Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Playstation one game? Oh yeah that was just awful. I'm ashamed to say it was one of the first PS1 games I ever owned :o
Yeah, that inexcusable pile of $#%^.
My brother bought a load of PS1 game pirated discs, a lot of those purchases are money waste he regrets, B&R was one of them.

I think most people saw AK's identity coming a mile off. [blackout]When they suddenly start placing so much emphasis on Jason, a character who was not mentioned or had any significant relevance in the previous games, you know he's got some big part to play in the story. They were subtle as a brick with it.[/blackout]

I never believed them about AK being a whole new character. I couldn't imagining them marketing their new villain on a Johnny nobody under the mask that fans never heard of.
I was talking about very early on in the game, long before [blackout]Jason[/blackout] was ever even mentioned

Shadowboxer:

Beat the game last weekend and liked it. But the tank stuff does it to be to much towards the end. Also the arkham Knights identity is obvious to anyone with knowledge of batman lore. 9/10

I just hope the story DLC packs are good.

I HATE them it makes me not wanna play and those ****ing cobra drones. I already know who AK is I still haven't gotten to the his reveal part yet.

I rather play AA, AC and AO then this it's still a very good I give 7.5 or 8/10 even though
Two-Face pushed as a side mission I don't think Rocksteady doesn't like Harvey much.

I done some side missions
Two-Face
The Penguin
Man-Bat

Yes, if you're going to accuse people of having unrealistic expectations, that needs to be based in fact. I can say people found the game a disappointment because they say so in their reviews. I'm not putting words in their mouth or labeling them with something I think they are but have no real basis for saying so. There's no other way to gauge what people thought about something other than reading what they have to say about it, unless you're a mind reader.

What I said was an opinion. Just like your "facts" are based on reviews which are nothing more than someone else's opinion. You're trying to contribute certain reviews as a blanket statement then turn around and accuse me of the same thing. I never said my thought was the end all, be all. I said it could be a reason. And the reviews you read are nothing more than that particular person's opinion. That's how we rate entertainment, there's no factual basis in any of it.

Just because you choose to refer to opinions that support your viewpoint, that doesn't discredit other people who enjoy the game and have opposing views. Believe it or not I'm sure certain gamers didn't mind the tank battles, side missions or absence of boss battles. If you refuse to believe that based on just the reviews you saw, then you my friend are the mind reader, not me.

Last edited:
Yeah, that inexcusable pile of $#%^.
My brother bought a load of PS1 game pirated discs, a lot of those purchases are money waste he regrets, B&R was one of them.

Did you ever finish it? Not only is it a bad game. But it's an extremely difficult bad game.

I was talking about very early on in the game, long before [blackout]Jason[/blackout] was ever even mentioned

Oh I know. I was just saying that even if people didn't pick up on that early hint, they dropped all subtlety a bit later with all the constant [blackout]Jason Todd talk[/blackout]

What I said was an opinion. Just like your "facts" are based on reviews which are nothing more than someone else's opinion. You're trying to contribute certain reviews as a blanket statement then turn around and accuse me of the same thing. I never said my thought was the end all, be all. I said it could be a reason. And the reviews you read are nothing more than that particular person's opinion. That's how we rate entertainment, there's no factual basis in any of it.

Just because you choose to refer to opinions that support your viewpoint, that doesn't discredit other people who enjoy the game and have opposing views. Believe it or not I'm sure certain gamers didn't mind the tank battles, side missions or absence of boss battles. If you refuse to believe that based on just the reviews you saw, then you my friend are the mind reader, not me.

I know what you said was an opinion. I asked you what you were basing said opinion on, as in did you see people actually show they had unrealistic expectations in their vocal criticisms of the game. You don't come to the conclusion that people felt a certain way unless you've seen some evidence of it. You didn't, you just had a theory because you believe this generation of gamers are spoiled and entitled. That was the problem with your unrealistic expectations claim. This is the 4th game of the Arkham franchise. We all know pretty much what to expect from these games at this point. That's why you didn't see people criticizing because they were expecting heaven and earth from this. They didn't show they had been expecting unreasonable things from the game. If anything I thought the criticisms were probably the most fair they've been of the 4 games.

