Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave you at that. I disagree with half of what you said, it's just opinionated perception of things, but it's taking too much time to write walls of text. RS is done with Arkham series and now we can all embrace the new wonderful world of fantastic characterization in the upcoming games from WB Montreal. Amen. Even though I enjoyed all Arkham games.

I say Season of Infamy is worthy of $5-10.

Well, they're done with Arkham... not Batman :p

But saying that, if this is the end of the Arkham series, how would Montreal get away making a sequel to Origins? Just continue with their own origin franchise?

Well, they're done with Arkham... not Batman :p

But saying that, if this is the end of the Arkham series, how would Montreal get away making a sequel to Origins? Just continue with their own origin franchise?
I said, Rocksteady is done with Arkham series. They are, aren't they? Now there are rumors WB Montreal is making a Suicide Squad game.

I said, Rocksteady is done with Arkham series. They are, aren't they? Now there are rumors WB Montreal is making a Suicide Squad game.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if the entire Arkham series is done, even with WB Montreal? :hmm

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a SS game. I'm fearful of how it will turn in terms of gameplay. When characters team up in those type of games, I find the experience to be underwhelming. Hopefully it'll turn out differently.

Whatever they do with Batman in the future, I only hope for one thing, no more Joker. At the very least for 1 game. And if they still have to add him, make him DLC like Cold, cold heart.

Arkham Origins has the best overall story but lacks in gameplay execution. The only good thing it added was the updated detective mode. The rest were either the same thing with different skin (glue instead of ice) or things that in my opinion hurt the gameplay experience more than add to it (the electric gloves). Add to that the downgrade in graphics and polish.

Arkham City has the best gameplay execution but lacks in story execution with the exception of the inclusion of Clayface. It adds more things that are great compared to Arkham Origins. It's way more polished, looks better and feels better to play. However, as others have said, it disappoints greatly when it comes to characters (except for Joker in my opinion). Hugo Strange and Two-Face most of all.

Arkham Knight...takes the worst of both. It improves on Arkham City when it comes to the story on paper. But it's a downgrade in everything else, even the gameplay. The story, while it has its moments, takes turns that I simply don't enjoy. Like [blackout]the whole Joker virus thing creating more "Jokers"[/blackout]. The conclusion on who Arkham Knight is is way too predictable and badly executed for reasons others have pointed out already.

The biggest fail of Arham Knight however is also what surprised me the most: the gameplay. The amount of tank gameplay is not excusable. I no longer feel like I'm Batman when playing like I did in previous games. Not only due to the amount of tank gameplay, but the gameplay itself is also extremely boring and uninspired. I'd also say that the things they added to the ground gameplay aren't that exciting either. Especially since the camera work in the main combat is worse than in previous games.

The characterizations are as bad as previously in the Rocksteady games. Two-Face is once again a joke. Scarecrow is cool but not used to his potential at all. Deathstroke is a tank battle, and Catwoman is just a damsel in distress.

These things among other things make Arkham Knight by far the worst Arkham game in my opinion:

1) Arkham City
2) Arkham Asylum
3) Arkham Origins

4) Arkham Knight

Yeah, but I'm wondering if the entire Arkham series is done, even with WB Montreal? :hmm

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a SS game. I'm fearful of how it will turn in terms of gameplay. When characters team up in those type of games, I find the experience to be underwhelming. Hopefully it'll turn out differently.

I'm hoping for WB Montreal or Rocksteady (or both combined, or another studio) working on a great Superman game first and foremost. It's due time for that. Batman can rest, unless they include him in something else like a Justice League game.

Yeah. More than anything else in the DC roster, despite him being the one of the biggest challenges in the field, I want there to be a decent Superman game. It's not impossible, if placed in the right hands.

Certainly hope not.
Hope they make another Batman game instead. Maybe with Batmobile this time, but without tank battles, just some chases, car acrobatics and stuff. Driving Batmobile was nice.

Yeah. More than anything else in the DC roster, despite him being the one of the biggest challenges in the field, I want there to be a decent Superman game. It's not impossible, if placed in the right hands.

