Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 5 Spoiler Thread

This series is mid, I've never seen Rebels or TCW and its stupid that I have to watch two cartoons I never cared for to understand wtf is going.

If you don't want to watch Rebels in it's entirety, New Rockstars on YouTube does great breakdowns of each the seasons.

IMHO this was the best looking episode of the series so far. Everything looked better this week in terms of lighting, cinematography, the depth and immersion of the shots.

I know this one was shown in theaters, so is that the reason? Did they save all their money for this episode?

I think the problem is a lack of consistency and not all the episodes looking as good as this one, and it shows.

But either way, yeah loved this week's episode.

This.

I love Ahsoka for what it is… and I love Andor for what it is.

I can listen to Charli XCX and Radiohead.

Do all of you mostly eat one meal, drink one drink, and wear one shirt everyday? Variety is good, this might but have some plotting issues… but Filoni is giving us the grand operatic SW ****. While Andor have us the methodical personal SW ****.

They’re both fun to watch.

You know I really like Andor, and I get why it got a lot of critical acclaim. At the same time, there were a few things about it that bothered me that I think could've been done better.

For one thing, it makes no sense for the Empire to have a humans-only prison in a galaxy filled with humanoid aliens. Some of those prisoner extras should've been non-humans. It made some of those scenes and scenarios less immersive to me.

I also couldn't stand the scenes with the guy and his mother. They were way too indulgent. There's absolutely no reason why Andor shouldn't have wasted this guy, other than we needed to see him get fired and being treated to bureaucratic hell for being an utter jerk and scumbag.

Andor was good, and Ahsoka isn't Andor. IMHO that's a good thing. It's good if shows are different and bring different things to the table. Not all Star Wars shows should have a feeling of sameness, otherwise, what's the point?

If you don't want to watch Rebels in it's entirety, New Rockstars on YouTube does great breakdowns of each the seasons.
Luckily, I have two teenage boys to fill me in on the backstory since I haven’t watched either animated series.

Clone Wars, especially, like, post season 3, is absolutely worth it, a great show and not that "kiddie"
The Bad Batch continues it and is also pretty dang good imo

but yeah I could never get into Rebels because it definitely skewed younger, and the style/animation is pretty bad

The flashback scenes just don't look good to me. You can make something a bit dreamlike with an actual goddamn set, not just a few pieces of furniture and a smoke machine.

The flashback scenes just don't look good to me. You can make something a bit dreamlike with an actual goddamn set, not just a few pieces of furniture and a smoke machine.
This is how I felt, too. Nothing at all to really distinguish between the first scene and the Siege of Mandalore. It's honestly just sad at this point how much they hyped up the "endless possibilities" of The Volume and then this is all we get...

But even besides the weak design, the whole WBW sequence felt hollow. The show's primary problem has been it doesn't really seem to have a grasp on what Ahsoka's arc is. And so her "lesson" here is a big, vague "nothing-burger." And it was way too short & interrupted. No reason to keep cutting back to Hera and Jacen.

Overall, I've mostly enjoyed the series, but this episode didn't work for me.

Well for me this series is just going from strength to strength with each episode. I loved this one, loved seeing some of Ashoka's past as I haven't seen much of CW or Rebels. Loved seeing Anakin. As someone who never thought Hayden was a bad Anakin and was a rather good one I am loving his Resurgence as the character.

I also love the sense of wonder Filoni brings to this universe. It's something that has been missing in most SW material since Disney acquisition but this show is bringing it back for me.

Nice as it was to see all of this episode's nostalgic content, having yet another story about a main character working through personal issues to regain lost faith and focus is really starting to drag.
I seem to be in the minority on this. I like these characters, and a little bit of psychological stuff is okay, but the introspection that Star Wars puts its characters through reminds me of that episode of The Flash where Barry had a crisis of confidence and needed a pep talk from his team to regain his effectiveness. (It also reminds me of Star Trek's over-reliance on romantic plots.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"