Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Misogyny is inherently irrational, so I think it’s fairly easy to draw a line between irrational thoughts and irrational actions.
But I don't agree that irrational thoughts have to lead to irrational actions. That's what I question.

But I don't agree that irrational thoughts have to lead to irrational actions. That's what I question.

They don’t have to, but they often do. I don’t think it’s hard to see the correlation.

Misogyny is inherently irrational, so I think it’s fairly easy to draw a line between irrational thoughts and irrational actions.

Yep. Also, its not strictly speaking "irrational", in the sense that the underlying logic is "I hate women, and now I have an excuse and opportunity to exercise that hate". The justification may be flimsy, but it doesn't need to be persuasive, it just has to serve as a veneer to cover their actions. Sure, harassing this particular woman won't change the particular creative decision, but the idea that its about that provides just enough camouflage for the offender to feel safe about getting their jollies by being evil.

Trongate will be standing in as Gotham City for the upcoming #Batgirl film. The exterior filming will take place between January 5 and 25

I can visualize Batgirl on her Bat-Cycle zooming pass these buildings.

Trongate.jpg

Batgirl will be released in 2022 according to its filmmakers Instagram story:

FH8hNV5XwAUh7ds

Batgirl will be released in 2022 according to its filmmakers Instagram story:

FH8hNV5XwAUh7ds

I wonder if there’s any chance it comes out before the flash? Or is a december release most likely? I’m very keen for this movie mostly for Michael and Brendan, 2 of my favourite actors!

I can't imagine them releasing this before The Flash which will explain Michael Keaton's presence and the new dynamics of the DCEU.

Sounds like a December release.

The directors inspire little confidence in me. I really hope this is good.

If Robin is about to enter the DCEU, I’m going to be SO ****ING HYPED. MY NUMBER 1 character ever! This movie serves as the logical introduction to the character. Give me the Batfamily!!!!

If Robin is about to enter the DCEU, I’m going to be SO ****ING HYPED. MY NUMBER 1 character ever! This movie serves as the logical introduction to the character. Give me the Batfamily!!!!

Which Robin? I suppose if they do some course correction on the Snyder stuff, we could get our Dick/Babs relationship.

Gotta admit, it would be really cool to finally see Keaton’s batman with a robin. What I really want is a reunion between him and Michelle Pfeiffer’s catwoman though!

The fact that this movie is allegedly set during christmas time just makes me want it even more. This is probably their last chance to do it because I’m not sure how many more movies Michael Keaton will stick around for in a big role. I just need her to show up even if its a 5 minute cameo, please make it happen WB

Which Robin? I suppose if they do some course correction on the Snyder stuff, we could get our Dick/Babs relationship.
There were some leaks on Reddit (which may have been fake) that said Dick Grayson/Robin (not Nightwing) is in this

What annoys me about the Snyderverse cultists is that they seem to want to point at, blame and poke fun at everything and everyone under the sun (even Keaton) as to why the Snyderverse isn’t continuing, whilst also seemingly refusing to acknowledge the fact that ‘their’ Batman in Affleck wanted out and is most probably now at a better place in his life due to leaving it behind.

This is the direction that they (WB) have decided to go and they just need to let it go, get on with it, accept Affleck’s decision and stop being childish towards those (like Keaton) who are being brought in to help patch up the situation. It’s not fair.

What annoys me about them is that if your going to obsess over something why in gods name would it be the absolute **** that was Snyder's terrible DC films?

He made a crappy Superman movie where Clark Kent mopes around the globe before blowing up a city and killing a guy, he made a crappy Superman vs Batman movie where Superman barely appears in his own film and Batman seems to be getting his opinions from the tiny Tucker Carlson that lives in his head while the guy from The Social Network prats about the screen acting like he's either on too many drugs or not enough while claiming to be Lex Luthor despite the fact he seems more like Willy Wonka on speed than any version of Lex Luthor we've ever seen before and it all ends with a fight that ends because both their mothers had the same name and then they fight a World of Warcraft NPC and Wonder Woman puts in a two minute cameo which is still the only good two minutes of the whole film

And finally he managed to make a movie where Superman, Batman, The Flash and Wonder Woman coming together in a team alongside Aquaman and Cyborg to fight the God of Evil from space...is still somehow a dull joyless painful slog to get through

But on the bright side in the trailer he had the Joker Say The Thing so that made people who remember that meme happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"