I am positive certain gamers didn't mind the tank battles. Some of them have even said so in this very thread. You are taking everything at face value. When someone says something was considered a disappointment, that doesn't mean every single person on the planet who saw it or played it felt that way. Same as something that was a hit was not loved by everyone. Nothing is ever universally liked or disliked.

Last edited:
Did you ever finish it? Not only is it a bad game. But it's an extremely difficult bad game.
I got over Sonic 3D Blast on the Genesis being a nauseating game, but that did not help me sit through one full level of Batman & Robin.

I know what you said was an opinion. I asked you what you were basing said opinion on, as in did you see people actually show they had unrealistic expectations in their vocal criticisms of the game. You don't come to the conclusion that people felt a certain way unless you've seen some evidence of it. You didn't, you just had a theory because you believe this generation of gamers are spoiled and entitled. That was the problem with your unrealistic expectations claim. This is the 4th game of the Arkham franchise. We all know pretty much what to expect from these games at this point. That's why you didn't see people criticizing because they were expecting heaven and earth from this. They didn't show they had been expecting unreasonable things from the game. If anything I thought the criticisms were probably the most fair they've been of the 4 games.

I am positive certain gamers didn't mind the tank battles. Some of them have even said so in this very thread. You are taking everything at face value. When someone says something was considered a disappointment, that doesn't mean every single person on the planet who saw it or played it felt that way. Same as something that was a hit was not loved by everyone. Nothing is ever universally liked or disliked.

If you understand it's an opinion than you should've never said anything. I'm basing my view on the fact that this is the first Arkham game on this gen of consoles. Yeah, it's the fourth, and had it only come out on ps3, 360 etc., I'd understand. But that's not the case, and I believe fans were wanting something beyond even what we got.

That being said, once again, I never discredited those who feel like you do, you've been trying to discredit me. And I don't think nothing I've said is out of the realm of possibility.

Arkham Knight really feels like a missed opportunity, everything about the game on paper seems like the logical evolution of its predecessors, the problem is the execution. The Batmobile should have never been a focal point of the gameplay, it should have just served as an alternate means of transportation. The side missions involving the militia are terrible and the story is leaving much to be desired.

If you understand it's an opinion than you should've never said anything. I'm basing my view on the fact that this is the first Arkham game on this gen of consoles. Yeah, it's the fourth, and had it only come out on ps3, 360 etc., I'd understand. But that's not the case, and I believe fans were wanting something beyond even what we got.

That being said, once again, I never discredited those who feel like you do, you've been trying to discredit me. And I don't think nothing I've said is out of the realm of possibility.

Why should I not have said anything? Are your opinions infallible? Is it against the rules to ask someone to explain the basis of their opinion? Are you against having your opinion questioned? If you are then public forums where questioning, challenging, and discussing opinions is the norm is not for you. What is so different to questioning what you said and questioning someone who says the game is terrible?

I'm not trying to discredit you. Don't be so thin skinned. I'm discrediting the claim, because it has no actual basis, that the disappointed gamers had unrealistic expectations.

Why should I not have said anything? Are your opinions infallible? Is it against the rules to ask someone to explain the basis of their opinion? Are you against having your opinion questioned? If you are then public forums where questioning, challenging, and discussing opinions is the norm is not for you. What is so different to questioning what you said and questioning someone who says the game is terrible?

I'm not trying to discredit you. Don't be so thin skinned. I'm discrediting the claim, because it has no actual basis, that the disappointed gamers had unrealistic expectations.

Trust and believe this little conversation is not causing me to lose sleep. And this is certainly not the first time you've tried to discredit an opinion because it was different from yours.

And you can challenge or question all you like, that's not the issue. The issue is trying to say someone needs to prove something to your liking in order to satisfy your criteria to have an opinion.

