Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on all the complaints about the Batmobile overload, maybe Rocksteady should do the next GT or Forza. :oldrazz:

If Rocksteady are staying with WB but leaving batman games and if still interested in other heroes,Then I'd like..

Deathstroke,Nightwing or Red Hood spin-offs
Green Lantern
Lobo

or of course..
Superman

Is it possible to complete all side missions before the main story? I'm 90%through the main story so far and wanna unlock the full ending first time.

Is it possible to complete all side missions before the main story? I'm 90%through the main story so far and wanna unlock the full ending first time.

No. One of them requires being done after the story (doing all the militia stuff), from what I gather, the others though I believe can all be done before finishing the story. Even with the militia one, you can do most of it during the main story, but there's something in it that needs to be done afterwards.

lol at the thug that says he liked the previous batmobile better and that criticizes batman for turning it into a tank...

i think so, i did almost everything before the game ending...i still had to find all the riddles after the first ending :cmad:

lol at the thug that says he liked the previous batmobile better and that criticizes batman for turning it into a tank...

Yeah,he mentions how it was like a sports car that had a kinda retro feel and look to it but "now it's just a damn tank"

I just have to say this game is harder then the other ones. The other ones would take me about 14 hours to beat story mode on first time though with out side stuff. So far I am at about 15 hours and I have not beat it and I am stuck for like the 2nd time. I cant figure out how to turn off the second fan on the part I am at.

Well, I've just discovered I'm really not good at fighting the thugs with stun guns. They've killed me twice. That "evade and attack from behind" move isn't nearly as helpful as the game seems to think it is, lol.

The thug dialogue is so good. I had a bit of a laugh after you beat the game and [BLACKOUT]one of them is making fun of Bat-gadgets and saying things like "look out! It's the Waynemobile! He's going to hit me with his Waynearang!" ...so I tossed a batarang at him and ran him over with the Batmobile. :o Oh, I mean, not run over just...harmlessly sped into him at high speeds so he got tossed aside a little bit with electricity. Right... :oldrazz:[/BLACKOUT]

Well, I've just discovered I'm really not good at fighting the thugs with stun guns. They've killed me twice. That "evade and attack from behind" move isn't nearly as helpful as the game seems to think it is, lol.

You_are_not_alone_gif.gif

The thug dialogue is so good. I had a bit of a laugh after you beat the game and [BLACKOUT]one of them is making fun of Bat-gadgets and saying things like "look out! It's the Waynemobile! He's going to hit me with his Waynearang!" ...so I tossed a batarang at him and ran him over with the Batmobile. :o Oh, I mean, not run over just...harmlessly sped into him at high speeds so he got tossed aside a little bit with electricity. Right... :oldrazz:[/BLACKOUT]

or the fact that one thug remembers he fought Bruce Wayne in Arkham City and he says something in the lines of "i knew i recognized that punch"

Last edited:
[BLACKOUT]or the fact that one thug remembers he fought Bruce Wayne in Arkham City and he says something in the lines of "i knew i recognized that punch"[/BLACKOUT]

I loved that, but spoiler tag it quick.

I also quite liked the thug who had been through Blackgate, Asylum, City and had yet to see Batman. :funny:

I loved that, but spoiler tag it quick.

I also quite liked the thug who had been through Blackgate, Asylum, City and had yet to see Batman. :funny:

done...thanks...i almost got another unintentional infraction....

I wish we could have driven the AA/AC batmobile! :(
JjpmKXd.jpg

Honestly,I wish there weren't any militia,battle armor suit nor the tumbler inspired batmobile. Gangsters,League of Assassins,Ridler Robots,Thugs and Tyger Guards with their new drones would have been enough. Plus of course villain boss battles!

JjpmKXd.jpg

Honestly,I wish there weren't any militia,battle armor suit nor the tumbler inspired batmobile. Gangsters,League of Assassins,Ridler Robots,Thugs and Tyger Guards with their new drones would have been enough. Plus of course villain boss battles!

me too, but oh well...

anyway...Ending spoilers
at first i didn´t quite get the ending...
to understand more the knightfall ending i had to see the ending of riddler´s mission,
what i think the point is...is Bruce Wayne technically doesn´t exist and neither Batman does as People saw who batman was, as a thug put it:"lost his mystique" because he is not anymore a symbol he is just a man: Bruce Wayne.
Batman stop existing when people knew who was behind the mask and the dialogue when he spoke to Catwoman "Gotham needs something worse to protect her, something that has to rise from Batman´s ashes"

so to protect the one´s he love (heck even the game deals with the fact of what happens when he involved others in his job) and for the fact that Batman is not a symbol anymore...he had to sacrifice the Bruce Wayne persona to make people believe in Batman not as a man but as what batman was before: a myth,a force of nature, a symbol.

