isn't this movie supposed to start filming, like really soon?
Yeah, I think Harbour talked about it filming at the same time as ST5 which is supposed to start in May. This is the same thing they tried pulling with Blade.

Yeah, I still don't know how I feel about their being two ongoing Batman franchises which I'm sure is going to create some degree of fatigue when it comes to the character but as long as we are getting quality Batman films on both sides I guess I'm fine with it, but I don't want anything to mess with the Reevesverse right now.

The Clayface news is definitely interesting though and I'd love to see Mike Flanagan get a hold of that character or pretty much any horror-oriented character within the DC Universe, because that's what he's great at.

I've pretty much loved both animated incarnations of the character too from TAS to Harley Quinn and seeing that character on the bigscreen after all this time could be really cool IMO.
Quality beats out fatigue IMO. If we'd had The Batman come out just before TDK would people have had a Quantumania fatigue type reaction to TDK? And that's with 2 somewhat similar versions of the same character which doesn't need to happen between Battinson and DCU Batman.

I'm pretty much watching anything Flanagan (which counts for more given I'm absolutely not a horror guy), and I never expected Clayface to be getting his due like this. Always had a soft spot for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"