You act as if what I said is impossible, and its not. Someone may have expected more from this game and because they're disappointed, every issue they have with it is magnified. When I'm disappointed in something, just like you pointed out with Age of Ultron, everything becomes worse. Movies I absolutely love, it's easier to overlook their flaws. No different than this game, which I was actually surprised with how good it was, hence why I don't mind the issues you have. This isn't new phenomena, it happens literally to almost everybody with everything on Earth. Except you, apparently...

The most common complaints I see are the Batmobile getting too much focus, boss fights lacking creativity, the Arkham Knight identity being obvious and the Militia being repetitive. None of these seem like people having unrealistic expectations. They know Rocksteady's work, and simply expected the game to be on par with their previous 2 entries. But as their boss fights in Knight already show, that simply isn't the case.

I honestly think Origins is better.

No complaints here, bc IA. AK had better graphics and love the new takedown moves and improved combat, but Origins had the better story, use of villains and pacing. If I had to rank the games it would be

Arkham City
Arkham Origins
Arkham Asylum
Arkham Knight

I may grow to appreciate Knight more as time goes on but based on my first impressions from my initial playthrough, Im not as enthralled with it as I was with the others. The other games kind of felt like lost episodes from the animated series, and this one felt more like a movie. I think they went too big with it and something was lost in translation

For all the grief people gave WB Montreal bc of Origins bugs just bc they weren't Rocksteady, its ironic how AK is pretty much broken on PC to the point where they had to stop selling it and this was made by Rocksteady.

Well, Rocksteady can't be really blamed for the PC release. They worked on the console version while another studio took care of the PC port. Apparently the same studio that ****ed up Origins before.

For all the grief people gave WB Montreal bc of Origins bugs just bc they weren't Rocksteady, its ironic how AK is pretty much broken on PC to the point where they had to stop selling it and this was made by Rocksteady.
I think people are giving Rocksteady s**t for outsourcing on the PC port. They don't get the same kind of quality and development overseeing since it's another group handling it. The reports that WB knew of the issues doesn't help though either.

I got the worst ****ing luck ever.

Ok so I'm in New Game Plus. For some reason early on in New Game Plus when you can go on the island with all the towers like LexCorp, I destroyed all the helicopters and flying drones. You know, because I can.

So I get to the part of the story where I get the gadget that allows me to blind the drones which I already had and guess what? There are no helicopters for me to take out because I already did it and I can't leave the section until I use the gadget on something but there are no drones for me to use it on.

So I'm gonna have to restart from beginning and it pisses me off because I found all those goddamn riddler trophies and now I have to refind them.

**** me

I got the worst ****ing luck ever.

Ok so I'm in New Game Plus. For some reason early on in New Game Plus when you can go on the island with all the towers like LexCorp, I destroyed all the helicopters and flying drones. You know, because I can.

So I get to the part of the story where I get the gadget that allows me to blind the drones which I already had and guess what? There are no helicopters for me to take out because I already did it and I can't leave the section until I use the gadget on something but there are no drones for me to use it on.

So I'm gonna have to restart from beginning and it pisses me off because I found all those goddamn riddler trophies and now I have to refind them.

**** me
I read about this on another forum as well, I had no clue what it was exactly because it wasn't explained that well but I get it now. Hopefully they patch that soon, that sucks.

Final thoughts. I think the Batmobile would have been better served as simply being a mode of fast travel rather than being an active part in the gameplay. I think it was simply a case of Rocksteady overthinking the vehicles usage. I would have had no problem with a GTA type of situation for the car. Story wise, bit of a wasted opportunity IMO, would have liked to see Rocksteady actually add something to the Batman mythology. Biggest negative I got from this was I didn't get the same sense of being Batman as I did the last 3 games, if that had been retained and the cars usage limited I think this would have been the best. City for me is still the most fun, and Origins has the best story.

