Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 5 Spoiler Thread

And I reiterate, what guilt has been mentioned before this episode?

Throughout the season Ahsoka brought up her ditching Sabine years before, and leaving Anakin behind right before he fell to the Dark Side. I recall she specifically confided with Hera where she spoke on having good intentions but still it resulted in bad consequences and questioning what she can do.

Looking outside the series, in Mando and Book of Boba Fett, she doesn't have an issue with Grogu being trained however she herself refuses to do it due to Grogu's attachment reminding her of Anakin. Live action Ahsoka has been carrying the weight of past "failures" and has been in a way running from certain things that remind her of her trauma.

That's what happen when you have a slow crawl of a show that has nothing to say.

I don't know if I share that take. Is it that people want to see Thrawn already? I thought the pace has been fine.

I suppose I can understand that the show doesn't have anything different to say other than the same messages that Star Wars has had for a large portion of its run.

Throughout the season Ahsoka brought up her ditching Sabine years before, and leaving Anakin behind right before he fell to the Dark Side. I recall she specifically confided with Hera where she spoke on having good intentions but still it resulted in bad consequences and questioning what she can do.

Looking outside the series, in Mando and Book of Boba Fett, she doesn't have an issue with Grogu being trained however she herself refuses to do it due to Grogu's attachment reminding her of Anakin. Live action Ahsoka has been carrying the weight of past "failures" and has been in a way running from certain things that remind her of her trauma.
None of which makes sense with how Rebels ended. Which is why there is an inherent disconnect and a need to explain with aspects that don't really fit the narrative they're trying to tell.

I'll also say, that while Obi-Wan is far from great, one might even argue good, it does handle the concept of PTSD, failure, and a legacy of violence better then this. It's the same for TLJ and Kanan on Rebels. It's weird to argue Ahsoka is carrying this all around when she's just slicing and dicing all over the galaxy.

God how I yearn for the days when Star Wars were fantasy adventures, and not... whatever this is? A mix of fanboy "remember this?" and scenes of absolutely nothing happening.

Spoiler tag just for a Tweet for mobile users. But I use it not to single out someone I don't know, but as an example since I've seen this sentiment a lot. I bring it up because I'm genuinely surprised for the praise of the visuals in this episode. The whole show has been pretty blah in that regard, but shots like this feel too "remember, it's Vader!" than something interesting. I actually think the earlier edit between Anakin and Vader marching is a much stronger concept, marred unfortunately by the choice to cover the flashback visions in so much smoke that it was ugly to look at.

None of which makes sense with how Rebels ended. Which is why there is an inherent disconnect and a need to explain with aspects that don't really fit the narrative they're trying to tell.

I'll also say, that while Obi-Wan is far from great, one might even argue good, it does handle the concept of PTSD, failure, and a legacy of violence better then this. It's the same for TLJ. It's weird to argue Ahsoka is carrying this all around when she's just slicing and dicing all over the galaxy.

I don't think I'm weird for arguing that but ok. I'll just go then.

I don't know if I share that take. Is it that people want to see Thrawn already? I thought the pace has been fine.

I suppose I can understand that the show doesn't have anything different to say other than the same messages that Star Wars has had for a large portion of its run.
I mean, I always want to see Thrawn but I'd much rather hang with Hera and Sabine. The issue is a lack of progress in terms of story and character over the minutes spent. A key part of laying out a story is to make each of these beats feel natural.

One of the reasons people have a lot of issues with the Anakin flashbacks is this is a game of show, not tell. There is a lot of killing time on this show.

Spoiler tag just for a Tweet for mobile users. But I use it not to single out someone I don't know, but as an example since I've seen this sentiment a lot. I bring it up because I'm genuinely surprised for the praise of the visuals in this episode. The whole show has been pretty blah in that regard, but shots like this feel too "remember, it's Vader!" than something interesting. I actually think the earlier edit between Anakin and Vader marching is a much stronger concept, marred unfortunately by the choice to cover the flashback visions in so much smoke that it was ugly to look at.

None of which makes sense with how Rebels ended.

Last we see of Ahsoka in Rebels (not counting Sabine's monologue at the end of the show) she's mostly telling Ezra not to interfere with the past but we don't really know where her headspace is at. She just came to terms that Anakin really was Vader. I could buy that over the years she's allowed that wound to fester.

Also her hacking and slashing things up doesn't mean she can't be racked with guilt when it comes to letting people down or fearing she may set them on a downward path.

Not trying to change anyone's minds but that's been my take.

And I reiterate, what guilt has been mentioned before this episode?
It happened in Clone Wars and Rebels. Like it or not those shows are required viewing for this series.

While I like Ahsoka a lot, in fairness, I don't think they're denying that Andor moves slowly but what the others are trying to say is Andor succeeds at filling its slow pace with many compelling facets, right down to tone, ambience, production values etc.

I never watched Clone Wars or Rebels, so some lore stuff is lost on me. But my bigger issue with the show is its boring. Feels like way too much filler and Ahsoka I found more compelling in Mando S2 than here. Kind of a boring character here. Just not overtly impressed with this show and kind of just looking at my watch waiting for Loki to arrive

I mean... yeah this isn't exactly hard to extrapolate since Manakin clunkily tries to explain it. It's not well done because it's barely explored enough beyond a couple of terrible lines of dialogue scattered throughout.
rumlXON.jpg

I'll also say, that while Obi-Wan is far from great, one might even argue good, it does handle the concept of PTSD, failure, and a legacy of violence better then this. It's the same for TLJ and Kanan on Rebels. It's weird to argue Ahsoka is carrying this all around when she's just slicing and dicing all over the galaxy.
Obi-Wan and Ahsoka don't have the same arc. Clone Wars, Rebels, and this show too call out that all she knows is fighting. It's not the exact same struggle, but a different darkness.

Slightly off topic, but I think season 3 of Mandalorian was good, just not good for the Mando show. It should have been it's own mini series staring Bo. I mean a mini series about Bo uniting the different clans to take back Mandalore?....**** yeah! I'd watch that.

As for Ahsoka I think it's rock solid not as good as Andor but still good. Episode 5 actually had me in my feels, it just did. Especially when I saw TCW Flashback, and Ahsoka comfort a dying clone trooper. How can you not be moved by that? Tbh all the D+ shows are hit or miss with me, even the first season of The Mandalorian. But Ahsoka has legitimately been the second best show for me behind Andor. And I didn't even like Rebels save for a few episodes. I'm still baffled by the love that cartoon got lol.

Andor is streets ahead of anything else Star Wars related
But I'd take Ahsoka over anything Sequel trilogy related, a majority of the prequels, and Solo, not to mention BoBF and Resistance
It funny, I enjoy most Star Wars content, even though I would not consider myself to be fanatical about it in any way. And I find a lot of the aspects of the ST and the PT to be likable. And I absolutely love Solo. But the only Star Wars related content that I’ve seen that I can truly say that I didn’t enjoy was Attack of the Clones, the Ewok films, the Droids cartoon and Andor.

I can totally see why some would enjoy Andor, but it wasn’t created for my escapist sensibilities. It just wasn’t what I am looking for in a Star Wars show. But more power to those people (like my wife) who enjoyed it.

This series is mid, I've never seen Rebels or TCW and its stupid that I have to watch two cartoons I never cared for to understand wtf is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"