Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this is better than the barf inducing game based on it, much much better.

The Playstation one game? Oh yeah that was just awful. I'm ashamed to say it was one of the first PS1 games I ever owned :o

I still have to finish that final battle but I just got to the big reveal and what a letdown after hyping up the mystery behind the AK's identity for over a year. Was I the only one that thought it was rather obvious? I mean like within the first hour, not when the anvils started to drop midway.
Alfred and Batman but referred to the AK as a youngster. How could they even know considering he was masked? That was the first hint. The AK kept saying he knew everything about Batman and it was mentioned that he knew how to counter him in combat, which be likely if Batman had trained him. I thought at first it was either going to be Nightwing (having suffered a mental breakdown) or Jason Todd, but I wasnt sure if Jason even existed in this universe. When Nightwing popped up in the story, it became clear that it was Jason to me and I hoped I was wrong. Even after Bat saw the hallucinations, I was hoping that would be a red herring, but it was not. It felt like a rehash of the Red Hood story.
VERY dissappointed. On a sidenote, it was obvious the reveal was coming when the PS4 notified me that gameplay recording was turned off and I figured WB did that to avoid spoilers from leaking on YT

I remember this Rocksteady quote

“There are only two things I can say about the character you just saw. Number one: his name is the Arkham Knight. Number two: [blackout]he is a completely original character that we have designed at Rocksteady in collaboration with DC Comics. [/blackout]That’s it.”

Read More: http://comicsalliance.com/batman-arkham-knight-main-villain-revealed-images/?trackback=tsmclip

tumblr_ljcuc1UyXt1qbipv3o1_400.gif

I think most people saw AK's identity coming a mile off. [BLACKOUT]When they suddenly start placing so much emphasis on Jason, a character who was not mentioned or had any significant relevance in the previous games, you know he's got some big part to play in the story. They were subtle as a brick with it.[/BLACKOUT]

I never believed them about AK being a whole new character. I couldn't imagining them marketing their new villain on a Johnny nobody under the mask that fans never heard of.

Last edited:
The Playstation one game? Oh yeah that was just awful. I'm ashamed to say it was one of the first PS1 games I ever owned :o
Yeah, that inexcusable pile of $#%^.
My brother bought a load of PS1 game pirated discs, a lot of those purchases are money waste he regrets, B&R was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"