Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. It might be the very last one on the vid that you're missing.

I feel like FreeFlow combat in first person would make me vomit.

On the post-show they said the game would only be roughly an hour long. So, yeah, they were also very vague about what you did, just referenced using detective mode a lot.

On the post-show they said the game would only be roughly an hour long. So, yeah, they were also very vague about what you did, just referenced using detective mode a lot.

this like Star Wars and others have been marketed by Sony as "VR experiences", not VR games. I dont think anyone should go into those expecting more than 2 hours as they arent games, at least not in the traditional sense

Hm...sounds kinda boring.

this like Star Wars and others have been marketed by Sony as "VR experiences", not VR games. I dont think anyone should go into those expecting more than 2 hours as they arent games, at least not in the traditional sense

the question is........will they be charging a full $60 for these "experiences?"

Really a hour? Who is going to buy a game like this for a hour? Really? That is a joke right?

I'm dubious as to how this will work. This series isn't one that easily lends itself to VR.

I'm interested in the VR side of things, but will need to see gameplay first. I'd get the Star Wars Battlefront VR. If this is a new story I may just go ahead and buy it.

I'm dubious as to how this will work. This series isn't one that easily lends itself to VR.
here's what they said and from what they said the vr version is more murder mystery then action. so I guess some might get bored we'll have to see. but here's how they detail it.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Batman: Arkham VR announced for PlayStation VR[/FONT]
Published 6 hours ago. 7 comments.
Launching October exclusively for PlayStation VR.

Batman-Arkham-VR-Ann.jpg

Warner Bros. Entertainment and Rocksteady Studios announced Batman: Arkham VR for PlayStation VR during the Sony E3 2016 press conference. It will launch in October exclusively for the platform.
Here’s an overview, via Rocksteady principle designer Bill Green:
Batman: Arkham VR is a new Batman story set in the Arkham universe and exclusive to PlayStation VR. From the early days of development on Batman: Arkham Asylum, our primary objective has been to create games that make players genuinely feel like they are the Batman. Now I know we said Batman: Arkham Knight was our last-ever Batman game, but the arrival of the PlayStation VR devkits changed that! The opportunity to create a completely new kind of Batman experience, to take the ‘Be the Batman’ experience to an even deeper level on this exciting new platform, was too good to resist.

One of the things that Arkham fans have been asking for is the opportunity to explore some of the most iconic locations in Batman’s universe such as Wayne Manor and the Batcave. For the first time in a Rocksteady Arkham story, Batman: Arkham VR offers players the chance to do exactly that – to feel that unique sense of presence in these legendary locations through virtual reality. If you’ve ever wondered how it would feel to be Bruce Wayne surrounded by the finery of Wayne Manor, then descend into the Batcave to put on the iconic Batsuit, you’ll know why we’re so excited about putting the game in players’ hands.

The switch from screens to headsets was a fascinating creative and technical challenge for us, as it has inspired us to really focus on Batman’s detective skills and find new ways to use them. We all feel that we’ve ended up creating an amazing new Batman experience that is both complementary and a counterpoint to the epic grandeur of Batman: Arkham Knight. This time around we’re telling a highly focused, very personal story entirely in first-person. Batman: Arkham VR is an intense murder mystery in the style of the classic Batman comic books, but with a strong dose of the dark psychology that the Arkham games are well known for.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Batman: Arkham VR, Clips, E3 2016, Game Announce, Rocksteady Studios, Trailers, Warner Bros.

source: Gematsu

Yeah, these are more like Add-ons than releases. I highly doubt you'll be able to play some of these without buying the actual discs for the game.

Yeah, these are more like Add-ons than releases. I highly doubt you'll be able to play some of these without buying the actual discs for the game.

nah I actually think these will be standalone, especially since stuff like Arkham Knight and Battlefront are old games that people may not have anymore. Would they really expect you to dish out an additional $40 (or whatever the MSRP is at the time) just for these bite size experiences? I would hope that they would be smarter than that especially since these are essentially tie-ins concieved after the fact and not part of the actual game

I like the idea, particularly for the variety, but I'm not all that jazzed at the thought of Batman: Dinner Detective Murder Mystery. Seems like it'd wear thin at some point and it's a big initial outlay for the VR system (which I still want to get any damn way). The platform doesn't seem like it'd lend itself to all the athletic and engaging combat that we've gone gaga for in the Arkham series.

Maybe if it came with some sort of freeform gyroscope-like apparatus that you could fit into. Sign me up for that ****. #BetheGyroscope

I like the idea, particularly for the variety, but I'm not all that jazzed at the thought of Batman: Dinner Detective Murder Mystery. Seems like it'd wear thin at some point and it's a big initial outlay for the VR system (which I still want to get any damn way). The platform doesn't seem like it'd lend itself to all the athletic and engaging combat that we've gone gaga for in the Arkham series.

Maybe if it came with some sort of freeform gyroscope-like apparatus that you could fit into. Sign me up for that ****. #BetheGyroscope

well its not and thats kind of the point. Devs shoudlnt try to replicate that stuff for VR but rather reimagine how they approach different properties. I think something like what TellTale is doing would lend itself well to VR. A story driven Bruce Wayne/Batman experience could work where its more about your interaction with the environment and choices and less about acrobatics and combat

The TellTale offering came to mind and I would have remembered to make it if I weren't so giddy about that gyroscope quip. I have reservations there too I've played the Walking Dead games and, as enjoyable as they were, it got a little monotonous at times because you're mostly just watching. I can put it aside because there's only so much I'm expecting from that vehicle. I'd like a Batman offering to be more holistic in approach and I'm cynical on how that balance would be achieved here; even if that balanced skews toward a more cerebral, story-driven undertaking.

Cynical, yet intrigued.

"[BLACKOUT]Nightwing[/BLACKOUT] is dead."

Aaaaand my interest already dropped.

"[BLACKOUT]Nightwing[/BLACKOUT] is dead."

Aaaaand my interest already dropped.

I'm not sure if he's really dead considering Arkham VR takes place after the events of Arkham Asylum, which in my opinion, leaves the possibility of the game taking place before Arkham Knight open.

The Batman Akrham Knight Premium Edition is $25 on PSN right now. Worth it? Has the GOTY actually been confirmed and if so, will it contain anything not in the Premium Edition?

The GOTY is coming out, at least in Europe, but no confirmation for NA. I mean, one would assume, but the GOTY Origins edition never came over, so...?

Odds are it'll just be all the DLC released so far. Even if it's not, I highly doubt it'll be anything substantial or anything. I would just go for it.

the goty for origin's didn't come out due to the fact that put out a fixed version of it after all the complaints about the bugs and issues(which has been talked about enough here ) which was overlooked by the gamer news outlets. if they make a goty it'll be the first for Arkham origins .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"