Last edited:
Did you guys know you could change the Batmobiles control to reverse using the R2 button and R1 toggle Battle mode, making it operate more like a traditional racer. I went through nearly the entire game not knowing that till I heard it mentioned on a podcast. I wish I had known earlier bc i never got used to the controls and hated using Square to reverse as that felt archaic from the PS2 days

Did you guys know you could change the Batmobiles control to reverse using the R2 button and R1 toggle Battle mode, making it operate more like a traditional racer. I went through nearly the entire game not knowing that till I heard it mentioned on a podcast. I wish I had known earlier bc i never got used to the controls and hated using Square to reverse as that felt archaic from the PS2 days
Yeah, Battle Toggle mode, I brought this up early on, I hope people catch that quicker. It's so bizarre that you can't select that option in the pause menu until a certain point in the beginning of the game. After Lucius tells you of upgrades to the car the option becomes available. So I guess Lucius upgrades your blu-ray disc of the game at that moment.

Trust and believe this little conversation is not causing me to lose sleep. And this is certainly not the first time you've tried to discredit an opinion because it was different from yours.

And you can challenge or question all you like, that's not the issue. The issue is trying to say someone needs to prove something to your liking in order to satisfy your criteria to have an opinion.

You act as if what I said is impossible, and its not. Someone may have expected more from this game and because they're disappointed, every issue they have with it is magnified. When I'm disappointed in something, just like you pointed out with Age of Ultron, everything becomes worse. Movies I absolutely love, it's easier to overlook their flaws. No different than this game, which I was actually surprised with how good it was, hence why I don't mind the issues you have. This isn't new phenomena, it happens literally to almost everybody with everything on Earth. Except you, apparently...

Trust and believe I never said or implied this little conversation of ours is causing you to lose sleep. There's that thin skinned attitude again. What is the matter with you? You sound ridiculously paranoid. As if I want you to worry about a video game discussion. I can't believe that even crossed your mind! Are you going to accuse me of trying to invade your dreams next?

Yeah that's why I'm challenging this baseless opinion of yours, because it's different to mine. Watch me challenge Havok83's opinion now because he ranks Arkham City the best, and I think Arkham Origins is best. Can't have that. Everyone's opinion must match my own. I will stand for nothing less!!!!

Have you any other stupid insulting accusations to throw at me, or is this it?

No, I'm saying that claim you made has no validity because you've got nothing to base it on. Not every opinion needs to prove something. Like if someone loves AK best, they don't have to prove they love it best. That's just their opinion. It requires no proof. Saying a generation of gamers are a spoiled entitled lot that had unrealistic expectations for the game and that's why they're disappointed, and you don't have a shred of proof for such a claim, that's the kind of opinion that can and should be challenged.

I never acted like it was impossible. I said you have no basis for the claim. It would be like me saying Rocksteady lost a lot of their creative interest in AK. Is that possible? Sure. Have I any solid basis to make such a claim? No. So I have no valid reason to say it. But if I did, and someone challenged me to offer some kind of proof for such a claim, that would be perfectly reasonable.

If something is a disappointment it's because it has more flaws, so obviously they're more apparent than in something that is loved. I don't know what your point is saying that.

The most common complaints I see are the Batmobile getting too much focus, boss fights lacking creativity, the Arkham Knight identity being obvious and the Militia being repetitive. None of these seem like people having unrealistic expectations. They know Rocksteady's work, and simply expected the game to be on par with their previous 2 entries. But as their boss fights in Knight already show, that simply isn't the case.

Exactly. That was the whole reason why I challenged this unrealistic expectations claim in the first place. We've not seen a sign of it.

Last edited:
I said it once, I think the Arkham Knight twist would be better and go in a different direction than the comics if we learned basically Ra's financed Jason. Ra's lying saying if Bruce cared about him, why isn't Jason alive, brings up Ra's having revenge on Bats not saving Ra's child so Ra's uses one of his against him, yada yada yada.

Only problem would be is its basically taking Strange's arc in City and using Jason except instead of killing the Supervillains, Jason works with them.

Yeah, Battle Toggle mode, I brought this up early on, I hope people catch that quicker. It's so bizarre that you can't select that option in the pause menu until a certain point in the beginning of the game. After Lucius tells you of upgrades to the car the option becomes available. So I guess Lucius upgrades your blu-ray disc of the game at that moment.

I really wish the game let you know about this. It would at least alleviate some frustrations using the vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"