Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the atmosphere of AK could've been wonderful. With Scarecrow and Halloween. Huge missed opportunity. That's one of the reasons I love Origins so much. They nailed that Christmas holiday atmosphere. Absolutely loved it.

Ditto. For the last couple of years I've made a point to play it around Christmas time. It's a great festive Batman adventure.

Can some one from rocksteady please explain to me why the would chose reptile Batmobile combat boss battle over more traditional ones? I'm not trying to bash I just want someone from rocksteady to literally reveal what the creative process was for saying" hey we got two master combatants ,Batman and death stroke, wouldn't it be cool instead of an amazing Hand to hand fight where you chase death strokes on foot throughy the streets while simultaneously dodging gunfire and throwing batarangs we just make A Batmobile section that does the character no justice? seriously ,what was rocksteady thinking? Why would you just make man bat a "boss fight" where you just glide into him 3 or 4 times? Why not have him fight back, with some of his attacks only being dodgeable and sometimes he tries to fly away and you have to grapple onto his leg and be dragged through the air above Gotham. I'm not trying to berate rocksteady, I think the game was great, but why?! You had all the tools to make boss battles of the century.free flow and stealth where all top notch. I mean whoever did that boss fight with Johnny charisma should have did all of them. Batman distracting charisma while robin goes around disarming bombs was just an amazing sequence. seriously it had to be top 3 gaming moments of my life. I really felt like the dynamic duo taking down a crazy villian. How could the boss fights take such a dive inn quality then? I know this isn't the proper channel to get my question answered but if by any chance I could get RS to answer this, which isn't going to happen, that would be great. Also sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes. I'm on my phone and o the bus.

We've all been saying this. The boss fights, or lack thereof, was appalling. Especially Deathstroke being reduced to a tank fight. And just a repeat of AK's one, too.

Last edited:
I'm cruising around Gotham right now in the 1989 batmobile and damn I really hope the next batman game has the city fully operational and populated!

For this game, I would have preferred if we had driven the AA car for a mission or two but then it gets destroyed and we have to rely on the bat wing like AO and/or the bat boat for transportation. The car focus and militia crap ruined a lot of things!

Imagine the possibilities like..

-Trick or Treaters kids in certain neighborhoods
-People in and outside night clubs dressed in costumes
-Rich folks having a mascarade ball somewhere
-People in restaraunts and other certain places reacting to Batman
-Mob goons hanging outside warehouses
-Taxis and other civilians stoping because Batman is in the street
-Cops parked during patrols instead of always just chasing thugs in taxis or old cars
-A new Ice Burg Lounge being open to the public
-Going to the mascarade ball as Bruce Wayne or during the day being driven by Alfred to Wayne Enterprises

Same here Joker I always try to play Origins during the holiday season.

The 1989 bat mobile would have so perfect in AO!

Yeah it would have brought back Batman Returns memories.

The 1989 bat mobile would have so perfect in AO!

All the talk about origins lately, and seeing the snow in the 89 Batmobile racetracks makes me kind of want some DLC taking place in the snow. I dunno why haha.

While I think the rain and lightning effects are beautiful in Arkham Knight and Scarecrow's messages during the story were eery, there wasn't much else to indicate it was Halloween in the game. I keep thinking of Infamous: Festival of Blood - similar decor could have been effective in Knight. I agree that Arkham Origins Christmas setting was probably the best of all the games. The snow, the music, the decorations, combined with the fact that the city was evacuated all added to the atmosphere of the game.

I loved Origins as a whole, I thankfully only experienced a slight bit of lag gliding around, before a patch fixed it, so I never had any problems with performance.

Finished the Nightwing DLC. I enjoyed it. The better of the 3 I think out of the Harley and Red Hood ones.

It's so fun to drive around with the 1989 Batmobile. I think they should make a full game that would be Batman 3 that we never got. They should get Michael Keaton to voice Batman and Tim Burton to give story ideas. I know it will never happen but it would be a dream come true.

The original Ghostbusters came back to voice their game....just saying.

Do PC versions come with any extras to make up for the "inconvenience"?

Not a word of trying to make it up to the PC crowd.

You know thinking about it.....

Hush should have been the Arkham Knight.

It makes more sense when thinking about it. Hush was terribly done in AK after that ending in AC. Hush in the comics a mastermind villain. Read Hush, Heart of Hush, Hush Money, House of Hush, and Batman Eternal (while his New 52 backstory sucks after Dini perfected it, it's still a good Hush story).

In Heart of Hush, he worked with Scarecrow so it's possible he would work with Scarecrow in AK. Plus since all the villains were suppose to "come together" it makes sense since Hush's plans always involve villains coming together.

Hush also has the money to finance an army. Plus imagine if the AK publicly revealed himself and we saw Bruce Wayne. It would be Bruce would have no choice but to unmask himself as Batman to prove to the world he is Bruce Wayne.

But if Hush was the AK, I just feel like it would take away from Scarecrow in AK since I loved his portrayal.

Last edited:
I hope they remaster Origins for new-gen consoles. I had to sell my 360 collection and library to pay for the 'One, and I feel a knot, with Xmas arriving and not having Origins to play.

I would never sell my old games or consoles unless I really never liked certain games.

Still got my N64.

Yeah I still have my SNES and Sega Genesis. Two of my favorite Batman games I have on the SNES; Batman Returns and The Adventures of Batman and Robin.

I got Batman Beyond Return of the Joker on N64.

Never could get past that Arkham Asylum level.....

That game is just awful on any console.

That game is just awful on any console.

I was too stupid as a kid to realize that.

Hell as a kid, I loved Superman 64. That's mainly because I decided "**** those ******** rings, Ima just fly around Metropolis" and had hours of fun just flying around as Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"