I think that´s what the Knightfall ending wanted to represent when the thugs were not afraid because they thought "meh, it´s just batman" and then he just became this monster that terrorizes evil in Gotham and nothing else...

He is vengance, he is the night, he is[BLACKOUT] not[/BLACKOUT] Batman

Last edited:
me too, but oh well...

anyway...Ending spoilers
at first i didn´t quite get the ending...
to understand more the knightfall ending i had to see the ending of riddler´s mission,
what i think the point is...is Bruce Wayne technically doesn´t exist and neither Batman does as People saw who batman was, as a thug put it:"lost his mystique" because he is not anymore a symbol he is just a man: Bruce Wayne.
Batman stop existing when people knew who was behind the mask and the dialogue when he spoke to Catwoman "Gotham needs something worse to protect her, something that has to rise from Batman´s ashes"

so to protect the one´s he love (heck even the game deals with the fact of what happens when he involved others in his job) and for the fact that Batman is not a symbol anymore...he had to sacrifice the Bruce Wayne persona to make people believe in Batman not as a man but as what batman was before: a myth,a force of nature, a symbol.

I think that´s what the Knightfall ending wanted to represent when the thugs were not afraid because they thought "meh, it´s just batman" and then he just became this monster that terrorizes evil in gotham

He is vengance, he is the night, he is[BLACKOUT] not[/BLACKOUT] Batman

Also, I think another important clue is that you can activate the Knightfall protocol before finishing everything off. In that, he blows up the manor and the logo comes up but not the part with Gordon and the new Batman. But then you can still play as Batman. So, I think that because of that it's clear he faked his death.

JjpmKXd.jpg

Best Batmobile ever. I'd love for it to be in the game, there's always a chance with DLC.

Also, I think another important clue is that you can activate the Knightfall protocol before finishing everything off. In that, he blows up the manor and the logo comes up but not the part with Gordon and the new Batman. But then you can still play as Batman. So, I think that because of that it's clear he faked his death.

before knowing anything about the ending i honestly was expecting an ending like Red Dead Redemption where his son takes over as the main playable character, in this case Nightwing or Tim Drake

So I finally did a decent chunk of playing today. Probably all this has been said, but --

I'm deliberately going a bit slow with the main story, getting a feel for everything and doing side missions.

I'm fine with the Batmobile. I like it, and deliberately change between driving through the city and gliding, so neither get stale. I can see the drone battles getting repetitive and then more difficult, but thanks to people in this thread, I've been focusing a lot of my level ups on upgrading the **** out of the armour and weapons.

Did the first Riddler race... yeah, those are going to **** me. I've never been good at racing games.

Also, very glad I switched the controls around for the car.

Firefly's reappearance was very cool. As are the varied thugs roaming and chatting in the city.

Joker! Oh man, did he startle me when he first showed up, and a couple of times after.

Man-Bat. Jesus H. Christ, I jumped and screamed "WHAT THE ****?!!" The other people in the room weren't paying attention, so didn't know why I'd made a fool of myself. :funny:

As for the story (stories) so far, I really like them.

so, I'm not far from the first ending, and I can safely say that it's a huge step forward from asylum and city, in regard to story and characterization. It's almost on par with Origins.

So we now have two out of four games where batman feels like a genuine person, and not a robot. I really really like how personal it feels, how you can feel his guilt... it's a really moving story, and they did a great job at adapting those comics. Also, unlike Hugo Strange, both Scarecrow and Arkham Knight feel like genuine threat, because they are seevn several times during the story, not just at the beginning and the end.

I think Knight has some of the best scenes of the four games. The scene in Ace, where you have to slowly prevent the explosion is simply brilliant. Everything is great, especially the music. "Goodby Alfred". I knew nothing was gonna happen, when I got chills during thie dialogue.

I was really anxious about this game, but I can safely say Origins and Knight are my favourite.

Yes it is possible. I did it myself. 100% completion on my first play through. Don't listen to the people saying you can't do it. (Note: you will need the mine detonator to collect one of the Riddler trophies. That caused me some grief.)

Yes it is possible. I did it myself. 100% completion on my first play through. Don't listen to the people saying you can't do it. (Note: you will need the mine detonator to collect one of the Riddler trophies. That caused me some grief.)

What happens regarding Deathstroke then? I had heard from another person that you couldn't finish that one before the main game because Deathstroke still needs to take over as commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"