Yeah, Superman might be a big challenge but definitely not impossible. Sure, Batman is very basic compared to him. It's much easier to combine existing genres and gameplay to make a good Batman game I think. But I think a third person Superman action game could be made great if everything falls into place. I have no idea how myself though.

I'd rather have a Deathstroke game than a Suicide Squad game.

And I believe we'll most definitely have more Batman games from WB Montreal. I'm sure they could make like 3 more prequel games, and honestly I'm hoping for that.

Last edited:
I'm completely with you Oscorp. Arkham City was my favorite because it felt like a natural progression to Asylum in terms of gameplay. I'm not as concerned about story as others. I just want good replay value. The Freeze fight is the best in the whole series because it wasn't just figuring out a pattern and repeating.

I'm only at the Acme Chemical tank fight and I'm already bored of playing. I don't feel like I am Batman flying through the city. I feel like I'm playing a more polished Twisted Metal game.

The hardest thing about a Superman game is gatting around the difficulty problem. Superman should never ever have to worry about henchmen or even really bosses for that matter.

If they introduced a story element like Kryptonite poisoning, or something happening to the sun that starts to weaken Superman gradually.

It would be an interesting dynamic to play as a Superman who is getting weaker and weaker as the game goes on, the difficulty ramping up as his powers become weaker.

What day does the community challenge pack come out this month?

Meh, give Superman the power level he had in the early animated series and have him fight against robots and powered exoskeletons, lasers, plasma beams, etc. Normal hench man and street level thugs could be nothing more than mere quick side quests.

I'd rather have a Deathstroke game than a Suicide Squad game.

And I believe we'll most definitely have more Batman games from WB Montreal. I'm sure they could make like 3 more prequel games, and honestly I'm hoping for that.

same here.

Started replaying Arkham Knight for the third time. The game doesn't deserve the crap it gets. Rocksteady did insane work on it.

I'm only at the Acme Chemical tank fight and I'm already bored of playing. I don't feel like I am Batman flying through the city. I feel like I'm playing a more polished Twisted Metal game.

Fair warning, it only gets worse from here. You've got a slew of tedious tank battles and boring militia tasks ahead of you.

I could never....lol
I would never replay MGSV. Even at gunpoint. One 100% walkthrough was too much. I wanted to kill myself during last 30%.

Arkham Knight is growing on me more and more, even though I liked it from the very beginning. Soon it will take over MGSV as the second best game of 2015.

The hardest thing about a Superman game is gatting around the difficulty problem. Superman should never ever have to worry about henchmen or even really bosses for that matter.

If they introduced a story element like Kryptonite poisoning, or something happening to the sun that starts to weaken Superman gradually.

It would be an interesting dynamic to play as a Superman who is getting weaker and weaker as the game goes on, the difficulty ramping up as his powers become weaker.

Speaking of poison.
I never really understood the Batman poisoning storyline in Arkham City. Maybe I've missed its meaning, but the story could've done without it. If anything, it could've been strengthened for the ending by just having Batman search for the cure to save the citizens... or even by eliminating that and having him go on a mission just to save the Joker, which would lend itself in greater meaning to the question set up by AC -
"Why does Batman care anything about the Joker?"

I know it all goes on to play a part in AK, but I never found its footing in AC to be necessary. Perhaps if it tied into the gameplay, rather than just the storyline.

I'm all for that happening in a Superman game. But I've seen people complain about the idea before -
"How would you feel like Superman if that happens?"

Well, how would you not? Sure, he'll be depowered, but at least it'll add challenge, which every game is required of possessing.

Speaking of poison.
I never really understood the Batman poisoning storyline in Arkham City. Maybe I've missed its meaning, but the story could've done without it. If anything, it could've been strengthened for the ending by just having Batman search for the cure to save the citizens... or even by eliminating that and having him go on a mission just to save the Joker, which would lend itself in greater meaning to the question set up by AC -
"Why does Batman care anything about the Joker?"

I know it all goes on to play a part in AK, but I never found its footing in AC to be necessary. Perhaps if it tied into the gameplay, rather than just the storyline.

In a vacuum, it doesnt work on its own but it was clearly set up for AK. Several plot elements from AC were left unresolved bc they intended to tie things together with the final game. Thats how I look at it now in hindsight having played AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"