Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 5 Spoiler Thread

You're actually in the majority if you look on social media. All I'm seeing on my timeline are people gushing about this episode. This thread is the only place that I've seen so far that has a reasonable reaction to this.
Twitter blast the fandom for stuff like this. The ones that cry at the sight of something they know.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this because I honestly somewhat despised the show itself I definitely think Hayden got better material to work with and gave a better performance in Obi-Wan.

Granted, I still don't understand why they continue to use bad de-aging CGI but at least I could see the potential he had in that show which could have been better utilized with better writing.

The weak direction didn't help either, but he came off so flat, bored and zoned out throughout a good majority of his scenes in this episode which I found to be super distracting IMO.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this because I honestly somewhat despised the show itself I definitely think Hayden got better material to work with and gave a better performance in Obi-Wan.

Granted, I still don't understand why they continue to use bad de-aging CGI but at least I could see the potential he had in that show which could have been better utilized with better writing.

The weak direction didn't help either, but he came off so flat, bored and zoned out throughout a good majority of his scenes in this episode which I found to be super distracting IMO.
I have no idea who his Anakin is suppose to be here. He isn't Anakin from the PT or the TCW. He's just some sort of weird Anakin stand-in. Which I don't get. Every time we get a character doing something like this in the past, whether it's Yoda, Obi-Wan, or Luke, they're just themselves.

I'm left to assume it's some kind of dream Anakin, because that's clearly not him from any point in time and doesn't seem like it's a ghost. Which confuses me as to why the World Between World was used for this sequence then when that's not its prior functionality, where instead it's doorways to points in time. Not to say it can't have a new function, but so little of substance was done with it that it didn't seem in any way distinguishable from a standard dream sequence.

Starting to get the impression that the story I was wanting/expecting to see from this show is being saved for S2. If even that. Which sucks. Now, I'm normally against judging a piece of media for not being whatever you wanted to see, but dammit, they're the ones who blatantly planted those expectations in the first episode. They're the ones who said, "there's a far off realm where we're gonna go to and find Thrawn and Ezra. Who knows what we'll find there." That's the setup THEY teased at the beginning of this story. And yet, 4 episodes, 3-ish hours later, we still haven't even f***ing gone there. I liked the final few minutes of this episode, but it also 100% felt like what the end of episode 2 should've been, not the end of episode 5.

I will say it was nice to get a young Ahsoka/Anakin flashback. But also, I didn't really get the point of it. Ahsoka confronting her self-doubt? Ok. That was...a lot of flashback for that. At first I thought that Anakin was The Son in the guise of Anakin because he was acting so weird, but then I decided that's just how Hayden chose to play TCW Anakin, since he never really got to play that guy. Either way, he was weird.

They need to NEVER take off Ahsoka's head piece again because their prosthetics don't sell her lekku's connection to her head lol.

Not a fan of their constant sidelining of Hera. It's like they find a new excuse for her to sit the adventure out every episode.

Definitely preferred last week's episode.

Kevin Kiner's still killing it, though!

7yykrq.jpg

Nice as it was to see all of this episode's nostalgic content, having yet another story about a main character working through personal issues to regain lost faith and focus is really starting to drag.

Baylan's story is the one that most intrigues me. What chain of events produces a brutal Dark Side user who retains a sense of sympathy? Such a character might do surprising things, and I really want Star Wars to surprise me.

*sees talk back on episode after watching*

View attachment 67842

View attachment 67841

Listen, I absolutely loved Andor. It’s my favorite project out of all of these made in the past 46 years bar none. So, I get the need to criticize and expect more from this franchise nowadays for not meeting that level of quality. Lord knows I’ve had my fair share these past few years. And I get a lot of the issues with this series specifically.

But, with my current physical condition the way it is nowadays, avoiding stuff that would stress me out and exacerbate my issues, I’m having to look for the fun and positivity anywhere I can. And, man, I got it this episode. I don’t know how to explain it, but I just did. I am normally down on this kind of stuff, but, this time, it just worked for me. Maybe I’m just in a particularly good mood today.

You guys are free to discuss and criticize the episode to your hearts’ content, but I think I am just going to avoid the Ahsoka thread from here on in. I can’t afford to take in stuff that’s just gonna cause me stress and affect my physical health negatively all the time.

I’m just…tired, man.

