Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

FHPwZPZVEAAE6Lj

Would have preferred Michael Keaton in a Batman Beyond movie mentoring Terry McGinnis

For this Batgirl movie it should have Ben Affleck or a recast

I have no idea where they go with this.
Is this then the Burton universe or some changed one due to Flashpoint?
What is the point...just to have this Tony/Peter kind of Dynamic with him being her "mentor"?

I dont understand WBs mindset with this.
Dont get me wrong, more keaton Batman the better...but you limit yourself with this.
Because unless you fully embrace more multiverse jumps, this will be Batgirls "main" batman, which limits you what you can do with Batgirl having an Old Bruce around.

I know that they dont plan for a big Superhero team up yet, but at one point you have to right?
At one point we need a Justice league movie.

At one point i want Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter etc in a team up in their prime.
Is that too much to ask? I dont think so.

So whats their plan here?
I really dont understand.
But i guess its as i always say, wait for Flashpoint and maybe then we have some kind of road map.

I see this as "Batgirl Beyond" and I'm sure it will make more sense once we see The Flash. Why is it so important to have a Justice League film? They've already done that and Marvel obviously owns that right now, separate yourself from the Team-Up, Paint by Numbers MCU and do something different.

These Snyderbros are getting out of control... the abolute nonsense they are spinning to support their tragic sense of reality is shocking and sad.

This millennial would have preferred an actual Batman Beyond with Terry McGinnis and Keaton, but I suppose the concept just isn't popular enough with the current generation. I'll always take more Keaton but these filmmakers better respect what Burton bought to the table all those years ago and not have Keaton doing anything out of character.

And to anyone moaning about Affleck... Move on! He wants out and you all need to get on with it.

These Snyderbros are getting out of control... the abolute nonsense they are spinning to support their tragic sense of reality is shocking and sad.

This millennial would have preferred an actual Batman Beyond with Terry McGinnis and Keaton, but I suppose the concept just isn't popular enough with the current generation. I'll always take more Keaton but these filmmakers better respect what Burton bought to the table all those years ago and not have Keaton doing anything out of character.

And to anyone moaning about Affleck... Move on! He wants out and you all need to get on with it.

Agreed with all of that, hopefully they keep Keaton IN Burton character and in that universe. I can't imagine Keaton would agree to this if his Batman was going to be way out of character from 1989 and 1992.

I could be wrong but I really feel (and hope) that this batgirl movie will be more of a sequel to the burton movies than they are letting on. The directors seem to be big fans of the Burton movies and I don’t get the vibe that this movie will feature endless references and cameos from other DC movies. It seems it will focus solely on Batgirls journey with Keaton as her mentor, and if this does end up being a semi-batman 3/ alternate Batman Beyond I’m fine with it so long as it’s done well.

I really hope the Gotham City has a burton aesthetic and I hope Keaton references his previous movies. A michelle pfeiffer cameo would also make me extremely happy haha

It would seem strange as a sequel to Batman and Batman Returns with a radically different Gordon. Unless we’re supposed to pretend Simmons is playing a recast Pat Hingle-Commissioner Gordon? Which, okay. I can handle recasts but he was already in the DCEU in Justice League.

Agreed with all of that, hopefully they keep Keaton IN Burton character and in that universe. I can't imagine Keaton would agree to this if his Batman was going to be way out of character from 1989 and 1992.
Yep, that's what people will be watching for.

It would seem strange as a sequel to Batman and Batman Returns with a radically different Gordon. Unless we’re supposed to pretend Simmons is playing a recast Pat Hingle-Commissioner Gordon? Which, okay. I can handle recasts but he was already in the DCEU in Justice League.

Batgirl is after Flash, so its possible that the timeline messing in Flash does mess with the Burton timeline a lot.
Or its some kind of mixed timeline altogether.

Oh look, they're harassing the actress on social media. Who really is surprised though? These people don't like Batman, they like Snyder.

Thats pretty clear.
Honestly, give me everything that gets rid of them, i take it.
The sooner these people leave the fandom, the better.
They offer nothing to the Fandom at all outside of their whining and barking, the more leave because they wont see any Batfleck...the better.
The nice people can stay, but im all for this turning the toxic one away from the DC fandom.

I would guess that after the Flash, in the new timeline, JK Simmons has always been Keaton’s Gordon and they’ve known each other for years.

I would guess that after the Flash, in the new timeline, JK Simmons has always been Keaton’s Gordon and they’ve known each other for years.

I think this is how it will go. He will just be the new gordon, keaton will recognize him as gordon, and they won’t really go too much further into it than that. For me it doesn’t mess with the burton timeline really at all because Gordon was barely even a character in those movies and he and batman had pretty much no connection whatsoever. Seems like a very minor retcon

My dilemma as well..

as far as i'm concerned there was no Jim Gordon in Burtonverse.

Flash either ends with aspects of the Burtonverse merging with the DCEU Earth, or Keaton's Batman just gets transplanted from his world. Maybe even explicitly because the DCEU's Batman bites it.

What annoys me about the Snyderverse cultists is that they seem to want to point at, blame and poke fun at everything and everyone under the sun (even Keaton) as to why the Snyderverse isn’t continuing, whilst also seemingly refusing to acknowledge the fact that ‘their’ Batman in Affleck wanted out and is most probably now at a better place in his life due to leaving it behind.

This is the direction that they (WB) have decided to go and they just need to let it go, get on with it, accept Affleck’s decision and stop being childish towards those (like Keaton) who are being brought in to help patch up the situation. It’s not fair.

The Snyderverse cult continuing to be the albatross around DC's neck. People were saying they would just chill and go away after the Snyder Justice League cut got released but it doesn't seem like that is true.

Cool that they are filming in Glasgow. There are a number of locations that would would be cool for Gotham.

Last edited:
The Snyderverse cult continuing to be the albatross around DC's neck. People were saying they would just chill and go away after the Snyder Justice League cut got released but it doesn't seem like that is true.

Cool that they are filming in Glasgow. There are a number of locations that would would be cool for Gotham.

I wonder when keaton will begin filming his scenes? How much screen time do we think he will have in this? I hope it’s a decent amount

Even then, why her? She isn't writing the movie or producing them.

Because a decent subset of comic fans are closet or not-closet-at-all misogynists, and so will always blame the nearest relevant woman first and foremost? And the overlap between "Snyder fans" and "Misogynistic comic fans" is considerable?

Because a decent subset of comic fans are closet or not-closet-at-all misogynists, and so will always blame the nearest relevant woman first and foremost? And the overlap between "Snyder fans" and "Misogynistic comic fans" is considerable?
Misogyny, if so, I think doesn't have to equal acting irrational actions. Irrational actions for little to no reason, to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"