*sigh*
There's criticism, and there's being a bunch of pretentious snobs going out of their way to make every little issue into a big deal and actively killing the ability to discuss the show in a fun and engaging manner by repeating themselves a hundred times over, these threads are the latter. There's so little positivity here because why on earth would anyone enjoying the show come in here, see the conversation happening, and want to participate in this knowing that them and their opinions have already been written off as "unreasonable".

Last edited:
You're actually in the majority if you look on social media. All I'm seeing on my timeline are people gushing about this episode. This thread is the only place that I've seen so far that has a reasonable reaction to this.
Right because your opinion is the only one that's reasonable. :whatever:

I'm left to assume it's some kind of dream Anakin, because that's clearly not him from any point in time and doesn't seem like it's a ghost. Which confuses me as to why the World Between World was used for this sequence then when that's not its prior functionality, where instead it's doorways to points in time. Not to say it can't have a new function, but so little of substance was done with it that it didn't seem in any way distinguishable from a standard dream sequence.
Not a new function. It's like Yoda and Ezra in Rebels.

Is constant praise really better than constant bashing? I find both boring and grating.

Granted, this isn't the first time I liked something that Darth HATED, even more than he dislikes this show, so maybe I'm just innoculated.

Of course, the shows are all 2nd tier Star Wars to me behind the High Republic, so shrug.

Not a new function. It's like Yoda and Ezra in Rebels.
In Rebels, Ezra talks to Yoda and Yoda gives a little wave to Ahsoka. Presently still alive Yoda, basically doing a force phone call. If this is Anakin's ghost, okay, but again then I'm not sure why the choice to use the World Between Worlds as the vessel to portray that as it ultimately just played like a regular old vision.

Last edited:
Is constant praise really better than constant bashing? I find both boring and grating.
It comes from a different place though. As someone who has really been loving this show, I obviously to still have my nitpicks. Perfection doesn't exist. This show, like any others, having flaws is not the same as some of the joyless bashing though. I thought Andor was a brilliantly written show. This is a different part of Star Wars that I like for different reasons.

Unless I'm crazy, what's shown in Rebels is depicted like it's supposed to be Yoda talking. Like regular old, still alive Yoda who gives Ahsoka a wave at the end. Which is a very different thing than this, which is clearly not a regular Anakin, but some kind of dream/vision thing and not a tangibly still alive person. Now, maybe that's supposed to be Anakin's ghost, but the way they portrayed it played to my eyes more like it was just a regular ol' dream/vision and I'd appreciate some clarification from them on what they're trying to go for here, especially as the function left a lot to be desired narratively.
Yoda being alive is the only difference though. That was also a World Between Worlds type of conversation. I just read it as force ghosts aren't transparent in this place because we're not in the real world. We're inside the "force".

I will say it was nice to get a young Ahsoka/Anakin flashback. But also, I didn't really get the point of it. Ahsoka confronting her self-doubt? Ok. That was...a lot of flashback for that. At first I thought that Anakin was The Son in the guise of Anakin because he was acting so weird, but then I decided that's just how Hayden chose to play TCW Anakin, since he never really got to play that guy. Either way, he was weird.

They need to NEVER take off Ahsoka's head piece again because their prosthetics don't sell her lekku's connection to her head lol.

Not a fan of their constant sidelining of Hera. It's like they find a new excuse for her to sit the adventure out every episode.

I also just assume that's Hayden's terrible acting

And Ahsoka looked very odd without the head dress, but I thought it looked realistic enough... she looked like when you see someone who usually wears a wig NOT wearing their wig lol

Agreed on Hera though... how dare y'all sideline MEW??
"On the Next Episode of AHSOKA: While Ahsoka travels to a distant galaxy and confronts Thrawn, the Ghost gets a flat tire and Hera waits for a tow!"

Nice to get that flashback and good for Hayden, although no longer getting that wow factor of getting Luke in Mando.

Fun to watch but this show seems to be Journey to Thrawn and Ezra and they are taking so long to get there that they won't be able to make the most of Thrawn (who needs time to show how devious he can be).

And I will be honest, Dawson was making progress as Ahsoka with me this episode. Entirely undercut by Arianna Greenblatt as young Ahsoka,...
Finally felt like Ahsoka, or at least helps eases the transition.
Give Ariana Greenblatt Colón as young Ahsoka more flashback eps ...
1e489d72b2cfe76d1d99c1c7d20cc6b0507a3f11.gif

7z0ih9.jpg

Last edited:
Siege of Mandalore just looks like another random planet...

This is the ugliest episode of Star Wars television there has ever been. Everyone who talks about Filoni sucking was right....

At least Dawson isn't in a lot of this episode.
lol

*sees talk back on episode after watching*

View attachment 67842

View attachment 67841

Listen, I absolutely loved Andor. It’s my favorite project out of all of these made in the past 46 years bar none. So, I get the need to criticize and expect more from this franchise nowadays for not meeting that level of quality. Lord knows I’ve had my fair share these past few years. And I get a lot of the issues with this series specifically.

But, with my current physical condition the way it is nowadays, avoiding stuff that would stress me out and exacerbate my issues, I’m having to look for the fun and positivity anywhere I can. And, man, I got it this episode. I don’t know how to explain it, but I just did. I am normally down on this kind of stuff, but, this time, it just worked for me. Maybe I’m just in a particularly good mood today.

You guys are free to discuss and criticize the episode to your hearts’ content, but I think I am just going to avoid the Ahsoka thread from here on in. I can’t afford to take in stuff that’s just gonna cause me stress and affect my physical health negatively all the time.

I’m just…tired, man.

*sigh*
This.

I love Ahsoka for what it is… and I love Andor for what it is.

I can listen to Charli XCX and Radiohead.

Do all of you mostly eat one meal, drink one drink, and wear one shirt everyday? Variety is good, this might but have some plotting issues… but Filoni is giving us the grand operatic SW ****. While Andor have us the methodical personal SW ****.

They’re both fun to watch.

I thought the episode was alright, I didn't love it or hate it. I've been going into each one with an indifferent attitude anyway but the show feels like it's already in "we're stretching a 2 hour movie across 8 episodes so we have to pad the hell out of these" territory like many other Disney+ shows.

I enjoyed the Anakin/Ahsoka vision scenes. Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't think the de-aging looked that bad on Hayden. There were certain shots where he looked like his present age but I overlooked it anyway because between this and Obi-Wan I'm just genuinely happy that he's getting another chance to revisit the character. I also liked Ariana Greenblatt as young Ahsoka.

A minor takeaway from this (and some of the other Star Wars Disney+ shows) is how good the prequel clone armor looks when it's actually a tangible and real suit. Even when I was a kid watching AOTC and ROTS, I was bummed out that every clone in those movies was CGI. There was no reason why Lucas couldn't have had the costume department cook up a couple of costumes for some hero shots.

Yeah, the CGI didn't actually bother me at all this episode
Not nearly as much as his hair bothered me lol
But he looked good in the first flashback, with the shorter hair and the clone wars armor, he looked pretty BA

This.

I love Ahsoka for what it is… and I love Andor for what it is.

I can listen to Charli XCX and Radiohead.

Do all of you mostly eat one meal, drink one drink, and wear one shirt everyday? Variety is good, this might but have some plotting issues… but Filoni is giving us the grand operatic SW ****. While Andor have us the methodical personal SW ****.

They’re both fun to watch.
My favorite Star Wars "meal" is The Empire Strikes Back. Then it's The Force Awakens. I love the PT and ST. I love Solo, Rebels, TCW, and The Bad Batch. The Aphra and Vader comics have made me very happy. I'm not hard to please and Ahsoka isn't trying to be anything new or different for Star Wars that I've known and loved. The problem it's bad at what it's trying to be. It lacks the depth, good storytelling, characters, and filmmaking prowess of the actual "grand operatic SW ****".

I think it's super weird that you're stating Andor is the "personal SW" when that's exactly what Ahsoka is trying to be. But it fails as it's all surface level and lacks anything outside of recalling past scenes from superior films/shows.

When I think of good Star Wars, I think about how it brings story, themes, and characters all together with memorable performances, lines, scenes, fights, etc. I think of some of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. It produced emotions beyond, I remember that line or character. Ahsoka isn't doing that. Andor did. For all it does different, it also is just really, really, really good Star Wars. Just like The Empire Strikes Back was. Nothing on Ahsoka is approaching's this "operatic ****".

caf11a4835cb87da53b80a90f0da1af09b7f0b6f.gifv

62ccfb96faaa87820c39e1243d2a8df0c4dd7cc7.gifv

55f9722acb125453bacce94caf43c1bb5047e38f.gifv

f96304e186297944c20c4bd91c8e230e8b97229c.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"